Can I do this, somehow? (Amazon related)

xparasite

CAG Veteran
Here's my problem; a couple of months ago, I got a free month trial of Amazon Prime. I took this opportunity to pre-order pretty much every game in the foreseeable future and take advantage of the free 2-day shipping (and some, free release date delivery). Recently, though, I found a little "flaw" in my system. See, some games I pre-ordered, like Mass Effect 2, give me a $10 credit towards another game purchase, and I have to use this credit by, like, 2/28.

What I want to know is, is there any way to add that credit to a pre-order I've already placed on a future release? I don't want to cancel any of them and re-order, because than I lose that free 2-day/ release date delivery, yanno? At the same time, I've already pre-ordered the games I want for the future, and I don't want to buy a game I'm more iffy on, just to use the credit; but I also don't want the credit to go to waste. :/ I can't figure out any way to do this, though, so I'm asking here, just in case I've overlooked something, or some one knows a little "trick" to it, or something.

[quote name='xparasite']Here's my problem; a couple of months ago, I got a free month trial of Amazon Prime. I took this opportunity to pre-order pretty much every game in the foreseeable future and take advantage of the free 2-day shipping (and some, free release date delivery). Recently, though, I found a little "flaw" in my system. See, some games I pre-ordered, like Mass Effect 2, give me a $10 credit towards another game purchase, and I have to use this credit by, like, 2/28.

What I want to know is, is there any way to add that credit to a pre-order I've already placed on a future release? I don't want to cancel any of them and re-order, because than I lose that free 2-day/ release date delivery, yanno? At the same time, I've already pre-ordered the games I want for the future, and I don't want to buy a game I'm more iffy on, just to use the credit; but I also don't want the credit to go to waste. :/ I can't figure out any way to do this, though, so I'm asking here, just in case I've overlooked something, or some one knows a little "trick" to it, or something.[/QUOTE]

Video Game Deals - The best video game deals in the world are here. Only registered CAGs have full access.
DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

don't rip amazon off that's NOT COOL

also this is not the correct forum, people will get fussy. in the future you may wish to try the "deal/shopping discussion" subforum, as this one here is meant only for posting specific deals.

Ah, sorry about posting in the wrong place. >_< I don't often do a lot of posting around here, I typically just hop on every now and then to see if there's any good deals around. Didn't realize I was in the wrong place.

Sounds like in a nutshell you want to try to apply a $10 credit to an existing order because canceling/re-purchasing would result in losing the 2 day shipping?

If I've got that right then all you need to do is ask customer service to apply that credit to an order, if they allow it then you're good to go and Amazon is pretty good about that stuff.

Just don't take it out on them if you can't :)

Yeah, technically you can't do that, but people have reported some success by just calling customer service and asking. Very YMMV depending on who you talk to.

bread's done
Back