Can DS connect to the Wii...or am I insane?

nodnarb10

CAG Veteran
I thought I remembered hearing that you could connect the DS to the Wii. Does anyone remember this? If so, have they commented on when this would happen.

Yeah, but you need a DS lite.

You just slide the DS (w/game inside) into the vertical slot, its a tight fit, so you've gotta push pretty hard your first time through.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Yeah, but you need a DS lite.

You just slide the DS (w/game inside) into the vertical slot, its a tight fit, so you've gotta push pretty hard your first time through.[/quote]

*waits for a 'TEH DS BROKE MY WIIWII' thread*

I remember reading about this, but everything I've read seems to be speculation.

It could potentially be the best thing about the two consoles, but I've a feeling it'll just be treated like the GBA gamecude connectivity.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Yeah, but you need a DS lite.

You just slide the DS (w/game inside) into the vertical slot, its a tight fit, so you've gotta push pretty hard your first time through.[/QUOTE]

WOW...that really didn't work....I'm going to try the SD slot instead.

The Wii should be able to provide a wireless internet connection to the DS.

Is this not actually true? Cuz Nintendo is insane if they didn't do this.

the DS is able to connect to the Wii (thought probably not get internet from it, though that would be amazing). But I don't think there's any use for it at the moment.

Like others said, no use at the moment. But if we are lucky, we might see a Demo DS Channel to where we can download demos from our Wii to our DS like the Demo Stations set up. However, at this point this is just my speculation.

[quote name='Judhudson']Like others said, no use at the moment. But if we are lucky, we might see a Demo DS Channel to where we can download demos from our Wii to our DS like the Demo Stations set up. However, at this point this is just my speculation.[/QUOTE]

This would be a great move on Nintendo's part. A cool function and free marketing.

Hooking it up to use for demo's is nice, but I would like them to be able to put your VC titles onto your SD Card and hook it up to your DS for some handheld fun. That would be a great idea IMO.

[quote name='defmonkey05']Hooking it up to use for demo's is nice, but I would like them to be able to put your VC titles onto your SD Card and hook it up to your DS for some handheld fun. That would be a great idea IMO.[/QUOTE]

You and everyone else brother. You and everyone else. Sadly I don't think Nintendo will go for it. It will probably open them up to piracy problems.

The DS Demo thing was confirmed a while back wasn't it? I can't wait for that. Definitely a cool little feature. Did anyone else notice that you add new channels from the WiiStore? Hopefully they don't start charging to add them.

[quote name='Corvin']You and everyone else brother. You and everyone else. Sadly I don't think Nintendo will go for it. It will probably open them up to piracy problems.

The DS Demo thing was confirmed a while back wasn't it? I can't wait for that. Definitely a cool little feature. Did anyone else notice that you add new channels from the WiiStore? Hopefully they don't start charging to add them.[/quote]

I thought the piracy thing would be a factor too. But I thought they could make their own SD Cards (like they are now) and make them only to be used on a DS or a Wii, so you can transfer files.

I just hope that the Big N finds away to do this, because people wouldn't be so moody playing NES games on their DS instead of their 720 p HDTV's.

C'mon, its HD, and Mario is all 8-BIT Baby!

[quote name='nodnarb10']WOW...that really didn't work....I'm going to try the SD slot instead.[/QUOTE]
because DS is SD backwards... and vice versa..

now im scared :shock:

[quote name='CouRageouS']because DS is SD backwards... and vice versa..

now im scared :shock:[/quote]

Yea, I was trying to type SD and I kept on typing DS. It took me 4 tries to actually get SD instead of DS.

I would be scared too.

bread's done
Back