Can I do anything about a seller that lies about his method of shipping?

My Name Is BoB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I bought something that was supposed to be shipped priority mail, but the seller decided to hold it for two weeks before shipping it. Is there anything I can do for any kind of reimbursement?

say youd like a partial refund for shipping or else youll leave a neg. Elxplain how he held the item for 2 weeks. If I did that, Id expect a person to ask for a refund and Id give them one.

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']I bought something that was supposed to be shipped priority mail, but the seller decided to hold it for two weeks before shipping it. Is there anything I can do for any kind of reimbursement?[/QUOTE]

Did you pay with a check?

If you neg, watch out for the "revenge negative" most certainly coming your way. Unless of course, he already left feedback.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']say youd like a partial refund for shipping or else youll leave a neg. Elxplain how he held the item for 2 weeks. If I did that, Id expect a person to ask for a refund and Id give them one.[/QUOTE]

I did that a few days ago and this was his reply.

"i couldnt give 2 fucks what u write. do what u want"

I filed a complaint with paypal, but so far nothing. I got it in the mail today and it states it was shipped on Monday, almost 2 weeks after I won it. He even lied about that too, saying he shipped it on the Wednesday 1 week after the auction. I got his phone number, and he'll be getting repeated 3 a.m. calls if he doesn't give me a partial refund.

He already left postitive by the way.

CALL Paypal and make them tell you what their timeline is. Get the person's name and hold them to it. Do the Paypal side all by phone and force them to deal with you.

Leave Negative feedback and comment on his response (without typing out the F-word of course, or Ebay will remove it). If he hadn't been such a jerk about it I would say let it go, but feedback is meant to give honest warning to future buyers so do your civic duty.

The first time you call someone you're in the clear. In fact, you're in the clear until they tell you not to call back again, then it becomes an issue of potential legal harassment (depending on whether or not you're trying to get money that is leally owed to you or whether you're just...well, harassing). FYI on phone call etiquette.

You did get your item so I don't think PayPal will do anything. I guess you can give it a try, but I don't think they do partial refunds for slow shipping. If they do please update us here. From your last post I'm assuming you filed an item not received complaint before getting it? You've gone back and updated the complaint that you received your stuff, right?

Since he isn't willing to refund the shipping, leave the FB you feel he deserves and move on.

He took a little too long to ship. Middle of the night phone calls in retaliation is competely over the top IMO.

[quote name='chosen1s']The first time you call someone you're in the clear. In fact, you're in the clear until they tell you not to call back again, then it becomes an issue of potential legal harassment (depending on whether or not you're trying to get money that is leally owed to you or whether you're just...well, harassing). FYI on phone call etiquette.[/QUOTE]

Or just call from a payphone.

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']I did that a few days ago and this was his reply.

"i couldnt give 2 fucks what u write. do what u want"

I filed a complaint with paypal, but so far nothing. I got it in the mail today and it states it was shipped on Monday, almost 2 weeks after I won it. He even lied about that too, saying he shipped it on the Wednesday 1 week after the auction. I got his phone number, and he'll be getting repeated 3 a.m. calls if he doesn't give me a partial refund.

He already left postitive by the way.[/QUOTE]

Woah! Link to his auctions?

People do this all the time, it's why I normally don't buy auctions with priority shipping since it really doesn't help much when someone waits a week to send the item out.

A seller with a whopping 2 feedback. I'm not the least bit surprised you are having a problem. Did he send it Priority, but only delay the shipping?

I would tell him that you want a refund (or partial refund) for the delayed shipping. If he says no, then tell him that you will be leaving a negative feedback. You *might* suggest that only having 3 total feedback with one of them being a negative might inhibit his ability to sell and that the refund is totally his decision.

You have your positive, so neg him if you need to.

TBW

I'm just happy when I get items I order off Ebay...2 weeks isn't that bad. I usually wait till around the 4th week and then file a Paypal claim to get my money back. I've had plenty of people never send me my items but I've always got my money back.

I'm not sure what Ebay's policy is, but I think sellers have 2 weeks to ship to you after you pay before you file any sort of complaint. This guy was probably inside the window. I know you have to wait 2 weeks to file on a buyer tha doesn't pay.

Wait!

You won a Gamecube console for only $10? That's awesome!

Wait, nevermind. You had to pay $20 shipping?! WTF?!?!

Wait for a response from paypal. If you can't get a partial refund on shipping, give the seller one more chance. Then negative him. What an ass.

[quote name='b3b0p']Wait!

You won a Gamecube console for only $10? That's awesome!

Wait, nevermind. You had to pay $20 shipping?! WTF?!?!

Wait for a response from paypal. If you can't get a partial refund on shipping, give the seller one more chance. Then negative him. What an ass.[/quote]

And it's a broken Gamecube. :cold:

Does it really matter? With eBay the way it is, just be happy you got the item AND positive feedback. It's about the best you can hope for these days... also, there might be valid personal reasons why he didn't ship it out so fast although he could have emailed to let you know. It sucks but I'd just drop it.

I just had the same thing happen to me

Won the item around MARCH 29

Mar-29-06 15:47:01 PST
Shipping costs: US $5.00
US Postal Service Priority Mail®
Ships to: United States
Item location: Mineral Bluff, GA, United

the person comes out with Crap why they cant send it out and they finally sent it out Monday FIRST CLASS MAIL

i just wrote back to him telling im keeping the envlope as proof they shipped the game First class and i paid for Priority service and if he doesnt get back to me by tomorrow im going to report his ass to ebay and paypal and dispute the charge

What a freaking idoit takes 14 days to get here dont even send it right

they already left a postive for me so i can NEG the hell out of their account and break their perfect 100% post... LOL

He was a dick and dishonest about when he shipped it. Give him a neg on slow shipping,if you want. He didn't lie about the method of shipping. He shipped it priority mail,it not like you paided for priority mail and he sent it by parcel post or media mail. If his discreption is correct and the items where as described he didn't rip you off. He just was slow to ship and he shouldn't of lied about when he sent.By law a seller has a month to ship. In the future,bid on auction where the seller has more feedback and is known to ship fast.

If he shipped by a different method,the only thing the person would owe you is the shipping differnce. You got a gc for 30 buxs that now works and 2 memory cards.

finally got ahold of paypal and there is nothing that you can do .... a seller can Say they will ship one way but ship another ... there are no rules againstit

you can only file a disput if

the item is the wrong item (say its red and they send you blue)
the item is broken

they said all you can do is try to contract the seller and leave Neg. feedback.. there is nothing paypal can do

(also a seller has up to 30 days to send the item out)

bread's done
Back