Can I login to my Live profile on a friends console and play the games I've purchased

hutno

CAGiversary!
I figure this is a no but was just curious. I know if I bring my harddrive and log onto live I can access this stuff. I was just curious if this was also possible. I'm finding myself on vacation and my harddrive 3000 miles away. Thanks.

Yeah. Me and my roommate go back and forth on our profiles (on USB sticks), we generally purchase different games and play each others.

When you get onto the machine, you have to redownload the purchased game (even if it's already on as a demo) and you will be set.

You can also do "recover gamertag" at your friend's house. You can both play the games you've purchased for as long as you're signed in to Live on their console. Once you recover/sign-in back home, their access to your games will be gone.

I've heard odd notions about recover gamertag. One person thought you could only do it a certain amount of times, others do it on a weekly basis (many, many times) instead of doing the USB method.

yeah some people come over my house and recover thier gamertag like every week or 2 (and then go home and do it again)

[quote name='BigPopov']yeah some people come over my house and recover thier gamertag like every week or 2 (and then go home and do it again)[/QUOTE]

Really, there's no limit? I haven't tried this before because I'm always concerned I'll somehow lose access to the games/songs/etc I own back home. But that hasn't been a problem for anyone in your experience?

Yes, this should be perfectly fine. Just don't buy anything NEW on the "roaming" machine, because the DRM would be tied to that machine, not your own. And having your profile on a USB drive would certainly be a lot faster, but yes, recovering your gamertag will allow you to also use your downloadable content.

yeah, all downloads are tied to your Gamertag and the console ID (not the hard drive or storage device). The console ID allows other gamertags to access the DLC without signing in to XBL.

Does the recover gamertag take awhile? I did it once and it took 8 minutes, but I cant' remember if it was a crappy connection. How long should it take?

Yeah, it usually takes awhile. I would just recommend picking up a cheap USB thumbdrive to carry your profile on, that way you can take your saves with you as well.

bread's done
Back