[CAN] PS3/Xbox 360 Hori Arcade Sticks Available @ Amazon.ca!

Hm... I'm considering this one. I already have a custom Sanwa stick but a spare would be nice so I'm not sticking my guests with a gamepad when they're over. I'd be modding it with Sanwa parts for sure, though, so that'd bring it to at least $100 total.

Does anyone know if this is an especially good deal? Or can I find similar prices for moddable sticks elsewhere?

I'd check EB for one of the SF4 $99 arcade sticks. Much easier to mod with a bigger sturdier base.

If youre just looking for a decent arcade stick you can't go wrong with the HORI

The 360 stick is a pain to mod but the price is pretty decent. So if you're willing to deal with a headache and mod this thing, go for it, if not, I'd say look elsewhere.

[quote name='chrisryans']The 360 stick is a pain to mod but the price is pretty decent. So if you're willing to deal with a headache and mod this thing, go for it, if not, I'd say look elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Ditto the PS3 one. Madcatz SE or go big with an HRAP 3/EX, MadCatz TE. Visit the CAG Arcade Stick thread.

Supposedly these are really hard to mod with sanwa parts (I've never done it myself but I've read its a major undertaking). Unfortunately, the cheapest was the get a sanwa part stick right now would be to mod a madcatz se.

Is there any reason for a casual fighter to mod a stick? This Hori one seems like a good one to get if someone just wants to have one.
There is someone in my city selling a used ps3 one, not sure on price, he just said OBO on the ad.
I was thinking on seeing if I can get it for $25 or $30, anything I should check on or be careful when looking at it?

[quote name='strife18']Is there any reason for a casual fighter to mod a stick? This Hori one seems like a good one to get if someone just wants to have one.
There is someone in my city selling a used ps3 one, not sure on price, he just said OBO on the ad.
I was thinking on seeing if I can get it for $25 or $30, anything I should check on or be careful when looking at it?[/QUOTE]

If you're a casual player, the Hori stick should be fine.

I have a Hori Soul Calibur one, and I've put well over 100 hours on it, and it works fine.

I've recently got the TE stick, and imo, there isn't too much difference yet. While the TE is definitely sturdier and the joystick is tougher, it hasn't made too much difference simply because I'm used to the smaller size of the Hori stick. While I occasionally whiff a move on the Hori stick, right now it's harder to do moves on the TE.

K thx.
I'll have to wait for a cheaper one though. This guy just said he won't take less than $50 for his perfect shape, with box, hori stick.
Even if it is like new, I might as well pay $5 more and get it from Amazon. But I will wait till I can find one cheaper. Cause you know...I am a CAG and all

Ya I know, but it is not that big of a deal if I don't use one. I am fine with using analog, but if the right deal does come along I will pick up a stick.

bread's done
Back