Call of Duty: Vietnam ?!

Yeah its Treyarch though not Infinity Ward

I could not finish Call of Duty World at War on Veteran - final push into Reichtang because of the damn infinite respawn - damn Treyarch

Looks like Treyarch was looking for a way to spice things up and steal the spotlight from Infinity Ward.

~HotShotX

Only interested in their extra zombie mode, been burned by Treyarch's campaign and multiplayer before with CoD2:BRO and CoD:WaW. Perfect time for Medal of Honor to release during CoD's "off year".

But damn, they'll have a flamethrower... CoD:MW2 needs one, I'm a sucker for them.

I'm going to be interested to see how this is recieved, since WaW was hated because people were getting used to modern guns from Call of Duty 4. Nice to see that Call of Duty is expanding their borders, but I have a feeling it won't be extremely popular.

[quote name='The_Forgetful_Brain']I just want Treyarch to do a full-on Zombies game, goddammit.[/QUOTE]

It would suck. Just get Left 4 Dead 1/2.

I'm sure it'll be another copy and paste of Mw. Skip

Well hopefully they can do 'Nam some justice , every other 'nam game has sucked major ASS!!!! I'll rent 1st just to see how it is , i'll just have to pick up lots of beer before hand . . . . . "were going to 'nam to kill us some $$$$s boys . . WWWWOOOOOOO!!!!" This game might actually be a good thing , hell at least its not another wash 'n' rinse WWII era game!!!

I think this is gonna kick ass. I can't understand all the hating on Treyarch. Seems just like internet pile-on bullshit. COD WAW was awesome. I like MW 2 but the story was soooo cheesy and over the top at least with a real war it won't be some Hollywood D- shit movie storyline.

It should be great. WaW was a nice game, and I admittedly got far more enjoyment out of it than I did with CoD4. Granted most of that time was spent playing Nazi Zombies, but still.

What do so many people have against Treyarch?

very cool! it's too bad that developers/publishers have been scared off my the few crappy Vietnam games by mostly garbage devs.

I hope Treyarch does a great job with this one and it lead to more quality Vietnam-era games.

I do like the concept: a war game not WWII based... Yes I do realize there are a few games not WWII based but whatever.
Next- Call of Duty: Revolutionary War...

I really liked World at War but COD3 was dreadful I just tried to start it up again and had to put it away it was so bad.

[quote name='life.exe']They just copy and paste MW.[/QUOTE]

Right, and you have the code to prove this? And if they do, it's so they can make the games as similar as possible. It would kind of suck if every other game in the franchise had a completely different engine than the previous game. That would be like taking a Tom Clancy game and giving it a COD title.

I have nothing against Treyarch. WaW was a good game, and I have no doubt that this one will be. The only reason MW2 and COD4 were better is because of the guns. Otherwise, they're both great games.

I'm looking forward to this game, and expect it to be almost as good as MW2.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']
What do so many people have against Treyarch?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='life.exe']They just copy and paste MW.[/QUOTE]

Oh really life.exe? What about all of the key additions that Treyarch did? Treyarch absolutely smoked IW in terms of presentation. To start, they added a party system, the were 100x quicker to patch glitches, they added the squad up feature, they added support for people with modded controllers, they had a full on web interface to look at your stats, and oh yea... You could actually play the game without constantly losing your friends on the way to the lobby.

Basically, they made MP better and actually playable. IW reversed it all with MW2 because they are too damn arrogant to accept that fact that Treyarch did good. God forbid they copy anything that Treyarch did.

IW is so damn arrogant that they are still patching shit that could have easily have been resolved with a beta. But nope, they are too full of themselves to allow that to happen.

Then there is the whole DLC factor too. COD4 sold a shit load of copies yet they only felt the need for one DLC pack. Yea maybe they wanted to be sure to put a lot more time into MW2, but did it help. Not really, because the game is still fucked up beyond all belief.

[quote name='Access_Denied']I have nothing against Treyarch. WaW was a good game, and I have no doubt that this one will be. The only reason MW2 and COD4 were better is because of the guns. Otherwise, they're both great games.

I'm looking forward to this game, and expect it to be almost as good as MW2.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

[quote name='kitpowers007']I do like the concept: a war game not WWII based... Yes I do realize there are a few games not WWII based but whatever.
Next- Call of Duty: Revolutionary War...[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty : Cold War

I'll be interested to see how this turns out. I'll likely just skip it and wait for the next Infinity Ward game like I did with World at War.

I get too burned out trying to play a CoD every year, so I prefer to take the year off and not get burned out playing an inferior Treyarch CoD game.

But maybe they'll get it right this time. Though, not being WWII will help. I don't like that setting and hate the guns, which kept me from getting into WaW (put a few hours into the Beta and decided not to buy it).

[quote name='mvp828']IW reversed it all with MW2 because they are too damn arrogant to accept that fact that Treyarch did good. God forbid they copy anything that Treyarch did.[/QUOTE]They took giving you new custom classes when you prestige from WaW. I think showing your party on the in-game indicators in a different color than randoms might have come from there too.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']Call of Duty : Cold War[/QUOTE]

ya, that would be fun. right after you go to training, you can head straight over to the couch. sit there for a bit, then run to your bomb shelter. then back to the couch, maybe drive to the grocery store, and then go back to your bomb shelter.

