Calling all Replicants! Blade Runner! Finally a specific date for the new versions!

HumanSnatcher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
According to a press release the date is Dec 18th. In addition, there is going to be a 2disc special edition, a 3 disc collectors edition, and a 5(hell yes!) disc ultimate edition that comes in a "Deckard Briefcase" packaging. Now, thats not the best part...ok well it is; but it gets even better, in addition to the standard def releases, its also going Blu-ray and HD-DVD! To make it even sweeter, the 5 disc in the briefcase package will be available in those formats as well! All I can say is fuck YES! I refused to buy the one and only Blade Runner version on DVD because I don't care for the "directors cut". I will gladly shell out the dough for the 5 disc HD DVD edition.

[quote name='Press Release']The Film That Started It All: BLADE RUNNER: THE FINAL CUT Debuts on DVD December 18 with Exclusive New York/LA Theatrical Launch October 5

Three Spectacular Editions of Director’s Long-Awaited New Version, Restored and Remastered with 5.1 Audio, New and Deleted Scenes, Special Effects and More

All 4 Previous Cuts, Including the Ultra-Rare ‘Workprint’ Version, Available along with Hours of Extra Content Including Over 45 Minutes of Deleted Scenes & ''Dangerous Days,'' the Comprehensive New Feature-Length Doc

Ultimate Collector’s Edition, in Unique Limited 'Deckard Briefcase,' Also Available in HD DVD & Blu-Ray

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The one that started it all. Sir Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner,starring Harrison Ford, isone of themost important science-fiction movies of the 20th Century -- the film with immeasurable influence on society for its futuristic depiction of a post-apocalyptic, dystopian world, a film perhaps more powerful and relevant today than when it was made. The film, in fact, has appeared on more ‘Top Five’ sci-fi lists than any other film.

In celebration of its 25th anniversary, director Ridley Scott (Alien, Hannibal and a three-time Oscar® nominee, Best Director, for Gladiator, Thelma & Louise and Black Hawk Down) has gone back into post production to create the long-awaited definitive new version, which Warner Home Video will unveil on DVD December 18th in the U.S. Blade Runner: The Final Cut, spectacularly restored and remastered from original elements and scanned at 4K resolution, will contain never-before-seen added/extended scenes, added lines, new and improved special effects, director and filmmaker commentary, an all-new 5.1 Dolby® Digital audio track and more.

A showcase theatrical run is also being planned for New York and Los Angeles October 5.

Blade Runner: The Final Cut will be included in three stunning DVD editions: a Two-Disc Special Edition (at $20.97 SRP), a Four-Disc Collector’s Edition($34.99 SRP) and the
Five-Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition ($78.92 SRP) in Collectible “Deckard Briefcase” packaging.

Simultaneous HD DVD and Blu-Ray versions (each $TBD) of the “Deckard Briefcase” will also be released in numbered, limited quantities. HD DVD and Blu-Ray 5-Disc Digi Packs with collectible slipcase (each $TBD) will include all of the UCE content.

Ford, Rutger Hauer, Edward James Olmos, Joanna Cassidy, Sean Young and Daryl Hannah are among some 80 stars, filmmakers and others who participate in the extensive bonus features. Among the bonus material highlights is Dangerous Days - a brand new, three-and-a-half-hour documentary by award-winning DVD producer Charles de Lauzirika, with an extensive look into every aspect of the film: its literary genesis, its challenging production and itscontroversial legacy.

Additionally, two of the collections (4- & 5-Disc) will include an entire disc with hours of enhanced content containing featurettes and galleries devoted to over 45 minutes of deleted and alternate scenes recently discovered in deep storage and approved by Ridley Scott, visual effects as well as background on author Philip K. Dick, script development, abandoned sequences, conceptual design, overall impact of the film and how it lead to the birth of cyberpunk. Trailers, TV spots and promotional featurettes will also be included.
[/quote]
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070726005396&newsLang=en

And Mods, if you feel this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Now that they finally have set a date and released a shit ton of details, WB better not fuck around and start delaying shit though.[/quote]

True. This has been in development hell for what, close to a decade?

fuck, I'm gonna watch Blade Runner later, been a while.

I haven't seen it in a while myself. Only because I don't own a non directors cut copy (which mine is on VHS from many many years ago). But I think this really is the first time that its been given an actual date, rather than a quarter or season announcement

HD DVD and Blu-Ray 5-Disc Digi Packs with collectible slipcase (each $TBD) will include all of the UCE content.

Wait, the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD versions will also be on 5 disks? What the hell are they using all that extra space for? It doesn't seem like they will include any extras other than higher resolutions. Looks like they are padding the number of disks to charge more money.

Other than that, I can't wait.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Wait, the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD versions will also be on 5 disks? What the hell are they using all that extra space for? It doesn't seem like they will include any extras other than higher resolutions. Looks like they are padding the number of disks to charge more money.

Other than that, I can't wait.[/quote]

Hmm, I didn't even consider that. 5 of either format could hold a shit ton, so I hope you're wrong and it just has more special features, or some obscene quality.

I've only ever seen the DVD Directors Cut, so it will be nice to see all the different versions possible.

While I'm a big fan of the movie.. there is no way I'm going to pay for a "5 HD-DVD discs in a briefcase" version. Then again, it takes all kinds.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']According to a press release the date is Dec 18th. In addition, there is going to be a 2disc special edition, a 3 disc collectors edition, and a 5(hell yes!) disc ultimate edition that comes in a "Deckard Briefcase" packaging. Now, thats not the best part...ok well it is; but it gets even better, in addition to the standard def releases, its also going Blu-ray and HD-DVD! To make it even sweeter, the 5 disc in the briefcase package will be available in those formats as well! All I can say is fuck YES! I refused to buy the one and only Blade Runner version on DVD because I don't care for the "directors cut". I will gladly shell out the dough for the 5 disc HD DVD edition.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070726005396&newsLang=en

And Mods, if you feel this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it.[/quote]

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Words cannot express the joy I feel right now. I may weep openly.

I have nothing against Bladerunner but I like Redline slighlty more.

That Started it all

Please. I can only guess Blade Runner is being remastered and remade dew to Shadowrun being released for the 360.

I do admire the Toy Maker character, The Like Tear drops lost in the Rain, Back flipper get shot, The sex replicant running in her see threw wear, The constant wanna-be Japanese all over the place, and the whole idea of Androids wanting to be like Human and to live forever when it was one the creators fault for putting in a virus that will kill the human part of them off in short times.

What is really instresting is the love scene ( that alot of people will yell rape ) and if he did really killed her when they went down the elevator. Then knowing Harrison Ford was the star wow.

Then how it is extremly hard to get a real chicken or snake in these times was okay.

Still if you like this you have to see "Redline" also known as "Deathline"

bread's done
Back