Call of Duty: World at War $44.99 at Kmart/Sears (12/14-12/20)

Great game and awesome deal. I got this used as part of the last GS B2G1 deal. I'd say it's just as good as COD4, maybe better in spots. It depends on what time period you prefer. Almost all of the achievement points come from playing on veteran, which is insane. Lots of Japanese doing banzai rushes on you.

Personally, I wanted to have fun with the game, so I just put it on the easy mode and kissed achievement points goodbye. Campaign is between 6 and 8 hours. Online was really great though. You can play through any of the campaign missions in co-op mode (competitive or together).

I am a SP only gamer and at 6-8 hours, I am just gonna have to pass on this at any price and rent. Dang, 15 hours and I would gladly pay $50 or more as I looooovvvvveeeee WW2 shooters. And playing on the most difficult settings is not fun in these games as they just kill you che eap too much. Maybe next summer it will be on sale for $19.99 somewhere. I'll wait.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']will amazon match this price?[/QUOTE]

They might, but it seems when they match the ads sometimes they don't do it until Monday instead of on Sunday.

[quote name='mrg']I am a SP only gamer and at 6-8 hours, I am just gonna have to pass on this at any price and rent. Dang, 15 hours and I would gladly pay $50 or more as I looooovvvvveeeee WW2 shooters. And playing on the most difficult settings is not fun in these games as they just kill you che eap too much. Maybe next summer it will be on sale for $19.99 somewhere. I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. It seemed about as long as COD4. They do mix things up by switching between Soviets v Nazis and Americans v Japanese. This is definitely the best WW2 shooter I've played to date. If you're not going to touch online play though, I'd say beat it in a rental.

Veteran difficulty was insane. I got 3/4 of the way through the first level, and after 20 attempts on one section of a Japanese ambush, I gave up. Not worth the aggravation of 30 achievement points per level. lol.

I'll be getting this for PS3 if I decide to return my 360, that zombie mode looks especially fun! Otherwise I'll be having more fun with Left 4 Dead :)

for call of duty 4 modern war fare game of the year edition, are there two different version? one with extra 4 maps, and one w/o the map?

Correction. COD4 GOTY no longer includes the maps. Only the old GOTY version (the cover stated that it includes maps" has maps. I received a brand new COD4 GOTY the other day and it didn't have maps. Granted, the cover did not say the maps were included.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']Correction. COD4 GOTY no longer includes the maps. Only the old GOTY version (the cover stated that it includes maps" has maps. I received a brand new COD4 GOTY the other day and it didn't have maps. Granted, the cover did not say the maps were included.[/QUOTE]

can you download the 4 maps for free? or do you have to pay for the four maps if you get the COD4 GOTY?

The old GOTY has this picture with the maps:
http://www.gameexpress.com/images/product/original/047875833999F.JPG

[quote name='Plastics']Anyone got an update if this is online only or in-store as well?[/quote]
I would assume both since it is in their weekly ad.

[quote name='BingoBrown']FYI, check Speedy's post about 21st-27th ad prices, CoD:WaW will be $35 @ Best Buy starting Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it.

[quote name='BingoBrown']FYI, check Speedy's post about 21st-27th ad prices, CoD:WaW will be $35 @ Best Buy starting Sunday.[/quote]
yeah well, according to Speedy's post, its only on Xbox360....and not all of us have an Xbox 360, or will it be both? Because if it is, Im buying this.

bread's done
Back