[CAN] Blockbuster Minimum TIV

Cthulhu8u

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
BBV has another minimum TIV deal on next-gen consoles only, very time limited (basically this Tuesaday to next)

GET A MINIMUM BUYBACK PRICE OF $10 WHEN YOU SELL YOUR USED GAMES**
promo_console.jpg

We buy used games at Blockbuster, and you can get a minimum buyback price of $10 on PS3, X360, and Wii games. This promo lasts from February 10 to February 16 only, so hurry in today

A good time to dump stuff you wouldn't necessarily get much for...

Is there any sort of restrictions? Do they have a list of titles that qualify or is it basically anything on those 3 systems?

[quote name='Eoyote']Is there any sort of restrictions? Do they have a list of titles that qualify or is it basically anything on those 3 systems?[/quote]

YMMV I suppose, they can accept or deny whatever they want. If they get, lets's say, hundreds of copies of Golden Compass on DS, they might start clamping down. Not that anyone would have any idea where to find cheap copies of that game :roll:

[quote name='danthemightyone']I'm pretty sure there was a thread for this. [/quote]

We have had a thread on this before but that was from a while back. I've also posted BBV deals before (like their $10 minimum TIV for Blu-Ray movies), but this is more recent. I just copy/pasted this from my email.

i never traded anything to BBV. how does that work? is it the usual driver's license and gift card? or do you have to be a member of that BBV?

was this is in an e-mail?

still nothing on there site... i don't want to go there and have them say "lol wut" when i try to trade in 10 games =X

anyone have FIRM confirmation that this deal is going to happen

You get the BBV updates through the Weekly Buzz email. Go to their website and sign up, you also get a weekly coupon. It might be on the site today since that's when it starts?

CONFIRMED at Mississauga Ontario

The girls behind the counter had no idea. They had to call 3-4 other Store Managers in the area and finally found out.

I traded in 4 X360, 1 PS3, and 2 Blu Ray Titles ..
Total : $70 Store Credit

They wouldn't take my KR:American Idol Encore for some reason. System said it was a value of $0.00

who knows.

i traded in a bunch of filth for 90 bucks, including nhl 2k7... project sylpheed, fifa street 3, cod2, hail to the chimp, nba ballers, smash court 3, and two other titles, they took everything except my NFR games...

Zack & Wiki scanned in at $10 so I assume the deal is on (and in the system).. tivs.ca had it listed at $3 from last november

On a related note, I think tivs.ca should NOT be updated with these $10 tivs since it's temporary.

traded in 20 games today, 200 dollars credit, even an elusive "not for resale" viva pinata was taken. I think the best game would have been genji for ps3, even thats stretching the word "best" though

heres a list of titles i did trade in;

Tenchu Z - 360
Surfs up - 360
NHL 2k6 - 360
nascar 08 - 360
tiger woods pga tour 06 - 360
top spin 2 - 360
fifa 06 - 360
project sylpheed - 360
vampire rain - 360
madden 06 - 360
Jumper - 360
N3 -360
NHL 2k8 - ps3
Genji - ps3
MUA - 360
ALL pro football - 360
call of juarez - 360
NBA ballers - 360
spiderman FoF - 360
Fear files - 360

PPPPPPPAYCE
grappos says i never contributez to da hot deals forum on RFD!!!! If i ever beat the punch to someone posting a deal it wouldnt be on RFD, i'd tell this crowd of peeps first, that site is a joke and really im only a member to see deals regarding non-gaming crap, and to make fun of people who "TIVS STUFF @ FS", what a joke of a site.

CheapyD > RFD anyday

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JnJosh'] even an elusive "not for resale" viva pinata was taken. [/quote]

Wow, they wouldn't take my bundle copy of GH:Aerosmith a week ago ...

@JnJosh
I found this pretty funny:
http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=1071205

It is kinda hypocritical for me to bash RFD since I'm on there more than any forum, but I believe the community there has gone down the drain. A lot of people returning new games for EB to Wal-mart and the like, as well as a disproportionate amount of hoarders.

grappos over there is like a second coming of mahjongmaniac.

like people bash me on that site because im so critical of people, are you suppose to be nice to people who rip off comapnies?

theres a difference between

A) Returning an unopened game to walmart that you didnt buy there "gift" is a good choice of words for these culprits to use.

