Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

[quote name='xcoax']http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/codwwbeta/

This should really be added to the first post or something. I'm looking at you OP![/quote]

Thanks! :bouncy: Champion as usual!! :D ... and yeah, OP would help that a lot!

Edit: I take it all back! That link doesn't work for me!! :bomb:

Edit Edit: Ok, champion again! Just had to copy and paste! Darn voodoo magic that doesn't just let me click on the link!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I dont know what it is I just cant get into this game at all. The gore is nice but it seems so blah. I wish the maps held more people though.

One thing I really miss from PC games is 32 on 32 or something like that. This 8 on 8 or 12 on 12 is fucking lame.

[quote name='Soodmeg']One thing I really miss from PC games is 32 on 32 or something like that. This 8 on 8 or 12 on 12 is fucking lame.[/quote]

Actually, it's 6 v 6 at the moment ;)! But, yeah, bigger matches would be fun, except I think my xbox would explode!! :hot:

Wow. I think even the 9 v 9 ground war matches in CoD4 are too hectic, so I really don't think I'd dig 32 on 32 matches. I guess with gigantic matches they could work, but I just like less hectic multiplayer in general.

Nah, I wouldn't want huge matches like that. Choppers and air strikes all over the damn place? Not to mention the grenades. No thanks.

Bayonet is rigged. I went 25/9 on FFA Roundhouse (second place) using just Bayonet. LOL. You can bayonet people like two feet away. I had Stopping Power and Second Chance (both of which I didn't use since I was just using Bayonet). Most of the time, you can zigzag and bayonet the person like two feet away -- it's so hilarious and so rigged, I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Bayonet is rigged. I went 25/9 on FFA Roundhouse (second place) using just Bayonet. LOL. You can bayonet people like two feet away. I had Stopping Power and Second Chance (both of which I didn't use since I was just using Bayonet). Most of the time, you can zigzag and bayonet the person like two feet away -- it's so hilarious and so rigged, I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet.[/quote]
Hmm... really? I stopped using the Bayonet after I got slaughtered while running towards a guy with his back turned. After that I changed back to my original scope. Looks like I'll have to start using it again. :twisted:

I stopped playing the beta because a.) I don't want to be tired of the game before it releases, and b.) I'm more than a little burnt out on the shooter genre.

*goes back to playing his copy of Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit he picked up for 15 bones*

[quote name='Chase']I stopped playing the beta because a.) I don't want to be tired of the game before it releases, and b.) I'm more than a little burnt out on the shooter genre.

*goes back to playing his copy of Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit he picked up for 15 bones*[/quote]
I feel the exact same way. And plus no more Gold membership. :cry:

[quote name='ajh2298']A quick question for anybody who pre-ordered via Gamestop. With a pre-order via GS you ar supposed to get a code to unlock a special rifle for mutiplayer and your are supposed to get it via e-mail. My question is has anybody gotten their code yet?[/quote]

From Gamestop.com:

Reserve Call of Duty: World at War and receive DAY-ONE ACCESS to the in-game M1A1 Carbine Assault Rifle. Offer good while supplies last. Online / In-Store Pickup Customers: Code and instructions to unlock the M1A1 Carbine Assault Rifle will be emailed to you. Please provide valid email address at time of purchase.
Store Customers: Code for M1A1 will be emailed to you. Please provide valid email address at time of reservation.

I do like the WW2 setting for this. But I gotta admit, I get so damn pist off when people glitch on that one map that i automatically file a complaint against them. That's all I had to vent about

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I do like the WW2 setting for this. But I gotta admit, I get so damn pist off when people glitch on that one map that i automatically file a complaint against them. That's all I had to vent about[/quote]

I do the same, too bad in hardcore its hard to tell where they kill you from. But sometimes i end up dying because i worry too much about killing my own guys. If i dont see a red name then i dont shoot right away. Because the models look so similar to me. Its hard to tell who is who. It doesnt help when there is a guy behind some steps, or behind something so the game wont show if he is good or bad.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I do the same, too bad in hardcore its hard to tell where they kill you from. But sometimes i end up dying because i worry too much about killing my own guys. If i dont see a red name then i dont shoot right away. Because the models look so similar to me. Its hard to tell who is who. It doesnt help when there is a guy behind some steps, or behind something so the game wont show if he is good or bad.[/quote]

Yeah, I think I've been banned from the games three or four times total due to similar situations (for team killing accidentally 3? times) ... I now have to hold off on shooting sometimes, which in turn, gets me killed. Too bad I just love hardcore so much! :bouncy:

[quote name='The 7th Number']I do the same, too bad in hardcore its hard to tell where they kill you from. But sometimes i end up dying because i worry too much about killing my own guys. If i dont see a red name then i dont shoot right away. Because the models look so similar to me. Its hard to tell who is who. It doesnt help when there is a guy behind some steps, or behind something so the game wont show if he is good or bad.[/quote]

I agree that this is a bug even in COD4 that really needs fixing. At least in COD4 it was much easier to visually differentiate ally from opponent when not behind some semi-transparent cover, say steps like was mentioned. There have been at least twice in WaW hardcore I've accidentally team-killed someone directly in front of me that never had a name pop up and they were not in any kind of cover. There have also been several occasions where I point my sites at a body on the floor and no name shows up so I don't shoot to conserve bullets and turns out they were an enemy in last stand/second chance that I couldn't tell b/c they were far enough away and not moving. Anyway, I still really like the game.

