Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (PS3/360) $35 on Amazon

[quote name='matthewhsh2002']so... i'm afraid to ask this question... but ps3 or 360 version?[/QUOTE]

360 because of achievements for me, and because xbox live is better than psn and most people have headsets.

Tempting price is tempting. But by the time I get through my backlog (Including the original Call of Juarez!) I'll end up finding it cheaper. I've impulse bought so many games this last year when they seemed to be good deals only to find them a month or two later significantly less.

[quote name='DGenerateKane']Tempting price is tempting. But by the time I get through my backlog (Including the original Call of Juarez!) I'll end up finding it cheaper. I've impulse bought so many games this last year when they seemed to be good deals only to find them a month or two later significantly less.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one. I'm debating on whether or not to pick it up, or just wait since there's a backlog of games I have not played, especially the original call of juarez which is still sealed haha... I'll probably wait for it to be cheaper at this rate.

Thanks for this. I ordered right away. I have actually had it sitting here from Gamefly, unplayed, since it's release. I am too busy to play games until the beginning of fall. I was waiting for a bigger price drop from Gamefly before purchasing but it hasnt dropped but a few bucks. I loved the first game and wanted to buy this one to support future development for the franchise. This is a great price! Thanks again!

[quote name='matthewhsh2002']so... i'm afraid to ask this question... but ps3 or 360 version?[/QUOTE]

I went with the 360 version, as I read that the PS3 version has 3-5 second loading at every checkpoint.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']I went with the 360 version, as I read that the PS3 version has 3-5 second loading at every checkpoint.[/QUOTE]

Actually, from hearing a IGN podcast, they recommend the 360 version because of that, apparently on the PS3 version, you have to wait 3-5 seconds after every checkpoint for some reason and they say if breaks the game, no much but its noticeable. Both version are the same, but this little flaw just sounds like they didn't care to much.

Got the 360 version (because of achievements).

[quote name='Bucknut']360 because of achievements for me, and because xbox live is better than psn and most people have headsets.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nightmare452']Actually, from hearing a IGN podcast, they recommend the 360 version because of that, apparently on the PS3 version, you have to wait 3-5 seconds after every checkpoint for some reason and they say if breaks the game, no much but its noticeable. Both version are the same, but this little flaw just sounds like they didn't care to much.

Got the 360 version (because of achievements).[/QUOTE]

You guys know that the ps3 version has trophies right?

[quote name='shoe478']You guys know that the ps3 version has trophies right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the PS3 version is the same and has trophies, but I have spent years building up my achievements (I suck compared to others but its fun for me) and like em better since I have a bigger library for those on 360. Nothing against PS3 as I own about 10 games on both system cause of trophies support, but I want to build my achievements more than my trophies, thats all.

awesome.. I just played the first CoJ a few weeks back and loved it.. I hear this one is even better..

thanks..

Ordered mine yesterday. Just been waiting for the price to go down, it is published by Ubisoft afterall, and I think $35 is pretty much the sweet spot for me on this title since it's still new.

I'm in, a little hard to pass on a new game for $35 plus I've been wanting a game with a western theme. Unfortunately Red Dead Redemption is coming out right before Modern Warfare 2, because lets face it many of us will not have time for any other games once MW2 comes out.

[quote name='nightmare452']Actually, from hearing a IGN podcast, they recommend the 360 version because of that, apparently on the PS3 version, you have to wait 3-5 seconds after every checkpoint for some reason and they say if breaks the game, no much but its noticeable. Both version are the same, but this little flaw just sounds like they didn't care to much.

Got the 360 version (because of achievements).[/QUOTE]

hmm thanks for the info! guess i'll go for 360 version then...

[quote name='Techsticles']I'm in, a little hard to pass on a new game for $35 plus I've been wanting a game with a western theme. Unfortunately Red Dead Redemption is coming out right before Modern Warfare 2, because lets face it many of us will not have time for any other games once MW2 comes out.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Red Dead Redemption get delayed?

[quote name='darthballz']Didn't Red Dead Redemption get delayed?[/QUOTE]
Not sure, but Amazon has it listed for October 31st...

