Can gamestop (store) really tell me no more harderend edition

wellconnected

CAGiversary!
I went the other day to move my preorder to the hardened edition from the regular and they told me i cant the guy said online might show them but we don't have them we "only get a certain amount" is this guy for real? I may have to return the game once i get it for credit and see if someone cancels theirs. :roll:

this is MW3 by the way xbox edition

It is possible that they were allotted a certain amount. Try calling other gamestops in your area. They might have some available for pre-order.

[quote name='wellconnected']I went the other day to move my preorder to the hardened edition from the regular and they told me i cant the guy said online might show them but we don't have them we "only get a certain amount" is this guy for real? I may have to return the game once i get it for credit and see if someone cancels theirs. :roll:

this is MW3 by the way xbox edition[/QUOTE]
Go to Best Buy. You can still preorder there.

[quote name='Gimgak']A private business doing what they want? The horror![/QUOTE]

:roll:

I used a store credit and only need about $20 more to pay it off. Ill just wait till release day

Here's a solution OP:

Why didn't you pre-order it sooner if you knew you would want one of the special editions(ya misspelled HARDENED btw;))? There really is no one else to blame but yourself for waiting as long as you did to pre-order, as companies sometimes are only given as many SE/CE/LE's as are pre-ordered and they DO usually have a cutoff date for doing so.

[quote name='Vader582']Go to Best Buy. You can still preorder there.[/QUOTE]

Just because you can preorder it doesn't mean you will get it.

See: Dark Souls CE

[quote name='LordVila']Just because you can preorder it doesn't mean you will get it.

See: Dark Souls CE[/QUOTE]
Fair enough but his chances are obviously better than begging at his GS.

[quote name='whodeybengals9']I was told the same thing at my local gamestop so I pre-ordered at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Change that 9 to a 14 :)

Gamestop has removed the SKU for the Hardened edition a few weeks back now, no more pre-orders for the 360 for that edition. Try Amazon, Best Buy, NewEgg, etc or ebay/craigslist after it releases.

They can tell you whatever they want. They tell me they're going to give me 20 dollars for a game that I paid 60 for so they can turn around and make another 54.99... so then I tell them to eat a bowl... lots of telling going on there.
I'm really surprised there isn't an unlimited amount of hardened editions to be pre-ordered. It seems like they are just limiting their sales that way.

[quote name='Odinsfury']They can tell you whatever they want. They tell me they're going to give me 20 dollars for a game that I paid 60 for so they can turn around and make another 54.99... so then I tell them to eat a bowl... lots of telling going on there.
I'm really surprised there isn't an unlimited amount of hardened editions to be pre-ordered. It seems like they are just limiting their sales that way.[/QUOTE]

So limited editions should be unlimited?

Obviously they have run out of allocation, however most retail establishments (especially gamestop) don't actually hold product, they sell-through. So unless the hardened edition is actually super-limited (which it most likely will not be) then you can just walk in and buy one as long as you aren't a dick about it.

Also: it's only $10 different to buy the regular and elite, and I THINK you can buy Elite w/ ms points so if worst comes to worst and you can't wait you can just buy the game itsself and MS points since you have credit at the store. I would just wait though, because that edition isn't actually going to be limited. It's an easy way to (in my opinon) trick people into spending an additional $40 because they think it's a $10 savings from normal Elite price when really it's an unneccessary add-on that costs almost as much as the game itsself! /rant

[quote name='bob101910']So limited editions should be unlimited?[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying that all. I said I was surprised. Activision is pumping out Call of Duty games to make money. It's just that when companies like Activision actually make a limited edition limited I am surprised.

bread's done
Back