B) 2/30 at zellers when the flyer was first out, even pricematching because 1) even zellers didnt even know 2) some people didnt buy "garbage bags full of games" just a couple.

and C) printing off a 10$ off coupon for Marks and buying things at 10$ repeatedly (as opposed to saving yourself 10$ off a pair of 40$ jeans like im sure it was meant to)

The moderators even turn a blind eye to it, sure they ban people like HD ken, but anyone that even asks "who returns without a reciept?" should be insta-banned, PERIOD.

grappos isnt even as bad as MJM, MJM is just annoying because he posts obvious shit. "PM at FS/BB FOR 10% of difference" no shit sherlock do i use toilet paper to wipe my ass too? grappos will literally bash someone, than a week later, do what that person did and act as if no one noticed him bashing in the first place. Get real.

anyways, way off topic and a lot of steam to blow, sorry to derail but Im glad my 2 cents are worth something here!

Poiuiu you should try later at another blockbuster, even just maybe asking nicely to put it in manually. Worst comes to worst, print off the UPC for the game and cover up the NFRS part, because unreadable barcodes just mean they have to type it in anyway.

I want to point out that i got gripped for not having a manual at one location, what bullshat, half of the games i buy used at BBV i dont get manuals, why am i inclined to trade in games w/ one if you dont check everyones to begin with, screw off protecting your blue collar job because we all know if blockbuster went under it would be because my manual wasnt included.

^ yea i realized some of those users there so i stopped posting in RFD.
i like CAG better. better community, better people, better words.

dont spread CAG in that site please :( i dont like some of those people on that site.

JNJosh, why'd you get bashed? what did you say?

dude, dont even bother man, i dont have the patient to argue with these people... they have too much pride and think the world revolves around them.

i usually shake my head and walk away.

just do that next time instead of starting a battle when you can't win

he has a huge fan-base in that site :p

[quote name='TripleQ']Zack & Wiki scanned in at $10 so I assume the deal is on (and in the system).. tivs.ca had it listed at $3 from last november

On a related note, I think tivs.ca should NOT be updated with these $10 tivs since it's temporary.[/quote]

Yeah I wasn't planning on doing that. I did, however, think of creating a promotional trade-ins feature...

Hey, quick question for you guys...does mahjong maniac have a job? He is on RFD constantly. Who the hell has time for 50000 posts...

I get that a lot of them on rfd are young teens now, probably cant order form amazon with a cc, and it is a big deal to come out a few $ ahead from trading.

But some of them (like grappos) have talked of being away for work...in between going on and on and on about their huge game collection they never play, buying piles of games for systems they don't have then changing their mind and returning them all, spending huge amounts of time going back and forth between stores. Strange stuff. On top of all the ones boasitng of pulling outright frauds. Its really gotten to be annoying reading it. I don't think the downward spiral will ever be reversed now.

Other deal sites have gone the same way, even with very different demographics. I thinks its mostly housewives on frugalshopper and smartcanucks. Someone on frugashopper just saying how they look for discarded receipts outside SDMS to see if an optimum card wasn't used, and take them in to ask them to add points to their card. The outright fraud with coupons that is boasted about on smartcanucks is incredible. Probably worse then rfd as its usually about trivial value. They post pics of their huge hoard of shampoo and body wash the way the rfders do of games.

RFD has a horrible community...thats why ive stopped posting there and now just lurk. nothing but complete losers. MJM and grappos are total knobs...god i cant stand them.

[quote name='heimdal']@JnJosh
I found this pretty funny:
http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=1071205

It is kinda hypocritical for me to bash RFD since I'm on there more than any forum, but I believe the community there has gone down the drain. A lot of people returning new games for EB to Wal-mart and the like, as well as a disproportionate amount of hoarders.[/quote]

Freaking. Hilarious.

Personally Heimdal, I don't think it's wrong for you to bash if you aren't one of the sociopaths. You're there to contribute deals, and that's what the forums shoud be about, not hoarding or taking advantage of everything, then whining that you didn't get enough. Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins after all.

