Can someone buy a limited edition CD for me? I'll pay in full obviously.

Lazer77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (100%)
Its an in-store item only and its nowhere near my area.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Order+O...skuId=1099433&st=order of the black&lp=1&cp=1

It costs $20-25, and I would throw $5 on top of that for shipping. I cannot afford more now unfortunately but I have been trying to get this since it was released a few weeks ago, and I want it so damn bad lol.

Can anyone pick this up from their store, assuming its in stock, and I will pay in full to have it picked up and shipped? It would mean the world to me.

In none of the stores around here either, otherwise I wouldn't have minded helping out. Sorry dude. Good luck though :p

It says its in stock near my apartment... then again its a pretty backwards best buy so the stock might not be accurate. Which is weird, since it was built last year :/

I would love to offer at least some money for the help, I am just on a tight budget as of lately, and I had money set aside for this for awhile. :[

So I checked near me, Auburn CA 2795 Bell Rd, Auburn, CA 95603
Map & Directions

In store only
I'm going to Auburn tomorrow to visit a friend, if you'd like I can go check if they have it. I'm assuming that means it's in the store, since the others I searched said not available.

Yeah if you could that would be incredibly awesome. If you end up getting it I can Paypal the money over to you by tomorrow night.

I don't think they have sizes on the box, but if there is a large can you get that? If they don't have that, then don't worry about it. If it doesn't say the size, then I'll just risk it.

Yeah, I'll check for you no problem. If you want, you can PM me your cell phone number and I can text you if it's there or not so you do not have to wait 'til I get home late tomorrow night if I was able to get it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but items only show up as available at Best Buys if there are 3 or more in stock at the location, right? So, it might actually be there without showing as available on the store tracker.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Correct me if I'm wrong, but items only show up as available at Best Buys if there are 3 or more in stock at the location, right? So, it might actually be there without showing as available on the store tracker.[/QUOTE]

^ This.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Correct me if I'm wrong, but items only show up as available at Best Buys if there are 3 or more in stock at the location, right? So, it might actually be there without showing as available on the store tracker.[/QUOTE]

This is true.
Op have you called your local store and asked them to do a search? Searches done at store level will show even 1 copy at a nearby location.
I've been pleasantly surprised more than once.

I've actually looked at the Best Buy near where I go to school, and they had zero. I also checked two back at home, and they also had zero.

I don't know if that is accurate though, because I called a Best Buy a good 2 hours away where my friend lives, the guy told me they have 2 in stock. Maybe they had more in the back or something. Regardless my friend wasn't able to make the trip :[

But hey guys I really appreciate you guys doing this for me, even checking means a lot. I am not used to people online being this helpful, but you guys are awesome. As of now I will wait on Beatofficer, I sent him my number, so hopefully this will work out.

There is one Best Buy that has it but it's in a whole other zip code from me. If I find anyone going there anytime soon, I'll tell them to look for it.

Damn, I was really surprised this sold out at my local Best Buy on release day by noon (when I got off work). Since then, I haven't been able to find one for the life of me.

I live in Midland, Texas and the only one they have in store for me is just the CD for $14.99. I looked online and saw that South Austin, Austin, Tx ((512)-892-7550) and South Park Mall, San Antonio, Tx ((210)932-2054) say they have one.

So if you could find a CAG member who was from either Austin, Tx or San Antonio, Tx, they could get it for you but as for me all I can get you is the CD by itself.

Sorry!

Hi OP.

One of the BBs next to where my wife works says they have some in stock. I will check this evening when I go to pick her up and let you know what I find. If I see one I'll grab it for you if you still need it.

Adam

Definitely man! Especially if its $14.99, if not then hold off a little more. I need to get some money saved up first.

[quote name='Lazer77']Definitely man! Especially if its $14.99, if not then hold off a little more. I need to get some money saved up first.[/QUOTE]

A few posts up, the other guy was referring to the CD ONLY edition being $14.99 NOT the Limited Ed.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']A few posts up, the other guy was referring to the CD ONLY edition being $14.99 NOT the Limited Ed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the limited is $24.99.

I only have one around me, but it's like 30 miles away, so unless you're willing to cover the gas and the fantastic California sales tax, I got nothing.

