Can I return a PS3 slim to Gamestop if its defective?

Anal Tyrant

CAGiversary!
I bought it new 12 days ago, and it sometimes won't shut off properly, just blinking the green light for 30 minutes.
Its got me very worried, so I'm wondering if I can exchange it for another one.
I know they don't return new games if opened, but the policy doesn't mention anything about new consoles.

Return, likely no. Exchange, likely yes. You could probably have them swap it for another new console. I think you get 30 days on hardware.

Perfect! That's what I meant to say. Exchange this one for another new slim.
I just want to have some peace of mind and know that my 200 dollars weren't in vain. (AKA the 100 dollar off coupon from last week haha ^^)

While the PS3 is years better than the 360 as far as reliability, you never know what GS has done to it beforehand. I'd fully expect you can exchange it (they'll probably just tape it up and give it to the next guy).

yeah, that guy up there is just badmouthing gamestop. Perhaps his store sucks, but the store I work in actually really tries to help the customer. Just bring it back to any store with a valid receipt within 30 days and you can exchange it for another new one.

Hope you like your new PS3 that was only 199.99!

[quote name='Kristopher']yeah, that guy up there is just badmouthing gamestop. Perhaps his store sucks, but the store I work in actually really tries to help the customer. Just bring it back to any store with a valid receipt within 30 days and you can exchange it for another new one.

Hope you like your new PS3 that was only 199.99![/QUOTE]

Gamestop sucks.

bread's done
Back