I pray CAG doen't turn into RFD ever. The wingnuts here are entertaining and nothing more, just the way I like it. :razz:

[quote name='Bencherstyle']we know that RFD is tthere but do RFDers know CAG? always wondered about this[/quote]

I've seen it mentioned several times there, so some do know. Definitely MJM knows, he's been on here a few times trying to "help" us out with "exclusive" deals.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Freaking. Hilarious.

... I pray CAG doen't turn into RFD ever. The wingnuts here are entertaining and nothing more, just the way I like it. :razz:[/quote]

Yech, the more we get mentioned the more chances of "goodwill" members immigrating here. I'm sure we have lots of lurkers here already lurking away like the cockroaches they are.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']we know that RFD is tthere but do RFDers know CAG? always wondered about this[/quote]

If we @&*(^*&%#ing keep talking about it they will! Don't jinx it!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I've seen it mentioned several times there, so some do know. Definitely MJM knows, he's been on here a few times trying to "help" us out with "exclusive" deals.[/quote]

Do those deals involve his scrap deals? He seems like one of those guys who'd keep it to himself as long as possible and then giving us the leftovers.

Godamn we gotta lock down registering here ~_~

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I've seen it mentioned several times there, so some do know. Definitely MJM knows, he's been on here a few times trying to "help" us out with "exclusive" deals.[/quote]
hahaha I remember when he first started posting here and he had his "Favourite Poster 2007" tag on his name, and gamer602 just riipppped into him, I had a good laugh that day. And really, it's not that hard to get 50,000 posts on RFD. 30 posts a day for 5 years isn't tooo hard, but only 1% of his posts are actually worth a damn. I usually check CAG before I check RFD now, since all the worthwhile deals appear on here first, or folks like Firestorm migrate the good gaming deals from RFD anyways. I Heart CAG. :grouphug:

[quote name='neksus']Hey, quick question for you guys...does mahjong maniac have a job? He is on RFD constantly. Who the hell has time for 50000 posts...[/quote]

Not only does he NOT have a job, he still lives with mommy and daddy and never leaves the house. Sory but that guy is a total loser, ive never seen anyone with anything close to as many posts that he has.

[quote name='jonkaho']is Grappos the guy that buys all these 360 games (does not own a 360) and trades them in for PS3 games?[/quote]

Nah hes the loser who buys PS3 games to have them sit nice and pretty on his shelf. He doesnt even play them. He buys them cause theyre cheap and half of them he ends up returning, like wtf. The dudes got problems.

now now children, lets not stoop to the level of the damned.

ripping on them isn't going to help better the community of CAG, which i love the most...cuz its awesome.:applause:

lets just try to make CAG one of the best educated deals forum, shall we?

Just got back from my local BBV, traded in

Splinter Cell: Double Agent (360)
Harry Potter OOTP (360)
The Darkness (360)
Mass Effect (360)
Turning Point (360)
Kameo (360)
and Lair (PS3)

$10 for each, even though a few of those games are selling for $10 or less at the same store.

Didn't know about Lair, should've double checked before I left. But after doing some quick math I still came out on top. Only 2 of the games qualify for EB's T3G1F deal unfortunately. And any business I can keep away from EB is a plus in my book.

you could have baught a title at EB for 9.99-15.99 and then trade it right away as a part of T3G1F? thats what i did with RSV for ps3... anyway, why so down on EB?

[quote name='Ltrain']Just got back from my local BBV, traded in

Splinter Cell: Double Agent (360)
Harry Potter OOTP (360)
The Darkness (360)
Mass Effect (360)

Turning Point (360)
Kameo (360)
and Lair (PS3)

$10 for each, even though a few of those games are selling for $10 or less at the same store.[/quote]

Bolded qualifies for EB's T3G1F for sure. What did you end up getting for $60 TIV in BBV? You can't get a $59.99 game with it. BBV ask you to pay tax while EB does not.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Bolded qualifies for EB's T3G1F for sure. What did you end up getting for $60 TIV in BBV? You can't get a $59.99 game with it. BBV ask you to pay tax while EB does not.[/quote]

I got $70 credit and bought Tomb Raider Underworld for the wife and Pineapple Express on Blu Ray.

bread's done
Back