Call of Duty World at War (360) $34.99 w/free shipping at Best Buy (Sunday Ad)

Our local BB remodeled and it looks like the one by my work now. When I went in looking for Motorstorm 2 this past week it was nowhere to be found in the aisle but I came across it on a display/endcap elsewhere in the store. Make sure you take a good look around before you consider it OOS.

[quote name='nogglefish']I drove in the ice (up-hill, both ways) - not only did they not have any, but it was kinda of shifty - no area where the Xbox360 version would have been. The guy I spoke with was kind of iffy on his story - first they didn't have any, then it was that the truck was delayed...

Oh well. It was fun to drive sideways...[/quote]

That is why I will never, ever live North, northeast, or northwest. Sunny Texas weather in the 70s right now is where I belong.

Does anyone know what the trade-in value for COD:W@W is? I've read that the entire campaign can be beat in a day or two and that the multiplayer can be pretty cheap with nade spanning, pockets of lag, and hit detection issues. If I can turn around and get like $25-$30 in credit, I won't feel to bad about biting at this point.

the Best Buy near me was out of Call of Duty: WaW but they gave me a raincheck for the game (at $35).

Does the price on the raincheck last after the week ad?

EDIT: PM this at Circuit City and also got 10% off the difference so I got the game for $32.50.

Mhahaha :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked it up this morning.

Playing through the campaign. So far, I'm enjoying the campaign much more than COD4. It's scripted, but at no point yet have I seen endless enemies pouring out of a spawn point. The AI sometimes misses enemies. At least 10 times so far I did a double take, because a German or Japanese soldier is running right at me or shooting at me, even though my allies are all running right past him. I failed once due to friendly fire, cause my Russian ally was standing among 3 german troops (I mean absolutely on top of them) and I killed him as I was gunning them down.

[quote name='RobnessMonster']Does anyone know what the trade-in value for COD:W@W is? I've read that the entire campaign can be beat in a day or two and that the multiplayer can be pretty cheap with nade spanning, pockets of lag, and hit detection issues. If I can turn around and get like $25-$30 in credit, I won't feel to bad about biting at this point.[/quote]

$30 per the JP's Gamestop thread. But with the amount of games that will be sold with this deal, you can bet that tiv will be dropping soon.

You can buy it online, then use 'instore-pickup' to guarantee you'll get a copy at this price. Right now, Bestbuy is backordered on the title. Looks like a two week delay. I used instore pickup, they told be which stores had the title, and reserved a copy for myself. No hassle, have it in one day for $35!!! SWEET

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']$30 per the JP's Gamestop thread. But with the amount of games that will be sold with this deal, you can bet that tiv will be dropping soon.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. If your intention is to buy it for $38, play through the single player a few times and then trade in and hope to get back the cost of at least a rental ($9), you better hurry every chance you get. I would bet all my systems that the trade in on this will drop $10 by Jan 1.

Oh, and I was at the Best Buy at 44 and Skelly in Tulsa this morning and there were tons and tons of copies of WaW and not a soul even bothering to look at them.

the economy is pretty shitty right now, in case you haven't noticed...a lot of these deals are easier to get now than they were a year ago.

[quote name='tyronemcbg']You can buy it online, then use 'instore-pickup' to guarantee you'll get a copy at this price. Right now, Bestbuy is backordered on the title. Looks like a two week delay. I used instore pickup, they told be which stores had the title, and reserved a copy for myself. No hassle, have it in one day for $35!!! SWEET[/quote]

If your Best Buy has shitty employees, like the Best Buy in Parma OH, you may get a confirmation email and a "Sorry we are out of stock" when you go out of your way to pick it up. I've learned to walk the store and grab a copy for myself before waiting in the customer service line if it's busy.

Will bestbuy offer this price in the store? I wanted to pickup the Guitar Hero for Wii, and then use the giftcard on COD.

[quote name='gsr']the economy is pretty shitty right now, in case you haven't noticed...a lot of these deals are easier to get now than they were a year ago.[/QUOTE]

Yep, noticed. Doesn't change one iota that what I said was true. If you live in Tulsa a copy is easy to get. Appreciate the snide comment, by the way. I'm sure that helped everyone out immensely.

[quote name='menikmati']Placed one for in-store pickup so I can secure my copy for tomorrow (I know, I'm paranoid).[/quote]

Ditto here too. But OP please give credit where credit is due. Speedy already posted this in his thread so please thank him for the heads up.

[quote name='mrg']Me too. I have a 360 but I quit buying games for it. Such a quandry. I have both systems but much prefer to buy games for the the PS3 for the obvious reason. Yet, you always see these deals ONLY for the 360. Unbelievable.

