Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

I can't belive you that the stg44 is the same as mp44. The range and kickback seem really different. I, like chase, really like the stg and I've never liked the mp44.

[quote name='xcoax']You know what's funny Chase? The STG44 is another name for the MP44. It's basically the same gun. That really says something for the weapons in the game when your favorite weapon in WaW was one of your least favorite weapons in COD4.

Overall, I'd say that all the guns in WaW are nowhere near as accurate as anything in COD4, but that's to be expected with the time period.[/quote]

That is implausible! Han Solo is perplexed. All I know is coming to an end! Damn that Silver Surfer! :bomb:

[quote name='Ow3n']I'm with chase on this one. I like the guns and most of the maps, and anyone who plays with me know i'm glad tanks are back. But I liked the modern look. It might be that i'm just used to cod4 because after 4 came out I missed ww2 from cod3.[/quote]

Stop being so good. Or, just be good when you're on my team. ;) Hehehe...

[quote name='The 7th Number']What does it mean when your name bar is blue?

And after one of my matches i had a shield with 2 guns crossed on it. Whats that mean? (not the purple heart)[/quote]

-Blue bar means you are in a party (COD party not to be confused with NXE party) with other blue ballers barr'rs
-The shield with 2 guns crossed on it after the match is the purple heart for being the last or one of the last deaths. Like the dog tags in COD4.

[quote name='Ow3n']...anyone who plays with me know i'm glad tanks are back.[/quote]

I too am a HUGE fan of the tanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='woodcan']-Blue bar means you are in a party (COD party not to be confused with NXE party) with other blue ballers barr'rs
-The shield with 2 guns crossed on it after the match is the purple heart for being the last or one of the last deaths. Like the dog tags in COD4.[/quote]

Nah i know what a purple heart looks like, the shield is on the left of the purple heart spot. I was the only one with that, and the blue bar. Plus i had invited only on for joining my game.

LOL! Yeah, if the G36C was in this game, my MP40 would have been dropped from several classes ... ;) ! I never used the MP44 in COD4, but have been using the STG since I unlocked it! It's weird that they're the same gun!!

Although I would take the ray gun found in zombie mode, any time, for multiplayer! :D

The shield with crossed guns is in fact the symbol representing your party...

While on the topic of guns, I like the STG44, but my top two favorites so far are definitely the MG42 and the Gewher (for hardcore at least). I am so dead on accurate with the Gewher.

I absolutely hate the second sniper rifle (Ariska). I can't even tell you how many times today I had the thing lined up on someone's head from a few feet away and I didn't even hit them. Either the irons on it are worthless or the gun itself is just that bad. Hopefully once I get the scope it is a little more accurate and deadly.

Personally, I'm getting sick of having to keep beating this game on veteran to get these freakin' achievements (except for Call of Duty 3 IIRC). I mean I just want to play the game on my level and beat it properly and get my deserved achievements instead of cursing at a level for hours at a time and getting agitated and frustrated. This doesn't make the game fun to me. Shit like this turns me off to these games. I can't even get into the multiplayer (except for those achievements) because to me if I can't finish the single player I don't want to focus time into the multiplayer too much. It's too bad because it seems like there's potential but I don't know if I'm gonna be getting that zombie mode since I have to beat it (on veteran for all those freakin achievements) to unlock it.

I love that you can look at the map now and see peoples names so you can actually say "xoodd ... don't go any further forward ... I put an airstrike there" or some such thing! :D I'm a big fan of that!! (and didn't even discover it until just recently when someone mentioned it during game!).

I still have not tried one sniper type gun on this game ... it's been all machine guns and assault rifles for me so far ... ;)

On the topic of squads, has anyone actually used that star you can set as "squad leader" to rally the troops (or set destination or whatever)? Seems kind of crazy to do in any multiplayer situation and I can't see it working/being worthwhile?!

