Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

The Prestige ones are just for the people who dedicate to the multiplayer. I do not plan on playing this game up to 1 prestige. I sent it back to GameFly.

Yeah, I have 1000/1000 (I never looked at the actually score just that I still had 2 locked) and I might get the first level one but wont even think about the 10th level.

Prestige is lame as hell.

Prestige isnt lame as hell, going for achievements is lame as hell. Who cares what your gamer score is? I think the higher your gamer score, the lower your chances are of getting laid. It's all about skill in MP.

[quote name='crave132']Prestige isnt lame as hell, going for achievements is lame as hell. Who cares what your gamer score is? I think the higher your gamer score, the lower your chances are of getting laid. It's all about skill in MP.[/QUOTE]

wat

[quote name='crave132']Prestige isnt lame as hell, going for achievements is lame as hell. Who cares what your gamer score is? I think the higher your gamer score, the lower your chances are of getting laid. It's all about skill in MP.[/quote]

I find it hilarious how the only people who remark about something "lowering your chances of getting laid" are the sole people who have never or rarely ever gotten any.

This isnt gamefaqs dumbass the average age here isnt 12-16. Most of us have wives, kids or at the very least a steady girl for the better part of 3 or 4 years.

You can call it skill if you want. Personally, I call it being a virgin with to much time on your hands. (J/K... That's my buddy's comeback when people stomp him in a match and they are talking trash... it always works.)

If you want to play multiplayer until your hands bleed, more power to you. However, Please explain to me what the difference is between achievements and leveling up in prestige? Isn't it having a certain goal and reaching that goal to receive points? For example...

Achievement
Shot in the Dark = 10 gamer points - Kill 10 enemies while the lights are out in the subway in 'Eviction'.

Multiplayer "Prestige" points (or whatever the hell you want to call them)
Get 25 head shots with (insert weapon here) get 500 xp points.

Hmm... big difference there.... You fail.

Gamerscore=lamerscore, IMO. It is nice to get a few achievements by playing the game and not reading them online and then going through the game with your printed off achievement list. Probably gonna catch hell on here for saying that! BUT oh well, just my opinion...

On a different note. I have concluded that the STG 44 is a horrific gun and have no idea what it takes till level 37(??) to unlock.

Base damage of 30? That makes it the 2nd weakest gun in the game, you put a suppressor on that boy and you are basically shooting skittles at people. You might as well not even shoot if they are more than 8ft away as the damage over distance takes that 30 and turns it into a 20.

I will be sticking to my type 100 thank you.

Hear me out, I am not a fan of going up through the ranks to prestige, I see no point in it. BUT I guess I just like multiplayer too much to want to go through the singleplayer game and try for achievements. AHHH look what I started...

In an unrelated note, this zombie attack mode is GREAT! I've only played it about 8 or 9 times, but I think they could make a game out of this alone! They could add different buildings, etc...

Anybody have any good tips to staying alive? We made it to level 17 one time, but mostly we mess around to much and get killed on level 12-13.

I love it when one of my cousins goes down in another room and we yell, LEAVE HIM! It's not worth it!!

Haha. Great fun.

[quote name='crave132']Gamerscore=lamerscore, IMO. It is nice to get a few achievements by playing the game and not reading them online and then going through the game with your printed off achievement list. Probably gonna catch hell on here for saying that! BUT oh well, just my opinion...[/QUOTE]

Your voice is about as useful as your posts are. Be quiet, and let me talk, son.

[quote name='crave132']Hear me out, I am not a fan of going up through the ranks to prestige, I see no point in it. BUT I guess I just like multiplayer too much to want to go through the singleplayer game and try for achievements. AHHH look what I started...[/quote]

You havent started anything. You have already made your opinions worthless to listen to.

[quote name='Soodmeg']On a different note. I have concluded that the STG 44 is a horrific gun and have no idea what it takes till level 37(??) to unlock.

Base damage of 30? That makes it the 2nd weakest gun in the game, you put a suppressor on that boy and you are basically shooting skittles at people. You might as well not even shoot if they are more than 8ft away as the damage over distance takes that 30 and turns it into a 20.

I will be sticking to my type 100 thank you.[/QUOTE]

I think it's actually pretty amazing... at least on hardcore, which is all I play. It's fairly accurate, 1-2 shot kills and unlike the other rifles it's automatic.

[quote name='hx214']In an unrelated note, this zombie attack mode is GREAT! I've only played it about 8 or 9 times, but I think they could make a game out of this alone! They could add different buildings, etc...

Anybody have any good tips to staying alive? We made it to level 17 one time, but mostly we mess around to much and get killed on level 12-13.

