[CAN] Free Midnight Blue DSiXL Contest - GS/EB

Ranzo

CAGiversary!
I have not seen this posted yet.

You need a DS and a copy of the game.

Come to these EB GameStop locations on Saturday, July 31 from 2pm - 4pm, to download an exclusive map and trade maps with others using tag-mode. Participants will have the chance to win a Midnight Blue DSi XL!

4700 Kingsway, Unit 1159 – Burnaby, BC
6551 No. 3 Road, Unite 1512 – Richmond, BC
3147 Douglas Street, Unit 653– Victoria, BC
650 West 41st Ave., Cru #403 – Vancouver, BC
2929 Barnet Hwy., Space 2432 – Port Coquitlam, BC
2965 Guildford Town Centre, Unit 2264 – Surrey, BC
110-333 Brooksbank Ave – North Vancouver, BC
Ro47-3625 Shaganappi Trail Nw, Unit 34-a – Calgary, AB
11100 51 Ave Nw – Edmonton, AB
2525-36th Street Ne, Space# 122 – Calgary, AB
19 Riedel St, Unit 105 – Ft Mcmurray, AB
2965 Gordon Road, Space 0060a – Regina, SK
86-1225 St. Mary's Road, Space #129 – Winnipeg, MB
66q-1485 Portage Avenue, Unit 161a – Winnipeg, MB
25 Peel Centre Drive, Space # 253b – Brampton, ON
100 City Centre Drive, Space 2-115 – Mississauga, ON
550 King St North – Waterloo, ON
3401 Dufferin Street, Unit 121 – North York, ON
1800 Sheppard Ave, East, Unit U275 – Willowdale, ON
220 Yonge Street, Suite 110 Box 511 – Toronto, ON
245-1 Bass Pro Mills Dr – Vaughan, ON
50 Rideau Street, Unit 129 – Ottawa, ON
1355 Kingston Rd., Unit 144, Pickering, ON
419 King Street West, Unit #2222 – Oshawa, ON
6801 Trans-canada Highway, Unit #c024 – Pte Claire, PQ
677, St. Catherine Street West, Local M-20 – Montreal, PQ
1381 Regent Street, Unit L001 – Fredericton, NB
21 Mic Mac Boulevard, Unit 167 – Dartmouth, NS
48 Kenmount Road, Unit 2155 – St John’s, NF

*edit - This list from the website does not seem to be every store involved. Maybe Call your local store and ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst

tease

title

ever

xweetok_baby_cry.gif

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Map for what?[/QUOTE]

Dragon Quest IX. It's got a mode called Tag Mode where you can trade items with other players who have the game. I assume the exclusive map is going to be a giveaway set up on the DS download station.

[quote name='Mr.']Is there some draw at each of those locations or is it a draw for just one DSi XL?[/QUOTE]

Each.

Looks like I'll be hitting up the EB at the end of the month. Too bad there aren't more places that will have unlocks for maps.

[quote name='Median']Dragon Quest IX. It's got a mode called Tag Mode where you can trade items with other players who have the game. I assume the exclusive map is going to be a giveaway set up on the DS download station.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I had no idea what he was talking about. That's a cool feature.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Thanks, I had no idea what he was talking about. That's a cool feature.[/QUOTE]

It's huge in Japan since they all have and play their DS in public so much. In Canada, not so much. We're just so spread out. Maybe in school yards, but for us grown up gamers this is a great idea I think. I'll feel pretty nerdy going but I'm definitely considering it. No other way to get the content otherwise.

I think I'll check my local stores in Calgary. This will probably be the only chance I'll ever have to get any connectivity with other Dragon Quest IX players. Do we go in store and talk to the clerks to enter the contest?

Neat, I just physically wrote this down on my wall calender so I don't forget. I'm not too worried about winning anything, but a DQ meet sounds awesome. I'm totally breaking out my DQ8 t-shirt :)

Read the post I was replying to wrong; ah well. But now I have more reason to try to get this DSi; a third player for DQ9.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']It's huge in Japan since they all have and play their DS in public so much. In Canada, not so much. We're just so spread out. Maybe in school yards, but for us grown up gamers this is a great idea I think. I'll feel pretty nerdy going but I'm definitely considering it. No other way to get the content otherwise.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I've been into Peace Walker for the last month and it's designed for ad-hoc co-op but I have no friends with PSP so I can only play solo. Feels like I'm missing out.

Well if you have a PS3, then you can download AdHoc Party which allows you to connect your local wifi only multiplayer PSP game with other PSP gamers of the same game sync'ed with a PS3 with AdHoc Party.

Several downfalls unfortunately, 1: You PS3 has to be online via ethernet since it's using the wireless to communicate with your PSP; 2: You need to own a 300 dollar accessory to do this (ie a PS3); 3: Not all games run perfectly.

But at least it's a free download. :p

I'm aware of that software but the problem is it's not practical for me to get my PS3 hooked up wired in my house. I was thinking about a workaround where you wire the PS3 to a laptop and then wifi the laptop to my router, but I don't know if I want to go through that hassle. Apparently it's possible though.

You can buy an adapter that can covert an ethernet port to wireless. I used one on my original Xbox back in the day and it worked a treat. I still have it sitting in a box in my storage room I believe (when I built my home 5 years ago I ran ethernet to every room in the house so I don't need it anymore). I found one starting at $50 used on Amazon. Perhaps there is a newer/cheaper model out there now though.

Interesting idea though, I didn't know it existed. My PS3 is wired so I could probably try it one day. Anyone know if you can you do something smilar on the DSi with the Wii for DQIX multi player by any chance?

I've done quite a bit of reading and asking around on other forums, and it doesn't seem like there is any way to play "local" DS multiplayer over Wi-Fi. Really disappointing considering the number of DS games that only work locally.

Well, I'm quite pleased with today's event. I got a free t-shirt just for showing up (it's an awesome shirt IMO), and I half filled my guestbook. Also seeing as my guestbook is only half full, it means next to nobody showed up... Plus I went with my brother who also got an entry, collectively that's better than a 1 in 10 chance of a free XL :D

Soooo, anybody know if Canada is getting the Estark and Malroth maps that are going to be handed out next down in the States. I'd consider driving down for them, but I don't even have a passport...

I tagged 25 people at Square One. No luck on the DSi XL draw, but they also had a draw for the DQIX standee and four slime shirts (extra large), plus one of the guys that works there decided to give up his shirt -- which he was wearing. I'm surprised at the number of DQ fans, but also rather disappointed that Nintendo or Square Enix couldn't have spared some of the numerous slime loot they have over in Japan to promote these events. Winning the DSi XL would've been sweet, but the fact that you need a DS in order to enter the draw makes it rather silly. Give us some slime keychains or something.

bread's done
Back