Yeah, I can only play hardcore. Like I said before the gimmick of the regular modes have sworn off greatly since COD4. And I really dont want to deal with that again.

Maybe if there was some better maps like Roundhouse on the beta I would like it more. I just feel so cramped when I play it only takes like 10 seconds to get from one end of the map to the other.

I'll never forget last night. So I mistakedly killed two teammate CAGs during a hardcore match, and as you all know, you get banned on your third kill. Anyways, I was running around the map trying to stay away from my teammates so I don't kill them, and then out of nowhere I see a soldier with no name above him, so I pull out the bazooka, hit the R trigger, and as my rocket is flying toward its victim, my teammate shanlynn's name decides to magically pop up! When I saw this important detail, I let out the loudest, most frightened scream I've ever screamed, the rocket blew shanlynn up, the screen went black, and my gaming experience was over :(

Well I guess it's pretty realistic then, you would be absolutely traumatized if you killed a fellow soldier with a bazooka in real life. :lol:

[quote name='Simon D I']I'll never forget last night. So I mistakedly killed two teammate CAGs during a hardcore match, and as you all know, you get banned on your third kill. Anyways, I was running around the map trying to stay away from my teammates so I don't kill them, and then out of nowhere I see a soldier with no name above him, so I pull out the bazooka, hit the R trigger, and as my rocket is flying toward its victim, my teammate shanlynn's name decides to magically pop up! When I saw this important detail, I let out the loudest, most frightened scream I've ever screamed, the rocket blew shanlynn up, the screen went black, and my gaming experience was over :([/quote]

most touching story ever. i almost cried after reading it. reminds me of my grandpa's war stories. needless to say he got sent home early.
That was a really fun night though, i liked how it would change teams too so we got to play with all the cags.

Haha, I went over to my friend's apartment this afternoon and brought my hard drive so we could play this on his massive TV. Needless to say fun times were had.

I've found my new favorite gun is the MP40. I was cleaning up in both hardcore and regular team deathmatches. I think my two best rounds were 26-3 and 31-7.

Yeah the MP40 is definately the star of the beta. Best overall gun for either regular or hardcore. I do like the range on the semi-auto/bolt action rifles though for hardcore.

I just wonder what the M1A1 is going to be like since the M1 Garand is such a beast (Gamestop preorders get a code to have the weapon for free.)

With your run earlier today, have you overtaken Shan or is she still on top for score?

Just a couple minutes ago, I captured three flags in a row to win the match in a very short game of War.
s159xc.gif

Tried this out last night, and I have to say, I was more impressed with COD4. 5 disappointed me. That gives me an extra beta code though.. No idea what to do with it. Meh. Maybe I'll trade it for a game or something :roll:

[quote name='Khondor']level cap increased to 44[/quote]
I'm not even at the last level cap yet (17 or 18, I forget), but it sounds like they're previewing way too much for a beta. Not sure if that's a good thing, since that allows them to notice any bugs or changes that need to be made, but kinda spoils the game a bit...

[quote name='Simon D I']I'll never forget last night. So I mistakedly killed two teammate CAGs during a hardcore match, and as you all know, you get banned on your third kill. Anyways, I was running around the map trying to stay away from my teammates so I don't kill them, and then out of nowhere I see a soldier with no name above him, so I pull out the bazooka, hit the R trigger, and as my rocket is flying toward its victim, my teammate shanlynn's name decides to magically pop up! When I saw this important detail, I let out the loudest, most frightened scream I've ever screamed, the rocket blew shanlynn up, the screen went black, and my gaming experience was over :([/QUOTE]

Bummer man. Do you get banned from the whole beta at that point? Could you get back in with another code?

[quote name='yukine']There is a scope similar to the red dot sight in COD4, it's call aperture sight if I remember correctly.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what it's called. It's not available on all weapons though, and the ones it is available on you have to get 75 kills first rather than 25 like in COD4. I really wish they would change it back to 25.

[quote name='Khondor']level cap increased to 44[/QUOTE]

I agree that that is a bit too much to reveal. I'm also kind of just saddened since I completed the challenges for most all the guns when stuck at 24, so I wasted a bunch of extra XP sitting on that.

And no Hitman, I havent passed Shan yet, nor will I probably ever in the Beta. I haven't apparently dedicated my life to the game yet like she has. To be honest I probably wouldn't play it near as much as I already have if not for you guys inviting me or like this afternoon when I was showing my friend it, mostly for not wanting to get burnt out on it before the actual game is even out. I kind of did that with the Halo 3 beta back in the day.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, that's what it's called. It's not available on all weapons though, and the ones it is available on you have to get 75 kills first rather than 25 like in COD4. I really wish they would change it back to 25.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those are two of my biggest gripes with the beta. It sucks that it's not for every gun like the red dot was and it sucks that it takes 75 kills to get it.

