Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

[quote name='Chase']The squad and enemy AI in single-player is bad. I am unsure if I will even complete it. Is Nazi Zombie mode worth the waste of time? :whistle2:k[/quote]

Depends on if you played L4D.

Honestly I played about an hour of nazi zombie mode and I wasnt impressed at all. For one its INSANELY SLOW.

You basically are just in 1 big room with 8 windows. As a team you simply run from window to window shooting zombies. It takes a good 6 or 7 levels before there is enough zombies to make it exciting and even when it gets to that point the basic premise is a tad bland.

After L4D all other zombie games fail in comparison.

Man, I am just so glad I am done with it.

[quote name='Romis']Anyone whether the M1A1 Code for the PS3 is shareable, considering most DLC is ? for some stupid reason I never got my email from gamestop just curious to see if others knew[/quote]

Sorry but you might want to ask on the thread in the PS3 forum. No one here has the PS3 version.

The CallofDuty.com statistics is a neat extra feature. I like how it provides an analysis per game. I hope Infinity Ward notices and includes this into their next Call of Duty title.

Ok, is anyone else getting the impression that the servers are complete ass? I have had more drop outs and host ends along with "game was ended due to poor connection" then I ever had with COD4.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Ok, is anyone else getting the impression that the servers are complete ass? I have had more drop outs and host ends along with "game was ended due to poor connection" then I ever had with COD4.[/QUOTE]

I've never had that problem.

[quote name='zewone']I've never had that problem.[/quote]

Actually I think it was a spike. About 10 people in the very next game I played were also complaining about not being able to get in.

Seems to have passed though.

So, I have a copy of this sealed and I'm debating just returning it and waiting for the first sale to come around..

Now that people are playing it, what's the verdict? Multiplayer isn't a big deal because I just started playing CoD4 multiplayer a few weeks ago so I could live without it, but I do enjoy the CoD campaigns. CoD4 had some truly stupid design decisions like the insta-grenade spams and the enemy spawning rooms, are those reduced at all?

well shit, guess I'm returning it.

I hate that shit. Why do they insist on keeping it in these games?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Ok, is anyone else getting the impression that the servers are complete ass? I have had more drop outs and host ends along with "game was ended due to poor connection" then I ever had with COD4.[/quote]

Ahaha, I like how one online game forms your opinion on the game as a whole.

[quote name='Trakan']Ahaha, I like how one online game forms your opinion on the game as a whole.[/quote]

What? What the hell are you even talking about?

God damn you people need to seriously stop assuming things. People dont type their entire lives with each post.

In my experience I have had a noticeably amount of dropped games and I see way more lag here than I did in COD4. That lag spike was just the icing on the cake and prompted a response.

Sorry guess I should have typed a 10 page back story before posting that.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']So how are the multiplayer maps on this besides the obvious Roundhouse, Castle, and whatever.[/quote]

Pretty good in by book. Roundhouse, Castle and Makin (the three in the beta) are actually pretty damn small compared to some of the other maps.

I have heard a lot of people complain about how they hate the big maps because it leads to camping but I was never a person who complained about camping.

16 maps total, all have good vantage points and choke points. I dont see a problem with them.

This game is good not great and def. not worth the money i paid for the collector's edition. Nazi zombies is prolly my fav. feature just becuase it's fun playing with 4 people. The maps are bigger in this game compared to cod 4 well at least i think. But if your a huge COD 4 addict your best bet is stick with cod 4 cause you will be disappointed.

Coming off COD4 there's an adjustment time you need going over to another game but Treyarch did the series right with this game IMO. The campaign is a load of fun with pretty well balanced and well designed levels that look great. Multiplayer feels similar to COD4 but the maps are a good mix.

Very happy with how this turned out, especially after COD3, which wasn't awful but failed to live up to Infinity Ward's outings. This isn't quite on the level of COD4 but most fans are going to enjoy playing it.

This game has the worst AI I've seen in along time. My team is just so stupid, they don't help at all.. they just stand there and do nothing.

Not only that, but even if I'm 500 feet away from an enemy, a grenade seemingly pops out of my ass, and blows up on me. I'm not sure if I just leak grenades or not, but this has happened so many times it's not even funny... even when the enemy AI is dead, and no more have been triggered, I've had it happen.

Now, I do enjoy the game so-far, but this AI is going to piss me off tremendously - especially on Veteran (which I'm doing right now - I just had to-do one part of the second mission over 50 times, before I finally got it, thanks to my team AI doing nothing.. I had to take an alternate route underground too, and had to take out 3 enemies at once, then corner shot another, take down two more, run up the ramp, smoke to the right, take out all enemies around, and crawl to the finish - and hope I make it [ and then see my team start running up there with me.. after just standing still the entire time, not even killing a snigle enemy).