Just checked other websites and they all seem to have different release dates. Gamestop.com 1/4/2010, Buy.com 3/24/2010, Walmart.com 1/12/2010, BestBuy.com 10/1/2009

So you're probably right.

[quote name='Techsticles']Not sure, but Amazon has it listed for October 31st...

Just checked other websites and they all seem to have different release dates. Gamestop.com 1/4/2010, Buy.com 3/24/2010, Walmart.com 1/12/2010, BestBuy.com 10/1/2009

So you're probably right.[/QUOTE]

It was pushed back to 2010. There's not a firm release date yet, which is why the retailers are everywhere on it, they're just guessing. Amazon obviously haven't updated it, they often take a while to do so.

I almost caved on this and had it in my cart when I noticed that no matter what shipping you pay for, the ship out time they say is 2 - 3 weeks. Forgettaboutit!!

It is conceivable for them to not mail it for 3 weeks and then take another to get to you. At a minimum, 2 weeks they say. COULD be a month out. In that time we'll likely see as good, or better, a deal at a store I can just walk in.

I'm done with this thread now.

Edit: Never mind, after checking the cover art, it was the original version.

Check your local FYE stores. I saw this for the 360 at $19.99 earlier today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donburns99']Check your local FYE stores. I saw this for the 360 at $19.99 earlier today.[/QUOTE]
The one that came out a few weeks ago?

[quote name='dennisb407']The one that came out a few weeks ago?[/QUOTE]Just checked the cover art of the two versions, it was the original game, sorry.

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon and at the bottom it only said 3 left. So thats prolly the reason for the long shipping delays and the price going back up as well.

[quote name='nflsonic']Lame. The PS3 version is back up to $59.79. Maybe Amazon sold out?[/QUOTE]

That's through another retailer, not Amazon. If you look to the right of your screen, there should be a small box with the $34 price from Amazon. Unfortunately it says it'll ship in 2-3 weeks.

Just finished this today. It was probably the most enjoyable game I've played this year: great single player campaign and the multiplayer is good enough to give the game a little extra longevity as long as you can find people to play with. Highly recommended.

[quote name='donburns99']Just checked the cover art of the two versions, it was the original game, sorry.[/QUOTE]
No problem, but I did almost kick the FYE door down. lol

Hmm, I might have been tempted to pick this up if I had any money, but as it is... I'll wait until this game is under 30 bucks. I had no idea this game was any good, though. That's surprising....

I said screw it and picked it up at Target today. They have temporarily dropped the price to $39.99. About the same as getting it at the Amazon price with 2-day shipping only I get it today instead of 2-3 weeks out.

Just a thought for some of you.

[quote name='mrg']I said screw it and picked it up at Target today. They have temporarily dropped the price to $39.99. About the same as getting it at the Amazon price with 2-day shipping only I get it today instead of 2-3 weeks out.

Just a thought for some of you.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Just went into Target to check on clearances and had no idea this was on sale. Figured it was worth $40 since I've heard good things.

[quote name='mrg']I almost caved on this and had it in my cart when I noticed that no matter what shipping you pay for, the ship out time they say is 2 - 3 weeks. Forgettaboutit!!

It is conceivable for them to not mail it for 3 weeks and then take another to get to you. At a minimum, 2 weeks they say. COULD be a month out. In that time we'll likely see as good, or better, a deal at a store I can just walk in.

I'm done with this thread now.[/QUOTE]

I order Sunday or Monday, and it has shipped out today with FSSS.

[quote name='Thongsy']I order Sunday or Monday, and it has shipped out today with FSSS.[/QUOTE]

Wow i ordered on saturday and its not supposed to ship until the 7th.

Mine already shipped. Plus I forgot to apply my ECA code so I e-mailed them, and the CSR took $10 off the price instead of 10%.

At least the price didn't disappear when Amazon's stock did... I've seen them return to full price when they sell out of something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing they might have already sold out when they took my order. I've never had to wait so long for a game I ordered with FSSS to ship. Still no shipping update yet though. Poo.

I ordered it on Monday but this morning, decided to cancel it. I guess that I won't be playing this game for awhile and if I just started it, the price might be at least $20-$25 when that time comes.

So yeah, I'll pull the trigger when it hits that ideal price.

bread's done
Back