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Personally, I'm getting sick of having to keep beating this game on veteran to get these freakin' achievements (except for Call of Duty 3 IIRC). I mean I just want to play the game on my level and beat it properly and get my deserved achievements instead of cursing at a level for hours at a time and getting agitated and frustrated. This doesn't make the game fun to me. Shit like this turns me off to these games. I can't even get into the multiplayer (except for those achievements) because to me if I can't finish the single player I don't want to focus time into the multiplayer too much. It's too bad because it seems like there's potential but I don't know if I'm gonna be getting that zombie mode since I have to beat it (on veteran for all those freakin achievements) to unlock it.[/quote]

The whole point of achievements is to show people what you have accomplished. They aren't meant to be an easy 1000/1000. Hard achievements will be hard, which is what makes them worth getting. How boring would it be to get all the achievements for completing the campaign on recruit? If you get frustrated, don't play it.

You recieve achievements if you jump in a volcano ... remember Chase? ;)

Has anyone played this on S&D lately? I was really getting into Hardcore S&D, but have not played it since the NXE was released. I am concerned that with the party chat feature, it's not going to be as great. :( Anyone come across any trouble with this yet?

[quote name='Shan82']On the topic of squads, has anyone actually used that star you can set as "squad leader" to rally the troops (or set destination or whatever)? Seems kind of crazy to do in any multiplayer situation and I can't see it working/being worthwhile?![/quote]

what about search and destroy? and what if people dont have mics? or are deaf? do you hate deaf people shan??? huh?

[quote name='Chase']The STG failed me tonight. :whistle2:( I should have used Kryptonite bullets. Ender, you're vulnerable to Kryptonite, right? ;)[/quote]

my stg loves me more than yours loves you. i dont know how i got you on some of those, but yes, they have to use kryptonite needles to draw blood from me so i imagine bullets would work. but dont lose faith in the stg.
it was bitter sweet playing tonight, it was fun to have cag vs cag but i get so mad at kondor and hampster. why must we fight amongst ourselves? besides when were on the same team theres nothing like demolishing some random team.

[quote name='Ow3n']what about search and destroy? and what if people dont have mics? or are deaf? do you hate deaf people shan??? huh?[/quote]

LOL! Well, you know me Ender ;) ... always squashin' on the little people! ;)

I suppose if you were deaf and blind and therefore could not see where the enemies are ... then yeah, a star would come in handy ... or, well ... ummmm .... hmmm ... nope!

And if you, hamster, and Khondor ever end up on the same team in a CAG v CAG match, there will be a mad dash for the exit (and no hope of survival ... )! ;)

I wanna play with some CAGers some night. My live name is crave132. I am pretty good, but always get stuck with sucky ass teams. Maybe these CAG boys (and girl) could learn a thing or two from me, as well as help me demolish some other teams!

[quote name='crave132']Maybe some people on here can help me with this. How do you people make the transition from college to working 5 days a week. When I was at school, I would wake up whenever I wanted, go to class (sometimes) or just play Call of Duty or some guitar hero. Eat when I feel like it, drink when I want, smoke all the time! Especially before gaming. Now, I wake up at 630am drive to work, get home at about 630pm and hardly have any time for anything. I want more COD time, but juggling a girlfriend, work, and video games just isnt working out for me...[/quote]

I guess you just get used to it. When I was in college, I was working at Gamestop and had all of the time in the world to play. After getting a full-time job and not working at Gamestop anymore, my gaming interest dropped sharply. I still played, but not as much as I did. Then later, I got married and then my gaming declined even more. But it just didn't seem to matter that much.

Just this past spring, I bought a 360 and started gaming more. I still don't play a lot as you can tell by my gamerscore in my signature, but I just play when I can find the time and there aren't more important things to do. Or like tonight, my wife is having a girls night out, so it's my gaming night.

[quote name='electronicthroat']I guess you just get used to it. When I was in college, I was working at Gamestop and had all of the time in the world to play. After getting a full-time job and not working at Gamestop anymore, my gaming interest dropped sharply. I still played, but not as much as I did. Then later, I got married and then my gaming declined even more. But it just didn't seem to matter that much.

Just this past spring, I bought a 360 and started gaming more. I still don't play a lot as you can tell by my gamerscore in my signature, but I just play when I can find the time and there aren't more important things to do. Or like tonight, my wife is having a girls night out, so it's my gaming night.[/quote]

Yeah I guess I still find time to play sometimes, it just sucks not being able to wake up, see its raining/snowing out and say no class for me, COD/Guitar hero/Halo and Gravity's all day!!!