This will be fun, and would actually be really fun if the AI wasn't so cheap, and grenades didn't spawn out of my ass.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Coming off COD4 there's an adjustment time you need going over to another game but Treyarch did the series right with this game IMO. The campaign is a load of fun with pretty well balanced and well designed levels that look great. Multiplayer feels similar to COD4 but the maps are a good mix.

Very happy with how this turned out, especially after COD3, which wasn't awful but failed to live up to Infinity Ward's outings. This isn't quite on the level of COD4 but most fans are going to enjoy playing it.[/quote]

Well they couldnt really fail since they basically put a cod 4 mod out

wow the campaign is so bad in WaW. My A.I teammates don't do anything, and a random grenade pops up like every five seconds. Thank god I rented it, i'm so disappointed. Stop with WW2 already.

[quote name='Trakan']Free M1A1 code:

XHRVY-W7CV2-8X7JM-69GQJ-YCM2Q[/quote]

says its not valid, so someone else must have taken it. thanks for posting!

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']This game has the worst AI I've seen in along time. My team is just so stupid, they don't help at all.. they just stand there and do nothing.

Not only that, but even if I'm 500 feet away from an enemy, a grenade seemingly pops out of my ass, and blows up on me. I'm not sure if I just leak grenades or not, but this has happened so many times it's not even funny... even when the enemy AI is dead, and no more have been triggered, I've had it happen.

Now, I do enjoy the game so-far, but this AI is going to piss me off tremendously - especially on Veteran (which I'm doing right now - I just had to-do one part of the second mission over 50 times, before I finally got it, thanks to my team AI doing nothing.. I had to take an alternate route underground too, and had to take out 3 enemies at once, then corner shot another, take down two more, run up the ramp, smoke to the right, take out all enemies around, and crawl to the finish - and hope I make it [ and then see my team start running up there with me.. after just standing still the entire time, not even killing a snigle enemy).

This will be fun, and would actually be really fun if the AI wasn't so cheap, and grenades didn't spawn out of my ass.[/quote]

I agree.

One of the big problems with the Campaign mode is that there is no more epic feeling. The wool can only be pulled over your eyes so many times.

Yeah there might be an entire squadron of guys and tanks rolling into battle guns blazing. But you know, and I know.....their not hitting anything. Tanks rolling in blasting every 2 seconds yet no actually destruction is happening. There is no battle here just a bounce of pre programmed routines, so much that if you kill a guy another will spawn instantly and run to the exact same spot and start preforming the exact same animations.

I loved COD4 SP but it was mostly due to how well the story was told. The "fight your way through infinite re spawns to a checkpoint" is really starting to get tired and old. That might have worked in COD2 but 3 games later and your AI team mate are still nothing more than filler bots.

If you think the SP was epic thats your opinion, I just dont see how you could when you are basically just playing one giant game of whack a mole.

I finished the single player last night and I thought the game was "ok". It did not blow me away, but I had fun with it. I didn't realyl care about the "story" as I skipped through most of the cutscenes.

The Zombie mode is pretty fun...a nice "mini-game" I suppose. I only played one round, but I can see this being fun with a friend.

[quote name='seanr1221']So what's the M4 or M16 of this game?

The MP40?[/quote]

There really isn't one, but the MP40 is broken as fuck. I'd say use it for short-medium range.

I finally got the stat linking thing to work. It's funny... My K/D ratio is over 1.0, unlike COD4. Though to be fair, I sucked balls at COD4 for months so even when I got to be decent, my ratio never recovered. But in 4, my accuracy was pushing 30%. In this game, it's 19%. Strange but true.

[quote name='Matt Young']I finally got the stat linking thing to work. It's funny... My K/D ratio is over 1.0, unlike COD4. Though to be fair, I sucked balls at COD4 for months so even when I got to be decent, my ratio never recovered. But in 4, my accuracy was pushing 30%. In this game, it's 19%. Strange but true.[/quote]

Is there anyway to link your stats, or display them in forum sigs? I havent been able to connect mine yet.

[quote name='seanr1221']So what's the M4 or M16 of this game?

