Calling all Coffee Fiends, I need your help!

opportunity777

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello fellow Cag members:

I am working on a project, and I need your input.

It's related to coffee, please take the poll.

I would greatly appreciate it!

Answer 1: No
Answer 2: 3 or more per day
Answer 3: Occasionally
Answer 4: 18-25
Answer 5: None of your damn business

Also, when you make a post, if you drink coffee, tell me what kind or kinds (flavored, decaff, espresso, latte, etc) you drink.

Thanks for all your help in advance, it is much appreciated.

I really don't drink coffee that much. However when I do its either home-brewed or there is a place in the mall called coffee beanery, They have this great carmel coffee I get every time I go to the mall.

I prefer dark roasts (Italian is my favorite), though some medium-bodied coffees (Kenya Velvet, Costa Rican Estate) are excellent too.

Columbian and Guatemalan beans = shit. If it's in a can, it's shit. The only canned coffee I enjoy is the Cafe Du Monde blend (coffee plus chicory, a relatively inexpensive coffee substitute). Unfortunately, Cafe Du Monde is in New Orleans (Decatur Street, southernmost street on the French Quarter and adjacent to the French Market), and well known for "beignets" (French doughnuts, named after a nun's flatulence). We just used up the last of our Cafe Du Monde last week (all things considered, I have zero to complain about and everything to be grateful for).

I enjoy espresso straight, so long as it is a ristretto shot (1/2 the pull time of a regular shot). fuck, now I'm craving ristretto!

I'll drink a latte in the winter in leiu of breakfast (only with soy milk, and served with light chocolate and creme de menthe flavoring). fuck, now I'm craving winter! ;)

I buy beans only, typically Starbucks blends. I am considering purchasing a small roaster (around $80), and green beans (unroasted) are far cheaper than what you buy in the market. I'm aware of how well Starbucks treats their employees relative to other mega-corporations, so I have no qualms whatsoever about buying from them.

I'll probably add more later.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Columbian and Guatemalan beans = shit. If it's in a can, it's shit.
[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. That being said I enjoy my coffee at home.

I prefer those coffee shops where you can sit down and read a book or newspaper. I do that every Sunday

My favorite is komodo dragon (starbucks, very strong with a unique, skunky smell) or tanzania peaberry (miniature coffee beans with low acidity). Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is next, turkish roast, Sumatra, and Kenya AA. While not all those are real strong, overall I like the strongest coffee possible. I've only had 3 or 4 espressos that I thought were strong enough (if it's strong enough so I can feel it in my nose then it's good), and strength is the only point of an espresso. I can't stand milk in coffee, or sugar.

I like flavored coffees, but I just like trying all the flavors more than drinking them. Almost all of them taste relatively the same, the smell is the main difference. I've only found two places that are different. One was a coffee place in markham, ontario and they had a caramel coffee where you could actually taste the caramel, and it's where I found my favorite flavored coffee, fireside (flavored with warm, christmas spices). The other is red barn coffee house, they have the best flavored coffees. You buy coconut creme, you can taste and smell it. Buy chocolate raspberry, and it tastes like chocolate raspberry.

The only other place I ever found a good flavoured coffee was nancy's coffee which I found in NH. At christmas time they have "winter in new england" (was called something different in new york), the beans are coated white (not sure with what other than coconut). I'm pissed though, the only one anywhere in new england was just taken over by starbucks. It's was the only non stabucks choice I normally had.

Red Barn Coffee roasters is my favorite coffee place overall. Their coffees and beans are better than starbucks, but there only located in boston and east of boston, closest is about 45 minutes from me.

Another possibly good one is finger lakes coffee roasters, extremely good coffee, but I only went there once. I was near rochester and got off the highway near a mall and started driving around when I stumbled on them.

Normally I try to go to any local place I find, starbucks has very limited choices but the coffee sucks north of boston (hell, even in boston it's all starbucks). Even new hampshire has local coffee roasters, but we got nothing. There isn't even a starbucks within 20 minutes of here, it's all horrible dunkin donuts coffee and other cheap, weak coffee places.

Also, when you make a post, if you drink coffee, tell me what kind or kinds (flavored, decaff, espresso, latte, etc) you drink.

Age and Gender would be nice too.

Thanks for all your help in advance, it is much appreciated.

Age and gender? I want to report you to you teacher, since you're not following random sample methodology.

Unless, of course, you don't have to do that.

Specific? Do tell, if'n you don't mind. Also, why coffee? I would imagine one of the great ironies of gamers is a distinct demand for caffeinated products, coupled with a severe distaste for coffee (or, rather, a marked preference for Mountain Dew or other soda).

Oh, 26 male, BTW.

Basically...the project revolves around the idea that if you were to put together one blend which blend would it be, and what arena would you sell it. So that's why I need to be specific.

I am using a few forums, but I have faith in my fellow gamers to help me out ;o)

I will stop into Starbucks on occasion, but usually I'll just make my coffee at home. Folger's with a couple spoonfuls of Vanilla Caramel creamer and 3-4 packages of Splenda.... Mmm mmm, bitch!

Also, you should add Tim Horton's to the poll. There's one on every corner in Canada, at least in the Toronto area. Those stores are more plentiful than Starbucks is here.

