Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - Gen. Discussion & Info - Teaser Trailer up now!

darthbudge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
A new montage was released at GDC '09!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47142.html

----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikqg99Q4FAw

The game is a prequel, focusing around the exploits of (Reverend) Ray McCall and his brother Thomas McCall.

Both Ray and Thomas will be playable with their own unique gameplay styles. It will also feature co-op play, and competitive team based multiplayer modes.

The story will take the McCall brothers from a Civil War era Georgia to Aztec Ruins and many more locations.

---

I think this game has a lot of potential. I loved the first game, even though it had a number of short comings. Hopefully they will fix those issues in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played the demo for the first and deleted it before I even finished it. Gun is a much better Western style game for the 360.

Call of Juarez was one of the most enjoyable games i played back in 2007. I am very much looking forward to the release of this game.

The first one is legitimately one of the worst games I've ever played.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I stopped playing the first game when I spent an eternity trying to master simple jumps. Alas, it wasn't simple. :([/quote]

I think I quit around the same time. This game did not need a sequel/prequel.

[quote name='depascal22']Played the demo for the first and deleted it before I even finished it. Gun is a much better Western style game for the 360.[/quote]

I really enjoyed GUN when I played it a couple years ago. I think it is very underrated and never really got the respect it deserved.

Looks ok, but hopefully it doesn't get drowned in pointless cutscenes. Hopefully it has more of a storyline than shoot every single person between Texas and South America.

I'm bumping this thread up since it comes out on June 30th. I'm actually excited for this game, since I thoroughly enjoyed the first one and thought that it was given lower scores then it should've gotten. Though, it wasn't perfect, it was really good to keep me occupied during the Summer since absolutely no games came out then.

I'm excited for this too (been craving a Spaghetti Western ever since 3:10 to Yuma and I don't see the hooplah over Red Dead Redemption); although it won't be a day one buy since I expect it to be on sale for half-price by the end of the year and I can wait.

Is the co-op online compatible?

I'm surprised there's no love for this game here at CAG.

This game does a lot of things right. The setting feels authentic. Its nice to play with really basic pistols and rifles as opposed to heavy duty assault rifles most FPS throw out these days. The story is what you expect from a spaghetti western. The characters are surprisingly entertaining. You get to choose between the two brothers at the start of each chapter. Each having a special skill set. The banter between the two is quite engaging and hilarious at times. The visuals, specially the chapters set in towns, are stunning.

The noon showdowns are done very well..and although there's one at the end of each chapter..then don't feel repetitive.

My main bone with this game is it's length. So far I've completed all but one Act in about 5hrs.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my $50 purchase. Will probably sell this down the line through.

Wow there arent even 2 pages of posts on this game? Cmon people! Its a decent shooter you can breeze through in a day or two. Great for those 3 day weekends.

bread's done
Back