Calling in Sick

WinnieThePujols

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
The past couple days I've had diarrhea and have been throwing up any time any food/liquid hits my stomach.

What do I say when I call in sick for that?

Do I actually say "diarrhea" or do I just say that I'm not feeling well?

EDIT -- so here's what happened.

Her: "This is hardware, how can I help you?"
Me: "Hey, this is Kyle. I have a stomach virus or something, I'm not going to be able to make it in today.."
Her: "Ah, come on you little wimp!"
Me: (laugh) "Yeah, I'm uh... in the bathroom a lot more often than I should b --"
Her: "I don't wanna know the details! Hope you feel better."

:p

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']The past couple days I've had diarrhea and have been throwing up any time any food/liquid hits my stomach.

What do I say when I call in sick for that?

Do I actually say "diarrhea" or do I just say that I'm not feeling well?[/QUOTE] Tell them exactly that. They won't argue.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I've been trying to think how you could NOT close the deal on a "shits" excuse. I mean, if you happen to be pushed to still come in, you just make the story more graphic, "Hey, I'd love to but I got up early and tried to make some toast but I ended up spraying gravy all over the front of the oven, and, I'm a little embarrased to say, the dog as well."

They still push, call them from the car and say you now need two days off because you have to spend tomorrow buying a new driver seat.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JimmieMac']You kids want a hot deal? Here it is, the best piece of advice you can ever get for calling out at work:

Say you got "the shits".

Nobody, and I mean, NOBODY ever questions "the shits". Office job, cashier at the corner market, boat captain, nobody.

It's one of the things in life that falls under the "If you got the balls to say it they have no choice but to believe you" catagory.

Don't over play your hand, call up, tell them you can't come in, they ask "why?" you say "ummm...well, I've kinda had the shits since 3am and they aint slowin' down" They say "oh ummm...well....ok....good luck... and ummm...see you tomorrow".

This NEVER EVER EVER NEVER fails. Believe it, matter of fact, you should all try it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JimmieMac']When you call in sick, tell 'em you have "the shits". Here's the theory, nobody ever questions "the shits", it's not like you threw up and they tell you to take some Pepto Bismol and suck it up. There are no follow up questions to "I can't make it in today, I was up all night with the shits". And the next day, nobody ever asks follow-up questions, there's no "Hey, how's the shits today?"

The shits: A get out of work free card.[/QUOTE]
This felt like a good fit for the thread.

Edit: beaten to it

If I'm vague they might think I'm faking it (then again, what do I care? I'm legitimately sick...)

But at the same time I'm probably just making myself worry and I'll call in and they'll just say, "OK, thanks for calling."

bread's done
Back