I chose home but I also drink it at work. I drink both flavored and non-flavored, 28, male. On a side note I've been drinking coffee since I was around 5. If it really stunts your growth then I should've been a giant since I'm 6'2" now. :)

[quote name='opportunity777']Basically...the project revolves around the idea that if you were to put together one blend which blend would it be, and what arena would you sell it. So that's why I need to be specific.

I am using a few forums, but I have faith in my fellow gamers to help me out ;o)[/QUOTE]

So you're a fucking marketing major, then?

IKIK: after all, marketing is basically the dark side of sociology (my area).

26, male, Kroger brand out of a can. Drink it at work.

As for flavor, Joe is Joe. Flavored is for pussies. (Present company excluded, of course) ;-)

my favorite summer coffee house drink is a ICED CHAI LATTE W/SOY. second choice and favorite is a ICED AMERICANO NO WATER (3 espresso shots over ice) and i ussually spice it up with coco or nutmeg and raw sugar. i go to this place that roasts their own and i like java.

[quote name='opportunity777']I am finishing up my Master's in December, I can't wait![/QUOTE]

Thesis or non-thesis? If the former, you ought to let us read it!

EDIT: Congrats, BTW. An MA is tough!

[quote name='Matt Young']I will stop into Starbucks on occasion, but usually I'll just make my coffee at home. Folger's with a couple spoonfuls of Vanilla Caramel creamer and 3-4 packages of Splenda.... Mmm mmm, bitch!

Also, you should add Tim Horton's to the poll. There's one on every corner in Canada, at least in the Toronto area. Those stores are more plentiful than Starbucks is here.[/QUOTE]

Tim hortons is borderline tolerable. It's much better than the crap at dunkin donuts, but that's not saying much. But tim hortons is loved in canada and everyplace imagineable. If there's absolutely no other choice and I have to have coffee then I used to go there. Normally I'd see what they were brewing at second cup (or timothy's if it was nearby) and if I didn't like what they had then I'd go to starbucks.

Though there was a timothys on yonge street in newmarket, ontario (half hour north of toronto) that had a liquor license. They served a bunch of coffee and tea with different types of hard liquor (rum was the most common). The hunters coffee I got was horrible (well the top was good, after the first few sips it was horrible), but I had never had coffee with alcohol so it probably just isn't something I like.

I usually go to one of the local bistro type places and get a quad shot espresso mixed with strong two sugars and some half and half

32/M mostly brew at home using SBC, or Starbucks (who bought out SBC.) I like a little milk and sugar. Iced coffee is great too... In Seattle you have to go out of your way to find a crappy cup of joe...

Thanks for all the posts everyone. I will be posting a new poll soon. So be on the look out for that, and for those of you haven't posted to this one yet, please post.

I'll go to Starbucks to go "out for coffee", although it's too expensive for me to do often. I also go to a few other coffee shops sometimes. I'll pick up 7-11 coffee in the morning a lot before classes, or I'll bring coffee from home and drink it in the car (this happens more often). I drink regular drip coffee (black), espresso sometimes, and lattes (both hot and iced, sometimes flavored) when I go out. I'm kind of a caffiene junkie. :)

I'm 21 and female.

29/m I drink at least 1 medium Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla with cream and 1 sweet and low...if they skimp on the cream (like some of the DD in my area) I will ask for extra..The nearest starbucks is 20 min from my work, and there is no closer from my home to work, but I do drink there latee's....I also have either a french vanilla or a regular cup brewed from home once a day

[quote name='strebor']I'll go to Starbucks to go "out for coffee", although it's too expensive for me to do often. I also go to a few other coffee shops sometimes. I'll pick up 7-11 coffee in the morning a lot before classes, or I'll bring coffee from home and drink it in the car (this happens more often). I drink regular drip coffee (black), espresso sometimes, and lattes (both hot and iced, sometimes flavored) when I go out. I'm kind of a caffiene junkie. :)

I'm 21 and female.[/QUOTE]

How does it cost too much? It's like 30 cents extra for coffee at starbucks.

I'm a 23 year old male. i usually make coffee at home. i always buy folgers special roast, which is a medium blend. i'm starting to hooked on dark, though. my favorite is sumatra. There are no starbucks or Joe Muggs where i live (damn Starkville, MS), but there are a couple of smaller places called Strangebrew and LJ's.

I guess another thing is that i despise coffee in the morning, but i love it in the afternoon. i think it's because it keeps me from taking a nap.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']How does it cost too much? It's like 30 cents extra for coffee at starbucks.[/QUOTE]

I meant for lattes and stuff like that. If I want regular drip coffee, home or 7-11 or something is just fine.

[quote name='ryanbph']29/m I drink at least 1 medium Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla with cream and 1 sweet and low...if they skimp on the cream (like some of the DD in my area) I will ask for extra..The nearest starbucks is 20 min from my work, and there is no closer from my home to work, but I do drink there latee's....I also have either a french vanilla or a regular cup brewed from home once a day[/QUOTE]

pretty much the same as above, except 29/f. I either brew coffee at home (and drink it here, french press), or get the vanilla coffee from dunkin donuts and drink it at work.

We aren't allowed to have electrical coffee makers at work, so I got the french press instead. It just hasn't quite made it into work. The coffee is a bit stronger, and it is easier to clean than the electrical ones (i.e. no aftertaste).

I'm 19 and male. I drink Tim Hortons in the morning if I need to wake up and get my day going, or at night if I'm doing work and I need to stay up.

bread's done
Back