Is it just me or has anyone else figured out that shipping is gonna cost a good buck if the OP were to ask for someone to ship one of those shirt/CD combos and that it might run over their $25 estimate?

You could try to cram it in a flat rate envelope and hope the set didn't cost too much to buy in the first place, but the $25 estimate is probably a bit off.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is it just me or has anyone else figured out that shipping is gonna cost a good buck if the OP were to ask for someone to ship one of those shirt/CD combos and that it might run over their $25 estimate?

You could try to cram it in a flat rate envelope and hope the set didn't cost too much to buy in the first place, but the $25 estimate is probably a bit off.[/QUOTE]

Since it technically counts as a CD, it qualifies for Media Mail, so it wouldn't be astronomical, but $5 is still not a great cover even if it was Media Mail since I would assume that thing is pretty heavy looking at the pictures.

[quote name='Squarehard']Since it technically counts as a CD, it qualifies for Media Mail, so it wouldn't be astronomical, but $5 is still not a great cover even if it was Media Mail since I would assume that thing is pretty heavy looking at the pictures.[/QUOTE]
Nooooooooo.#-o Media Mail is such a slow rate it isn't even funny. It was typically taking two weeks for every package I sent Media. That's why I ONLY use first class or Priority flat rate anymore.

Plus if you sent the CD with the t-shirt from the package and they inspected it en route, chances are they would be sending it back and you'd have to pay for shipping it again. What are the chances someone on a 'set budget' for this kind of set wouldn't scoff at paying again for your cheapness on shipping?

I've had people DEMAND I send stuff Media before. I told them they needed to find another person to buy X or Y item from, since I told them if the item(a game) got sent back for not qualifying for Media they would be paying again for shipping. They laughed.

For the paltry savings over first class or Priority flat rate it's just not worth the hassle.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nooooooooo.#-o Media Mail is such a slow rate it isn't even funny. It was typically taking two weeks for every package I sent Media. That's why I ONLY use first class or Priority flat rate anymore.

Plus if you sent the CD with the t-shirt from the package and they inspected it en route, chances are they would be sending it back and you'd have to pay for shipping it again. What are the chances someone on a 'set budget' for this kind of set wouldn't scoff at paying again for your cheapness on shipping?

I've had people DEMAND I send stuff Media before. I told them they needed to find another person to buy X or Y item from, since I told them if the item(a game) got sent back for not qualifying for Media they would be paying again for shipping. They laughed.

For the paltry savings over first class or Priority flat rate it's just not worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

What I've found, from dealing with Goozex, that one game in a standard bubble envelope, is under 7 oz. If the package you're mailing is under 7 oz., then First Class is actually cheaper than Media Mail.

Just something to keep in mind if this happens to you again.

Exactly. First class ends up being cheaper than Media, but I had people keep demanding I send stuff that rate, even though I warned them it could take up to 2-3 WEEKS.

I'd be willing to throw down $30 shipped. But unfortunately it has to wait awhile. I got all excited that its $14.99 :[ I can find the actual CD most places, but I cannot find the limited edition at all.

Grad school sucks man, I doubt I'll come up with the money for awhile. I'll post back whenever I can afford the investment guys :[

[quote name='Lazer77']I'd be willing to throw down $30 shipped. But unfortunately it has to wait awhile. I got all excited that its $14.99 :[ I can find the actual CD most places, but I cannot find the limited edition at all.

Grad school sucks man, I doubt I'll come up with the money for awhile. I'll post back whenever I can afford the investment guys :[[/QUOTE]

I don't think $30 shipped would cover it, unless somebody really takes pity. At $24.99 plus tax it's going to be almost $27-28 itself. I'd say $35 would probably cover item, tax, and shipping, just barely.

OP,

I stopped by the Best Buy and they have one there. If you want, I can stop back tomorrow and grab it. The package is about the same size as a CD case but about two inches thick. It's very thin cardboard in which the shirt is folded up inside so it might not be that much to ship. And with tax in my county here in MN, the price is around $27 for the CD.

Just let me know.

Adam

I'm going to wait a little while, hopefully I'll go home and work over fall break a little bit and I'll have the money for it. My funds dropped significantly since I started school so when I made this I was in a different situation lol.

bread's done
Back