[quote name='crave132']Yeah I guess I still find time to play sometimes, it just sucks not being able to wake up, see its raining/snowing out and say no class for me, COD/Guitar hero/Halo and Gravity's all day!!![/quote]

hahahaha, i know EXACTLY how you feel. My interest in games has really picked up lately with all the great games that have come out. I hate that I don't have time to play them. I'm slowly making my way through Fallout 3 right now. I want to purchase other games, but they wouldn't get played for a while. I guess the one advantage to not playing through games so fast is that there is time for the other games to decrease in price.

I really don't understand how it takes only a couple of days for some to play through an entire game or how some college/high school people can afford to buy every new top selling game the day it comes out (but that's another topic).

[quote name='crave132']Here's another topic. Where do I need to put mygamertag.net url http://card.mygamercard.net/aero/crave132.png so that it shows up at the bottom of my posts? It says invalid URL when i put it in for my avatar, and for my picture. Help![/quote]

Click on the little gear icon at the top right of the website and find "Edit Signature" and then click on the "Insert Image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny sunrise photo) and paste the link.

no sunrise to be found. Could be because i am at work. I see the sunrise here on my quick reply, but not in the signature. Oh well, ill just post the link.

[quote name='crave132']no sunrise to be found. Could be because i am at work. I see the sunrise here on my quick reply, but not in the signature. Oh well, ill just post the link.[/quote]

Or you can just put
around the link in your signature.

[quote name='crave132']I wanna play with some CAGers some night. My live name is crave132. I am pretty good, but always get stuck with sucky ass teams. Maybe these CAG boys (and girl) could learn a thing or two from me, as well as help me demolish some other teams![/quote]
welcome! feel free to add me, and theres a new clan gamertag you can add if theres room on it, but i dont remember exactly what it is. its like "CAG CODWatW" or something similar. I think officially we play cod on thursday nights, but pretty much everynight theres a group of us playing.

oh but heres a tip, when we play with shane lynn dont bring up the fact that he sounds like a girl. he will mess with your head trying to be like "i am a girl" so watch out for that.

[quote name='crave132']that worked pretty good! haha[/quote]

hahaha, i'm sorry; I thought that would have worked.

The multiplayer in this game, is it like counter-strike? Is it one shot kills? I'm really looking for a multiplayer game that is similar to the experience in counter strike.

Oh yeah, hardcore is one shot kills for sure. It is awesome! I dont know why I dont play more hardcore? I guess cause I like having stopping power and having a radar, but I have played hardcore a couple times and loved it every time! I guess I just prefer objective based games so you have to move around instead of just camp.

d[quote name='crave132']I wanna play with some CAGers some night. My live name is crave132. I am pretty good, but always get stuck with sucky ass teams. Maybe these CAG boys (and girl) could learn a thing or two from me, as well as help me demolish some other teams![/quote]

Hey Crave! Feel free to add me as well! We're a pretty laid back group and tend to have a lot of fun playing. ;) We are mostly playing hardcore team deathmatch now, as it's the best gametype out there :D !

[quote name='Ow3n']oh but heres a tip, when we play with shane lynn dont bring up the fact that he sounds like a girl. he will mess with your head trying to be like "i am a girl" so watch out for that.[/quote]

:speaktothehand::cool: .... (mental note to self ... team kill Ender next game ... )

I'll be on later tonight, if anybody wants to play send me an invite or friend request...I too get tired of playing with shit teams. I've been doing pretty good lately but i can promise anything

Man, I have the same complaints about tanks in this game as I do in every other game that has tanks.

Under no circumstances should a player be able to get in and out of tanks like they get in and out of a shower. Because it sucks COMPLETE ass for the foot soldier who is running in between sniper and machine gun fire, as well as trying not to get blasted in face by the tank shell itself, to finally make it to the tank (satchel chargers obviously) only to have the drive briskly step out and run away robbing you of all points.

There needs to be fairly lengthy animation into a tank and a fairly lengthy one out. This I think is one of the reasons why tanks rarely get taken out in a game. The risk/reward is ridiculously in favor of the tank driver anyway....how much more of an edge do they need to have?

I messed up, i dont have upheaval, i hate Downfall. They always grab tanks and just drive in circles a lot. But i havent played on that map in a long time.

Personally i wish they would make COD4 maps DLC or something, because i prefer those. But i dont want to buy that game again.