It was nice to just need 25 kills with any gun to get a decent site so you could really see if you liked the gun in CoD4.

Yeah I think I'm going to slow down with the beta so I don't get burned out either. Level 44 is just too high for just 3 maps, especially in 3 weeks everyone will have to start over. I will play with any and all of you if you want, but I probably won't go out of my way to play, not with Fable, Fallout, NBA, Tales, and Gears 2 coming.

Oh the big reveal on Gametrailers (according to the COD forums) is some type of Nazi zombie killing co-op mission after you beat the game.

A few notes.

+So far, the level design is far superior to COD4. There are many levels and thoughtfully designed paths.

+The stabbing/melee animation is a lot better animated.

+The Bouncing Betty. Setting up those mines under bridges and hidden behind potted plants is thoroughly satisfying. They replace my formerly abused three frag grenades.

+I like the guns. There seems to be more balance. The MP40 replaces the M16 as my gun of choice---and it's a submachine gun not an assault rifle. Madness.

-The underground glitch is still there.

-Where is the katana, dagnabbit??

-Where is the bayonet, dagnabbit??

-Who ever did the Japanese voice work needs to buy a gun and have the courage to do what's right.

played a couple rounds earlier today. was kind of disgusted to play and there was someone underground shooting people. i saw on the mic, "there goes someone shooting thru stuff" or something and the person says "yea thats me" and everyone was cool about it. i was like wtf and they had the most kills. was kind of tight about that.

That gametrailers thing actually makes this look really good.

I hated Call of Duty 4, loved Call of Duty 2 and Big Red One. If they've managed to get away from the enemy clone rooms and the bullshit "cross this point and dudes stop coming" stuff in single player, I might get this.

Aw.. I didn't do that well on this video that I recorded. Anyhow, I'm using Bayonet only (even though it's attached to my shotgun). I pick up some speed in the middle of the video but I soon die down. 26 Kills, 17 Deaths, second place. The only real highlights was the jumping Bayonet, Bayonet at the same time someone Tabun'ed me (view the killcam for that, lol!), and my dash to kill the guy in sniper tower. Other than that, I had like two 5-kill streak runs and that was about it.

(click URL and go to High Quality video, it's mucho better)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoAlsqanhAg

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Aw.. I didn't do that well on this video that I recorded. Anyhow, I'm using Bayonet only (even though it's attached to my shotgun). I pick up some speed in the middle of the video but I soon die down. 26 Kills, 17 Deaths, second place. The only real highlights was the jumping Bayonet, Bayonet at the same time someone Tabun'ed me (view the killcam for that, lol!), and my dash to kill the guy in sniper tower. Other than that, I had like two 5-kill streak runs and that was about it.

(click URL and go to High Quality video, it's mucho better)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoAlsqanhAg[/quote]

See this is what I hate about COD4 and this one. Its nothing to do with your video but you see how much you have to run around? I dont like the fact that in COD4 and from all accounts COD5 you have to spend 90% of your time running from room to room constantly.

I dont know what it is about that, that irks me so much. It to me just takes so much away from the "I am in a war" feeling when your team seems like they are training for a marathon.

Maybe its just me.

Did anyone catch GameTrailers TV last night? They announced a big new multiplayer mode. Zombie nazis... kinda like the zombie mod of CS, where you have to survive from a zombie attack. You're in a storied building, and you get pts for killing zombies. It's 4 player co-op unlocked after you finish campaign mode. You can use those pts to go to the next floor or buy baracades and weapons. Sounds pretty fun to me. =D

I want this but can you take it off the public file so no one takes it from him.

Thanks, if not...meh its is fault anyway for being late.

[quote name='shinryuu']Did anyone catch GameTrailers TV last night? They announced a big new multiplayer mode. Zombie nazis... kinda like the zombie mod of CS, where you have to survive from a zombie attack. You're in a storied building, and you get pts for killing zombies. It's 4 player co-op unlocked after you finish campaign mode. You can use those pts to go to the next floor or buy baracades and weapons. Sounds pretty fun to me. =D[/quote]

Does sound cool.

[quote name='shinryuu']Did anyone catch GameTrailers TV last night? They announced a big new multiplayer mode. Zombie nazis... kinda like the zombie mod of CS, where you have to survive from a zombie attack. You're in a storied building, and you get pts for killing zombies. It's 4 player co-op unlocked after you finish campaign mode. You can use those pts to go to the next floor or buy baracades and weapons. Sounds pretty fun to me. =D[/quote]
Zombie Nazi's has me rethinking waiting for this game to hit $40...from what i saw, this would be perfect for Left 4 Dead.

[quote name='SynGamer']Zombie Nazi's has me rethinking waiting for this game to hit $40...from what i saw, this would be perfect for Left 4 Dead.[/quote]
Yeah, I was iffy at first whether or not I should buy it at full retail price, but after watching last night's special, could change my mind. I need to stop playing beta though, I'm getting too spoiled from it.

bread's done
Back