Calling any Eb/Gamestop employees.

SpikeSpiegel

CAGiversary!
I picked up an application as I just turned 17 last month. I have a few questions.

How is the work there? Is it demanding? I see the employees type rather fast, how necessary is this?

I've heard each employee is required to sell a certain amount of subscriptions, is this true?

Generally speaking, how much more than minimum do they pay? ( I realize this varies and may not even uphold a steady trend)

[quote name='JimmieMac']Demanding? You stand in a fuckin climate controlled store all day, how fuckin demanding can it be?[/QUOTE]

"I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. For it is judgment that defeats us."

Thats all I'm saying, after dealing with some grandma wanting to return GTA cause it has teh sexz, and 99 kids asking when is the new "insert any game" is coming out.... no your right It still doesn't beat being in a 500 degree kitchen at 8 p.m on friday night.

It all depends on your boss. My boss is really cool to everyone at work. He doesn't base work time on numbers (like subs and res). As far as the work, it's fing easy as hell. Really, sometimes I laugh that I get paided to watch Wheel of Fortune at work.

Selling subs and res isn't hard at all. Now I for one am not the type of person to push them down peoples throats when they shop at the store. If someone asks me about a game I let them know they can (not have to) reserve the game. I only pitch subs when the person really does save money on the transaction.

They pay min wage right when you start, don't expect to get made cash just because you stand around and do nothing. If you can type on a keyboard then you are fine to work at GS/EB.

As I said in my first sentence, it really depends on your boss.

bread's done
Back