[quote name='crave132']I wanna play with some CAGers some night. My live name is crave132. I am pretty good, but always get stuck with sucky ass teams. Maybe these CAG boys (and girl) could learn a thing or two from me, as well as help me demolish some other teams![/quote]

Don't let Shan fool you. His name is Shane. He just likes to trick peoples. O:)

I will make sure to add you, Crave.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I messed up, i dont have upheaval, i hate Downfall. They always grab tanks and just drive in circles a lot. But i havent played on that map in a long time.

Personally i wish they would make COD4 maps DLC or something, because i prefer those. But i dont want to buy that game again.[/quote]

I know what you mean I am kinda in the middle. I like this maps better but I just like the feel of COD4 more.

I just cant get past how boring the weapons and perks are to me. They all just form together for some reason for me. There is just something off about the game that I cant put my finger on.

The game is good. It just tries to much to be exactly like COD4...hell they barely improved on any of the stuff that they took from it. Just copy and pasted it in.

I would have rather had them go a completely different way and let the COD4ers have their game while other moved on to COD5 different style of play. As long as you update until the next installment comes out you should be fine.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man, I have the same complaints about tanks in this game as I do in every other game that has tanks.

Under no circumstances should a player be able to get in and out of tanks like they get in and out of a shower. Because it sucks COMPLETE ass for the foot soldier who is running in between sniper and machine gun fire, as well as trying not to get blasted in face by the tank shell itself, to finally make it to the tank (satchel chargers obviously) only to have the drive briskly step out and run away robbing you of all points.

There needs to be fairly lengthy animation into a tank and a fairly lengthy one out. This I think is one of the reasons why tanks rarely get taken out in a game. The risk/reward is ridiculously in favor of the tank driver anyway....how much more of an edge do they need to have?[/quote]

I agree with you on the part about how it is too easy to get in and get out of the tanks... But I don't really agree with fact that it is so hard to bring them down. If you know what you are doing, you can bring them down with one satchel charge every time. I actually don't think I have ever had anyone escape from the tank or at least the blast that it made without getting the kill.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man, I have the same complaints about tanks in this game as I do in every other game that has tanks.

There needs to be fairly lengthy animation into a tank and a fairly lengthy one out. This I think is one of the reasons why tanks rarely get taken out in a game. The risk/reward is ridiculously in favor of the tank driver anyway....how much more of an edge do they need to have?[/quote]

I would rather if there werent tanks, but I used to get extremely frustrated by people in tanks so I decided to frustrate other people by getting in a tank and killing them:lol:

[quote name='Chase']Don't let Shan fool you. His name is Shane. He just likes to trick peoples. O:)
Trick people ... hmmm ... :whee:

I think I'm just going to have to team kill you all :cool:! (and then get booted ... and then there will be a definite lack of funnage ... ;)).

K, so after some serious comebackage last night, I determined that the MP40 is, and shall always be, my gun of choice! The other gun just did not work for me on dome (which, yes, I DO like that level!! :bouncy:).

Now that i went and looked up the old COD4 maps, it makes me sad. I miss them a lot, and i feel they are better than COD:waw maps. Maybe its just that i havent let the new maps grow on me yet. The beta maps are ones i like. But maps like Strike, Pipeline, Crossfire, Backlot, Crash and especially Overgrown from COD4 i miss a lot.

[quote name='mvp828']...If you know what you are doing, you can bring them down with one satchel charge every time...[/quote]

I believe that it was you that referred to this as hitting the tank's gspot last night? ;)

Seriously though, I love the tanks, although, admittedly more so when I'm in one ... but it's my own fault (assuming i'm not spawned there) if I run out in front of a tank facing me ... most of the levels you could easily avoid tanks if you wanted to ...

[quote name='Shan82']I believe that it was you that referred to this as hitting the tank's gspot last night? ;) [/quote]

where is this alleged spot?

I just finally figured out how to throw satchel charges today when I was talking with a friend on the phone. I was wondering what was the best way to take out a tank and I guess now I know.

That should make things much easier ... I'm a little slow when it comes to my knowledge of WWII-era explosives.

When I use the tank my move is to jump out whenever someone gets close, quickly shoot em or knife em and jump back in the tank and keep rollin.

I agree its not realistic, but it sure is fun.

Tanks are also great for hiding from dogs.

bread's done
Back