Call of Duty: The War Collection coming soon

not really, you can get all of them for less separately, just another way for Activision to milk the series.

[quote name='Gerbar']not really, you can get all of them for less separately, just another way for Activision to milk the series.[/QUOTE]
This

I've been hoping publishers start doing this more with old franchises...

Just... not excited for this one. haha.

(Thinking more along the lines of Sony first and second party trilogies from last gen)

That is true on Activision milking. At 39.99 I could say deal, but not 59.99.

You gotta consider you could buy both CoD2 and 3 for probably less than 20 on ebay and W@W should net you 20ish.

[quote name='Halo05']I'm rarely, if ever, the guy to scream "not a deal" but seriously, the bundle should be $30.[/QUOTE]

yup $30 is about right.

Call of Duty games aren't rare, so this reprint isn't that big a deal. I wonder how Infinity Ward feels about one of their games being bundled with the Treyarch entries.

[quote name='shytface']If it were $29.99 and all 3 games came on a single Blu Ray for PS3 I'd be a little interested.[/QUOTE]

cod 2 was never release for the ps3 and i don't think they want to do extra work and port it over so i'm not surprised its not on ps3.

There's a chance that this release could include the map packs for these games. Not a big deal for CoD2 or CoD3, but for W@W, it could seriously increase the value of this package. Of course, it's Activision, so I'd bet good money that the map packs aren't included.

I'm more interested in a W@W platinum hits/GOTY/whatevertheywannacallit edition with the map packs included.

[quote name='apathylad']Call of Duty games aren't rare, so this reprint isn't that big a deal. I wonder how Infinity Ward feels about one of their games being bundled with the Treyarch entries.[/QUOTE]

They're probably thinking "Take the copper wire! We can't leave anything! Hurry!" as they probably aren't concerned since you know.... everyone's leaving.

Only title I find worth it is WaW, but thats because I love that game.

I'm a bit confused as to why ANYONE would pay $60 + tax for these old games. This is not a deal, sorry.

After becoming slightly bored with Battlefield Bad Company 2 and FED UP with MW2.. I'm hoping Red Dead delivers on the 18th. I really need a new multiplayer game to play on XBL. :)

I think the title of this package is wrong. According to Activision PR, the collection is called Call of Duty Collection: stupid people still buy our milked out overpriced crap....edition ;)

Crap aside, I do agree that this collection should be 29.99. Asking 60 dollars for 2 vastly outdated and one moderately dated game is a giant ripoff. But hey its Activision, I guess you can't expect anything less from them :)

LOL if anyone thinks this is a "deal" is a moron.

COD2 was ok, COD3 is shit and WaW is okish.

Everyone should pass and just get COD4 or MW2 for half the price and better games.

Only CoD2 and WaW are worth having. CoD2 was great when it came out and I still pull it out to play. WaW shouldn't be dismissed as another WWII shooter since there's no D-Day mission. There's more with the Eastern and Pacific fronts which isn't done much in games.

Yeah, not a deal.

I played through CoD2 + 3 recently. I don't particularly think they're worth "re-visiting" or "catching up" on.

Just play the latest CoD game and you're good. (There: I saved you $60. You welcome.:lol:)

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I'm a bit confused as to why ANYONE would pay $60 + tax for these old games. This is not a deal, sorry.

After becoming slightly bored with Battlefield Bad Company 2 and FED UP with MW2.. I'm hoping Red Dead delivers on the 18th. I really need a new multiplayer game to play on XBL. :)[/QUOTE]

amen to that

Ayup, totally cashing in. Can't you get all 3 of these NEW for something like $40 total anyway?

These are also, IMHO, the weakest of the COD games. And who wants to play through three weak COD games?

I guess...someone.

[quote name='Kylearan']Ayup, totally cashing in. Can't you get all 3 of these NEW for something like $40 total anyway?
[/QUOTE]

No.

When was the last time you people actually searched for CoD2 online? The cheapest it goes for on Amazon is around $55 shipped, and the cheapest I can find it on eBay for is $43 shipped. (I'm talking about the 360 version, mind you)

Tack on $20 a piece for the other two games and in the end you actually are saving some money with this bundle.

[quote name='Camwi']No.