Bring on the PS3 version! Come on Amazon, you can do it.[/quote]

Not really that unbelievable due to the fact that us 360 users have to pay for live to play games online. Although we don't usually pay full price for a sub card thanks to CAG, we still have to pay, so it's understandable that companies would reduce the price on 360 games to get more players to buy their game.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Not really that unbelievable due to the fact that us 360 users have to pay for live to play games online. Although we don't usually pay full price for a sub card thanks to CAG, we still have to pay, so it's understandable that companies would reduce the price on 360 games to get more players to buy their game.[/QUOTE]

Very good deal on one of the better games to come out this year. Not sure what paying for XBL has to do with anything, actually it doesn't have anything to do with a game price. BB has 2 360 games and 2 PS3 games on sale at this price and the other 360 game is the new Star Wars game, which has no online play at all.

I was able to pick up one the last copy's at the Best Buy in West L.A. if anybody is thinking of going to this location to pick it up. Someone hid the copy around the Wii titles. Might be more, but this was the only copy I found. This was around 12pm.

[quote name='thepik241']

EDIT: PM this at Circuit City and also got 10% off the difference so I got the game for $32.50.

Mhahaha :p[/quote]

Is it store policy? Or are you part of the gamers club?

[quote name='farfus']This time the best buy is actually at Best Buy!!![/quote]

I am going to guess that Amazon is going to continue the trend and PM this. At least I hope they do, if not then I might go pick this up at BB

EDIT: Oh and I would like to also say that everyone should check out Speedys Ads at the top of the page every week. this was there early last week.

[quote name='DANIEL']do you guys know if Amazon will price match it?[/quote]

We will find out tomorrow at the latest. At least I would think if its not on there then its safe to buy at BB

[quote name='SoulReaver']That would feel so weird, warm weather during the Christmas holidays....[/quote]

Off-topic:

I think its weird getting tons and tons of snow and not being able to drive and get a burger or just walk around without freezing to death. At least I am not moving piles and piles of snow to get out of my house. I saw the Patriots game and I swear I would hate going anywhere with that much snow.

Snow0222A.JPG

Fun ^^^

I respect your decision to live in this weather. It is not my thing I guess. Ok enough of my rant. Back to this deal :)

I just got back from Best Buy and am pretty sure I grabbed the last copy of COD they had on display. Pretty good feeling. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Eyecue']Is it store policy? Or are you part of the gamers club?[/quote]

Store policy, I called customer service at the CC closest to me to see if they would price match it with a 10% off difference and they said yes.

So when I went to CC to purchase the game the cashier had to call customer service on her headset because she didn't think I was right about the PM and the 10% off difference.

Then after customer service verified CC PM the product and takes off 10% of the difference she had to get a calculator to get the difference. I quickly said it was $2.5 but she was like "how did you figure that out". I didn't respond because I didn't want to say something stupid like "it is simple math".

She then said that she needed a calculator for verification purposes so I took my phone out and did the calculation for her and unfortunately for me the difference was $2.49 :p

So in short yes PM the product and subtracting 10% off the difference is the store policy of Circuit City. But I hope you enjoyed my story.

I just wasted a trip to Best Buy. The one I went to said that there was none in stock. That sucks! The nearest Best Buy is like 30-40 minutes away. i am thinking is it worth it for this game. I might just let them ship it to me and just wait for a few weeks .

Luckily I ordered online earlier this morning
Best Buy was packed around 3PM

No more COD:WaW only 4 copies of COD4, No Halo 3's
A lady was going to buy the regular COD4 instead of the GoTY edition
i did my good deed for the week

Also they had Mountains of Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour

Well I am going to try the other best buy early tomorrow. I also got to do a bunch of shopping around that area anyway. If they run out I can go to either CC or Walmart to get a price check.

[quote name='jdeluis']I was able to pick up one the last copy's at the Best Buy in West L.A. if anybody is thinking of going to this location to pick it up. Someone hid the copy around the Wii titles. Might be more, but this was the only copy I found. This was around 12pm.[/quote]

lol I reserved an instore pick up there. Sorry bout that ^_^

[quote name='oasisboy']Off-topic:

I think its weird getting tons and tons of snow and not being able to drive and get a burger or just walk around without freezing to death. At least I am not moving piles and piles of snow to get out of my house. I saw the Patriots game and I swear I would hate going anywhere with that much snow.

Snow0222A.JPG

Fun ^^^

I respect your decision to live in this weather. It is not my thing I guess. Ok enough of my rant. Back to this deal :)[/quote]
where was this at, rhode island? Ain't snow grand!

No snow for me, Arizona valley of the sun! We finally hit the low 30's recently!

This is really tempting and then I remembered I still have gift cards to use, going to Best Buy tomorrow! All the stores show it in stock, and online ordering is not available for it right now.

bread's done
Back