Call of Juarez BiB $39.99 at GameStop starting 8/7

slimin1122

CAG Veteran
New copies of Call of Juarez Bound in Blood will be on sale at Gamestop for $39.99 starting August 7th. Not a bad price if you have some store credit waiting to be used up.

Just got it for $35 off of amazon today, so far I'm really liking it, but I stink at it :(

Seems like it's going to be a hard game.

[quote name='slimin1122']New copies of Call of Juarez Bound in Blood will be on sale at Gamestop for $39.99 starting August 7th. Not a bad price if you have some store credit waiting to be used up.[/QUOTE]

Like he said not a bad price if you have gamestop credit, but for the 2 people that replied afterwords stating its a better deal at amazon will they let you use your gamestop credit there for the $5 cheaper? No... thats what I figured

your welcome, i hate when people come into threads and cant read what the OP said and put another deal in that thread

[quote name='richyanks']your welcome, i hate when people come into threads and cant read what the OP said and put another deal in that thread[/QUOTE]

I read what the OP said. I can't fathom why you have an issue with me pointing out that it's cheaper elsewhere, that would seem to be within the spirit of what this forum is about, no? No one berated or called out the OP. So chill.

So is this definitely just a sale and not an MSRP drop? I picked one up at Target today for $39.99 but I'll return it and wait for further drops if it is in fact an MSRP drop.

[quote name='bvharris']I read what the OP said. I can't fathom why you have an issue with me pointing out that it's cheaper elsewhere, that would seem to be within the spirit of what this forum is about, no? No one berated or called out the OP. So chill.[/QUOTE]agreed, $5 difference adds up here and there. Plus I'd rather give amazon my $$$ than gamestop

The difference would be more than $10 for me if you factor in tax at GS and the ECA discount at Amazon.

[quote name='mis0']The difference would be more than $10 for me if you factor in tax at GS and the ECA discount at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That's a good reason.. but the bigger reason is that you might get a Gamestop "new" copy.

[quote name='Vinny']That's a good reason.. but the bigger reason is that you might get a Gamestop "new" copy.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. A gutted copy from Gamestop for $40 or a factory sealed copy from Amazon for $35 (minus ECA or any other discount). The choice would be pretty easy for me (if I actually wanted the game).

[quote name='richyanks']Like he said not a bad price if you have gamestop credit, but for the 2 people that replied afterwords stating its a better deal at amazon will they let you use your gamestop credit there for the $5 cheaper? No... thats what I figured[/QUOTE]
You could "transfer" your credit by picking up two copies of Endless Ocean ($17.55 after 25% and Edge) then trade them into Amazon for $26 each (trade-in of the day). Add something worth $8 bucks and you qualify for the extra $30.

Pending you find the games in good condition with both cover/manual, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Aleman']This is game will be $20 in like a month.

a. It's Ubisoft
b. It's not a big seller[/QUOTE]

I fully expect dirt cheap copies of this game before X-Mas.

I think I am with you guys. I bought a copy at Target for $39, but am starting to see price drops and sales several places. This is smacking of up and coming major price drops. I predict sub $20 by Thanksgiving. Seeing Riddick Dark Athena for $9.98 yesterday at Target reminded me of this phenomena.

Went ahead and opened my copy from Target. Figured it would probably be very hard to get the multiplayer achievements if I waited for further drops. Pretty good game so far. The part in the cornfield in Chapter 2 was a bit frustrating though. It did feel strange playing a game I paid more than $5 for after the Hollywood Video madness. :D

This is live online right now, hopefully that means it is also updated in stores right now, so I can use the 25% off used coupon that expires tonight. Sweet!

edit: It may not quite be working live, it shows $39.99 on the search page, but $59.99 when you click on to the item. But used shows $34.99 both ways, which is what I'm more concerned about anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck, if only I had my car done already I would drive to the nearest Gamestop that has it and use the 25% coupon on top of my edge card and have a game that is $22.74+tax

Edit: Anyone lives in Nashville and want to pick this copy up for me? I'm thinking of the second game I want but the nearest store that has it is in Hamilton Crossing (in Antioch, across from Wal-Mart)

[quote name='vlv723']fuck, if only I had my car done already I would drive to the nearest Gamestop that has it and use the 25% coupon on top of my edge card and have a game that is $22.74+tax

[/QUOTE]

I tried this, at three different stores no less, tonight after work, but all three still had the game at $49.99 used in their system. One manager offered to manually adjust the price to $34.99 for me, but said the coupon would not stack with the override. At least he was cool about it, the manager at the first one was a douchebag and insisted that the online store was a seperate company and had different prices all the time... which most of us know is not entirely true. Oh, well. At least I tried. I doubt the price will go up before the next time there is a B2G1 or a decent coupon.

Edit: Forgot to say that I'm sure the price will drop in-store tomorrow after the system updates overnight. Whatever.

[quote name='Chocolatejas']This still live in store? I got it last week and want to a return/rebuy.[/QUOTE]

Yes it's 39.99/34.99 in store still.

bread's done
Back