When was the last time you people actually searched for CoD2 online? The cheapest it goes for on Amazon is around $55 shipped, and the cheapest I can find it on eBay for is $43 shipped. (I'm talking about the 360 version, mind you)

Tack on $20 a piece for the other two games and in the end you actually are saving some money with this bundle.[/QUOTE]

So, Activision is actually saying "Hey, one of these games is so god damned old now that it sells new for a bunch of money, so this is a good deal on games nobody plays anymore!" I guess if you really must have it new, but I'm sure I've seen CoD2 used in a GS for under $10.

So do you think there's a chance that 2 and 3 will at least have the graphics redone to HD resolutions? That would make the $60 a little more worthy, although since it's Activision it's probably just a lazy collection.

EDIT - Or were 2 and 3 already on the 360? I don't keep up with the CoD series too well, obviously.

I was very excited to see this package put together as I don't have CoD 2, & 3, or W@W yet........
... then I saw the price. :bs:
The are trying to take advanage of mindless CoD fans who are NOT GAGs and do not know better. (12 year olds & Moms)

I'll wait until it goes on sale for half that price, or lower on clearance.

Two questions

Will W@W have the extra DLC multiplayer maps? this would make it a little more worth it.
Will this just be the same three games and cases wrapped up together? or will it be in a new smaller case?

Call of Duty World at War is currently $40 new. Call of Duty 2 & 3 both currently $30 each on Xbox Live Games on Demand. That's $100. Without any coupons all 3 games are $47.97 at Gamestop.

I don't think any CAGs are buying this at $60, but it is hardly a ripoff.

I don't really see the point in finding the highest possible price for them on the internet and claiming that $60 is therefore an amazing deal. Two of these games are old, and if you are paying $30 for either of them, there is no help for you.

Just checked & I would very, very much hope this came with the GotY CoD 2 & Gold edition CoD 3. I see there is no W@W that comes with multiplayer maps.... yet.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I don't really see the point in finding the highest possible price for them on the internet and claiming that $60 is therefore an amazing deal. Two of these games are old, and if you are paying $30 for either of them, there is no help for you.[/QUOTE]

Saying it's not a ripoff is not the same as saying its an amazing deal.

I'm having flashbacks to the crazies on FW and SD who think you're crazy if you pay more than $1K for a car. This may be a shock to some, but convenience has value for many people.

[quote name='jkanownik'] Call of Duty 2 & 3 both currently $30 each on Xbox Live Games on Demand. [/QUOTE]

Seriously? Can't understand how they are over $10-$15 each, what a crock.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I don't really see the point in finding the highest possible price for them on the internet and claiming that $60 is therefore an amazing deal. Two of these games are old, and if you are paying $30 for either of them, there is no help for you.[/QUOTE]

$60 is not an amazing deal, but it IS still a deal, as I already pointed out. Believe it or not, there are people out there who like to play older games and are willing to shell out good money for 'em.

Personally, I've never played CoD2 or CoD3, but I'd like to one day just so I can see how the series has evolved since then.

The deal's not for everyone. So what? No need to be so defensive about it.

[quote name='darknight88']LOL if anyone thinks this is a "deal" is a moron.

COD2 was ok, COD3 is shit and WaW is okish.

Everyone should pass and just get COD4 or MW2 for half the price and better games.[/QUOTE]

Cod 2 was a very good game when it came out and cod 3 was a lot of fun especially online.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm stoked about this. I already have these games and have no intention of picking up this bundle, but I still enjoy Call of Duty 2 online sometimes. Hopefully this will do something to jumpstart a greater number of Live games.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Seriously? Can't understand how they are over $10-$15 each, what a crock.[/QUOTE]

They're that price because they know there are idiots more interested in Gamerscore than their own wallets.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Anyone ACTUALLY gonna buy this? Seriously, not only is this a rip off price, but who wants to sit around and pay 60 bucks to play COD2 and 3?[/QUOTE]
i plan to buy it since i dont have these 3 in the series, but i refuse to pay more that 30 for the set. so ill wait for the inevitable price drop.

i definitely plan to get this since these are the 3 games I'm missing in the series. but i will wait for the inevitable $30 price point.

bread's done
Back