The MP40?[/quote]

Unlike Call of Duty 4, where there were only a few guns worth using, there is a balance between the selection of guns in World at War. I think any gun class, outside of shotguns, could be an M16. I adapted to using the Mosin-Nagant (bolt action rifle) and side arm (Tokarev TT-33) for Core Team Deathmatch, and STG-44 (rifle) for Hardcore Team Deathmatch. Though that's because I'm just using newer guns. Prior to those guns, the M1 Garand and Gewehr 43 were my M16s of this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the campaign becoming a bit trite now with the infinite respawns. When I was playing the storm the castle Marine level I tried like seven times to play it like one would think would be natural... taking cover and slowly moving up killing the enemies but would constantly get hit with a grenade or something cheap around 3/4 the way up the hill. Finally I just said screw it and sprinted up the hill killing only the people on the stairs in my way and hit the checkpoint. Things like that really piss me off where it really ruins the believability of the game when I'd sooner run in and knife a bunch of people than play like it was a real war.

As far as the one best gun in multiplayer, there really isn't any. I think one of the most commonly used ones is the MP40. I was using the Gewehr alot last night and doing quite well, and someone else on my team was complaining how much that gun sucks. I know I'm looking forward to the STG-44 after playing with it in the campaign. I'm only like three or four levels away, but I could see that becoming a big part of my gameplan.

Oh, and after reading Chase's post that brings another point: pistols are actually good in this game. I got a four kill streak last night using only the pistol when a bunch of people were spawning near me on Cliffside and I was running a scoped springfield. You can use a bolt action for mid-long range and switch to the pistol for close range and be perfectly fine.

P7899 P42CT TMTKF JYBGM QDQD8

M1A1 gun code

I'm addictted to this game lol I remember how CoD4 hooked me so hard when it came out. I'm level 33 with a K/D ratio of 1.25 which is pretty good considering I had stopped playing 4 online like late last year and barely played the beta for fear of getting burned out to soon. I didn't play any yesterday and I was laying in bed thinking hmmm I should go play a round lol. CoD is a hell of a drug.

Thinking about trying SP this weekend. I've only played the MP so far... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I jus passed the game recently, so I started a new game on Vet. I keep seeing like lines n stuff. I dont know if its cause I adjusted the brightnees or sumthin? Am I the only 1? Am I gonna have 2 xchange it 4 another copy?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry but you might want to ask on the thread in the PS3 forum. No one here has the PS3 version.[/quote]

thanks, d'oh.. guess that what happens when I post a question without realizing what forum the thread's actually in.. sorry guys..

Can Zombie Mode be acquired through any (offline or online) co-op, or can it only be acquired through the Solo campaign?

This game is ridiculously stupid hard on veteran. Its not even challenging, its just cheap grenades and instant death from nowhere.

[quote name='Chase']Can Zombie Mode be acquired through any (offline or online) co-op, or can it only be acquired through the Solo campaign?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that it's solo only Chase! :)

Have been trying to work my way through the solo campaign myself lately, but I keep getting sucked back into multiplayer! ;)

It's sad that there are so many achievements for Veteran difficulty only .... :( ....

Sweet, only like 10 more cheesemints until I 1000/1000. Might try to go for that on monday.

Awwwww.....son of a fucking bitch. One of the secret cheesemints is getting to 10th level prestige. Lame as hell. I hate cheesemints like this.

I got the game tonight after trading in some stuff at Gamestop. I didn't get a chance to play SP, considering I went to a friend's house and ended up bringing it with me. We played offline versus multiplayer. Is Roundhouse officially off the map roster now? It's nowhere on offline maps. I'm kind of disappointed that none of the offline maps have vehicles. But, it's still fun 2v2.

[quote name='glare']Is anybody having there Xbox lock up while playing in single player campaign mode?[/quote]

Hasn't locked up in that I have to reset, but I did notice with the flamethrower it'll pause a few seconds like I was playing online and it lagged.

[quote name='mike.m']Hasn't locked up in that I have to reset, but I did notice with the flamethrower it'll pause a few seconds like I was playing online and it lagged.[/quote]

For some reason on certain missions during the campaign mode; after I get a checkpoint the game will lock up where I have to reset. After I reset it will either lock up again at a checkpoint or I will get to finish the mission. All my other games are working perfectly fine. I searched and found a couple other people had this problem, and replacing the disc wasn't a solution :cry:.

Just played about an hour of zombie a lil bit ago for the first time and it was awesome. Even some stoned freak couldn't ruin the experience even though he was annoying as hell. Now I reallllllllllllly need to check out the single player finally and unlock it. I just happened to get invited this time by some random guy after a normal multiplayer match.

Is it just me or does this happen to others in ,ultiplayer too? When tanks fire at you while inside the house, i almost never get hit while right up against the wall they shoot at, but if i back away inside the house, bam im dead.

bread's done
Back