I love it when one of my cousins goes down in another room and we yell, LEAVE HIM! It's not worth it!!

Haha. Great fun.[/quote]

You know I didnt really get into the zombie mode. After playing L4D I just couldnt get into just being in one room racing from window to window.

Maybe thats just me.....I should try playing it with some CAG members instead of strangers and see how well that goes.

[quote name='xcoax']I think it's actually pretty amazing... at least on hardcore, which is all I play. It's fairly accurate, 1-2 shot kills and unlike the other rifles it's automatic.[/quote]

Thats hardcore though. The a whole different ball game. Hardcore is more about comfort than stats of a weapon since everything is a 1 hit kill.

The type 100 dwarfs it with almost stat. I just dont get why its unlocked at 36 when its that weak...should be a starter gun.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Thats hardcore though. The a whole different ball game. Hardcore is more about comfort than stats of a weapon since everything is a 1 hit kill.

The type 100 dwarfs it with almost stat. I just dont get why its unlocked at 36 when its that weak...should be a starter gun.[/quote]

That was a lot like the one single shot rifle from COD4. It wasn't worth it's weight in beans on normal modes, but it tore face in Hardcore.

The only mode I can play 3/4 of the time is Hardcore. The normal mode just makes my blood boil at times. One match I will own everybody, then the next match I can't put anybody down with anything I try. Then i see people randomly chucking grenades in the air and killing me, or jumping up and down in place like an idiot shooting me over walls... I keep waiting for the Looney Toons music to start playing...

Anyone give me some tips on Their Land, Their Blood level. I can not get through the trenches on Veteran to the next check point at all. Too many guys randomly spawning and too many random grenades....so frustrating...

[quote name='hx214']That was a lot like the one single shot rifle from COD4. It wasn't worth it's weight in beans on normal modes, but it tore face in Hardcore.

The only mode I can play 3/4 of the time is Hardcore. The normal mode just makes my blood boil at times. One match I will own everybody, then the next match I can't put anybody down with anything I try. Then i see people randomly chucking grenades in the air and killing me, or jumping up and down in place like an idiot shooting me over walls... I keep waiting for the Looney Toons music to start playing...[/quote]

Agreed. I play hardcore almost full time expect when playing with friends who hate it. I like the pace far better than the super run and gun of core modes.

Seems to me people actually think a little more as well as actually use cover spacing, instead of bunching up in the corners. And I like the fact that I am not constantly hearing bullets and explosions because it really gets the heart racing when you do start taking fire.

Plus Juggs, and SP are worthless in HC which is always a plus. It means the person with better aim actually wins most of the battles.

I have recently fallen in love with HQ though. For some reason its so damn fast paced that I cant get enough of it.

I wish there were more hardcore play types though.

What happened to a few posts that were on here but suddenly disappeared? and Soodmeg is silenced. Something smells fishy...

[quote name='crave132']What happened to a few posts that were on here but suddenly disappeared? and Soodmeg is silenced. Something smells fishy...[/quote]Nothing fishy. He went more than a little overboard in his posts, and he's taking a day off from continuing that trend.

Fish-free situation. Please continue.

While we are wishing for gametypes I wish there were a tank free team deathmatch, or a small-mid sized map TDM. I can't tell you how many times I've spawned directly in the line of fire of a tank and been insta-mutilated. There was one awesome match were I started 0-10 and after my first death I couldn't move more than ten feet without getting blown up by a tank.

[quote name='xcoax']While we are wishing for gametypes I wish there were a tank free team deathmatch, or a small-mid sized map TDM. I can't tell you how many times I've spawned directly in the line of fire of a tank and been insta-mutilated. There was one awesome match were I started 0-10 and after my first death I couldn't move more than ten feet without getting blown up by a tank.[/quote]

Its not just tanks, sometimes i constantly get spawned right in front of enemies and they kill me 1 second later. Ive even had enemies spawn behind me, where i thought i was safe, and they end up killing me. Its all about spawning.

Oh yeah, I've just accepted the fact that I'm going to get crappy spawns until they patch it. At least you have a fighting chance against a person, but a tank? No fair.

Whats a good kill death ratio? I used to be around 0.90 to 1. But ive been doing really good lately with a 2.0 ratio in the last 15 games. (132k - 66d) Right now ive upped it to 1.10 to 1.

Currently
1,436 Kills
1,310 Deaths

Some people only care about how many kills they get, at least in team deathmatch. But i always go for a good kill/death ratio. People that get 20 kills 18 deaths dont really impress me, even if they were the top kill player.

