Can PAL games be played on NTSC ps3 consoles?

daladezman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I've been hearing conflicting reports about this. Certain sites such as dvd.co.uk and thehut.com are selling Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank as well as other games for real cheap. These are the PAL versions of the games, however, and I was wondering if ALL PAL versions are playable on the North American consoles.

I've heard that this is only possible on an HDTV, which is fine because that is how mine is set up, but otherwise I would like to know before I pull the trigger on these nice deals. I want to make sure its not just certain games, but all games that work.

Thanks

[quote name='daladezman']I've been hearing conflicting reports about this. Certain sites such as dvd.co.uk and thehut.com are selling Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank as well as other games for real cheap. These are the PAL versions of the games, however, and I was wondering if ALL PAL versions are playable on the North American consoles.

I've heard that this is only possible on an HDTV, which is fine because that is how mine is set up, but otherwise I would like to know before I pull the trigger on these nice deals. I want to make sure its not just certain games, but all games that work.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can play the pal version of games on your ps3. PS3 isn't region locked as far as games go. Why on earth would you think you had to have a hdtv to do so?

bread's done
Back