IGN would still give it a 10/10

[quote name='mvp828']Oh really life.exe? What about all of the key additions that Treyarch did? Treyarch absolutely smoked IW in terms of presentation. To start, they added a party system, the were 100x quicker to patch glitches, they added the squad up feature, they added support for people with modded controllers, they had a full on web interface to look at your stats, and oh yea... You could actually play the game without constantly losing your friends on the way to the lobby.

Basically, they made MP better and actually playable. IW reversed it all with MW2 because they are too damn arrogant to accept that fact that Treyarch did good. God forbid they copy anything that Treyarch did.

IW is so damn arrogant that they are still patching shit that could have easily have been resolved with a beta. But nope, they are too full of themselves to allow that to happen.

Then there is the whole DLC factor too. COD4 sold a shit load of copies yet they only felt the need for one DLC pack. Yea maybe they wanted to be sure to put a lot more time into MW2, but did it help. Not really, because the game is still fucked up beyond all belief.

Couldn't have said it better myself.[/QUOTE]

They were able to add things because they changed nothing about the actual gameplay. I'm not defending IW because I already sold MW2. I got sick of it. Treyarch added nothing to the gameplay. All WaW was, was MW re-skinned with a horde/wave mode called Nazi Zombies. I have no problem if you enjoyed the game. More power to you, but that doesn't change the fact that Treyarch is a lazy ass developer.

The only reason Treyarch was much quicker on patches, content etc.. is because they didn't do shit to the game. I guarantee you that Treyarch couldn't make their own stand alone fps without help from someone else. They took everything that IW had in place and added on to it. That would be like buying a car, adding things to the car, repainting it and saying you made the car. That's all Treyarch is doing.

Also I highly doubt it was Treyarchs doing as far as wanting to push so much DLC. I'm betting it was Activision wanting them to do it.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']I dont think we have ever had a game about Vietnam before... i just hope they dont fuck it up.[/QUOTE]

There have been plenty. Battlefield: Vietnam, Vietcong, and Shellshock, are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

215499399_pfUFC-L-2.jpg

[quote name='mvp828']Then there is the whole DLC factor too. COD4 sold a shit load of copies yet they only felt the need for one DLC pack.[/QUOTE]

I don't hate on Treyarch, but I don't think the DLC factors in their favor. In implementing the DLC, they pretty much forced people to buy it, or lose the ability to effectively play multiplayer online. If your group was about to play a map you didn't have, then you got booted from the group. That's just not cool. I don't know who decided to make the game that way, Treyarch or Activision, but it was total bush league.

[quote name='Cao Cao']There have been plenty. Battlefield: Vietnam, Vietcong, and Shellshock, are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

Men of Valor would be another one.

Sounds interesting. I will most likely rent it, if its good I'll buy it when it hits $40. I have been meaning to play W@W again since I have all the map packs. I like WW2 games but It is good to see them move on.

I wonder if they will use killstreaks like napalm strikes and agent orange.
Just as long as they don't have dogs. They would also have the M16 and AK,I hope the m16 is full auto.

I've been waiting forever for a decent nam game on next gen console. I used to play the shit out of conflict Vietnam and purple haze for the original XBOX.

WAW I enjoy as a side game to MW2. The problem is they throw the damn "BUY THE MAPS YOU LIL BIATCH!" pop up screen everytime I go into game lobbies where theres a map that I don't own. That's rather annoying. The single player is also pretty damn brutal on veteran as others stated.

I'll be getting it most likely just because of the simple fact I'm gonna throw 10+ days into damn MW2 multiplayer when all is said and done.

Hopefully they only focus on this, and not on other titles like they did with Spider-Man:WoS and 007:QoS. Watched reviews of CoD3 and their multiplayer allowed 24 so I'm at least hoping they expand the cap especially with a engine they are experienced with.

I liked WAW way more than MW due to the guns. By the time I bought my 360, both games were already out. I honestly tried really hard to like MW due to all the hype but I found myself liking WAW a lot more when I played. It was probably due to the fact that I played the hell out of BF 1943 and Day of Defeat on the PC (I preferred DOD to CS also at the time).

But even before MW2 came out, I traded in my copy of WAW and haven't had an itch to play it again. And I'll probably do the same when the next COD comes out.

I like Treyarch and IW. It's hard to compare the two because they have switched to Historical vs Modern. The guns in MW and MW2 are more fun because of higher accuracy and strength, but W@W has some neat features. I thought the Team DM Hardcore was MUCH better in W@W. In MW2, you die in like 2 seconds thanks to every gun being able to kill you across the map. At the same time, GPS tracking in regular DM sucks when you have to waste two slots of perks just to not have some ass camp around a corner with a heartbeat and a harrier overhead.

Idk, they both have plenty of cons, though I still love playing them.

CoD: Vietnam... $10 on CCR - Fortunate Son being the main menu/opening movie song :)

bread's done
Back