I have spawned in what seemed like the middle of the other team. Luckily for me, I had a suppressor and they were all looking the other way. Needless to say, the dogs came a running! Spawning is def. an issue with this game. Has anyone noticed the "Squad" features? I read online that you can choose where you want to spawn. Any truth behind this?

I have 1.46 k/d ratio and I play a lot of Headquarters and War. When I am playing team deathmatch, I agree, I would rather go 12-2 than 22-19.But, when you are playing an objective based game, you have to run around a lot and most likely die a lot.

I just think its funny how this guy i know says i suck, when we have the same kill death ratio. Just because i usually am around 8-15 kills a game while he tops the charts with 20+ kills but almost the same amount of deaths too. This in hardcore team deathmatch.

When it comes to death match, i would rather have guys on my team going 7-1. You can't lose a match if everyone has 7 times as many kills as deaths, its just not possible. However, I am usually running around like a chicken with my head cut off. On COD 4, Vacant and wet work, I would constantly go 25-5 ish and juts run around the whole time. It seems like in world at war, you have to do more spotting up and be more patient.

Games amazing :p. Just got it. oh guys FYI Ebgames.com is having a sale today $5 off for today only. If you havent got it yet this would be the time to get it, eventhough I hate Ebgames for destroying all independent game stores.

Nice, good shit. Glad to hear someone that likes it! I have read toooooo many negative things about this game, and am sick of it. It is a solid game. If you liked cod4, how can you not like the new one? it might have some bugs, but is a cool, fun game.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the game so far! I love the multiplayer and the new zombie mode is actually pretty fun! (although I am hoping they'll come out with more maps for this eventually ...). I do find the whole spawning thing to be a problem sometimes, but the spawning has improved so much since the beta that I can't bring myself to complain too much about it anymore ... ;) !

I think it's odd how the new (great) Party system will allow eight players yet World at War has a six person limit.

And by "odd" I mean "infuriating". :bomb:

My killrate is at a 2.85 right now (599Kills/210 Deaths). Used to be at like a 3.09, but I screwed up my last few matches which brought me down. Then again, my accuracy is horrible with 17% on MP40 which is what I use most of the time. If you want kills, the best I believe is FFA. FFA is good for kills because 75% of the time, there will be someone around the corner. I don't think Kill Rates really matter depending on the game mode you play. For example, if it was Domination, I'd rather have someone who captured flagpoints than someone who just went around killing.

Being a top killer doesn't mean much. I've seen my share, where one team had a very good player that had like 35-5, while the rest of the players on his team were in the negatives (16-15, 10-17, 5-19). And the other team, most of them were hitting neutral (16-15, 15-15, 14-15), were winning. It just goes to show that teamwork means everything and you can't always go for kills all the time (in objective-based games like Headquarters).

for the first few days I was doing pretty good in multiplayer (k/d over 1.00 up until lvl 17ish)....now i cant do shit, my k/d is down to 0.80 (and steadily dropping). hopefully I figure out what im doing wrong tonight, i dont have much else to play

[quote name='Chase']I think it's odd how the new (great) Party system will allow eight players yet World at War has a six person limit.

And by "odd" I mean "infuriating". :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The weirdest thing happened the other night... MVP was host and we had a party of 8 and were all able to join and play a game of hardcore war, (which blew ass BTW) so maybe parties aren't limited to six after all...

Damn, yesterday i was rocking this game online. Today it couldnt be worse. I shoot guys right on them literally right in front of me and they dont get hit, i spawn in front of tanks, bullets go through dogs without getting hit. I even had one round where i couldnt hardly move or id be shot. :bomb:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoax
The weirdest thing happened the other night... MVP was host and we had a party of 8 and were all able to join and play a game of hardcore war, (which blew ass BTW) so maybe parties aren't limited to six after all...
That's awesome!! :D Maybe it has to do with the host? And they really do need parties of 8 or 9 on that game ... some of those maps are so huge, you spend half the time just looking for a player (and then you find them all as they spawn right behind you). :bomb:

[quote name='jetlitheone']Its this or Gears 2 for me. Which one is better? I have COD 5 for pc though and idk if i want it on 360 also just because of Xbox live.[/quote]

They're both great!! Find a way to get both ;) ! But if you already have 5 (even if it is just the PC), I'd pick up Gears!! :D Great single player/coop and amazing multiplayer (with all the old maps as a free download ... but revamped!). :bouncy:

[quote name='jetlitheone']Its this or Gears 2 for me. Which one is better? I have COD 5 for pc though and idk if i want it on 360 also just because of Xbox live.[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you like. Personally I'd take a COD game over GEARS any day, but some feel otherwise. Get both as the other poster said ;)

bread's done
Back