Can someone post a pic of what the Firefox browser looks like? (inadvertant OTT)

Hope this helps :D

firefoxscreen28gv.jpg

IMO i like it better. I like the tab function, you can have several websites open in one window. Instead of many on the bottom of the screen.

It's the best browser I've ever used. There are some different styles that you can use for buttons and stuff if you're interested. I prefer streamlined and small. Careful though,If you give Firefox a try the "tabbed browsing" feature will get you spoiled and you'll never go back to IE.

[quote name='murcielago77']how do you guys take a picture like that?[/quote]

Just push the "print screen" button on your keyboard, open the built-in program microsoft paint (if you have windows), and just paste it into the program. Now save it as a JPG (or bitmap if you prefer) and you're all set.

[quote name='murcielago77']how do you guys take a picture like that?[/quote]

Press the button on your keyboard in the upperright that says Print Scrn or Print Screen. Now go to MS Paint and paste and it will be a picture of the screen at the time you pressed the button. Also Firefox allows for some nice skins. I use a different one than basketkase is using.

[quote name='Scorch']
toolbaricons.jpg

:shock:[/quote]

What? I don't like a cluttered task bar and I likes me programs easily accessible since I don't like things on the desktop. Much cleaner.

[quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='Scorch']
toolbaricons.jpg

What? I don't like a cluttered task bar and I likes me programs easily accessible since I don't like things on the desktop. Much cleaner.[/quote]

I don't like to have icons on my desktop either, but I haven't gone your route.

desktop0bl.jpg

Of course the taskbar and winamp auto hide.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='Scorch']
toolbaricons.jpg

What? I don't like a cluttered task bar and I likes me programs easily accessible since I don't like things on the desktop. Much cleaner.[/quote]

desktop0bl.jpg

Of course the taskbar and winamp auto hide.[/quote]

So how'd you get rid of the standard windows icons (My Docs, My Computer, Recycle Bin, etc.)? I've been wanting a clean desktop for a while but I keep forgetting to ask my knowledgable friends on how to do it.
Oh ya, I like your wallpaper :wink: :cool:

[quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='Scorch']
toolbaricons.jpg

desktop0bl.jpg

Of course the taskbar and winamp auto hide.[/quote]

So how'd you get rid of the standard windows icons (My Docs, My Computer, Recycle Bin, etc.)? I've been wanting a clean desktop for a while but I keep forgetting to ask my knowledgable friends on how to do it.
Oh ya, I like your wallpaper :wink: :cool:[/quote]

I use TweakUI. Lets you change alot of stuff that's usually not available unless you want to mess with registry settings. I like my wallpaper too, I had to "fix" the one FHM posted so that it would meet my standards. I'm not really a fan of those big ugly letters.

Jaykrue, just incase you didn't know, you can shorten the quick launch section if you wanted to make it smaller so that you wouldn't have about tweny icons at once. See my pic as an example.

[quote name='help1']sblymnlcrymnl, is that program easy to use?[/quote]

Tweak UI? Yeah, I think so. Everything is divided into sections and there are descriptions for each option so you know exactly what it is you're changing.

Everybody says Firefox is better, and I have both FF and IE. However, I am still not sure if I like Firefox better. it takes longer to load. Everyone told me it took less time, and I am on a (super fast) connection. The pictures take a bit longer to load than they do in IE. When I open new pages, they also take a bit of time to load. It is getting annoying. IE doesn't do this at all. The only thing I like is the tabbed browsing. I think I may remove FF if it keeps up...

[quote name='basketkase543']Jaykrue, just incase you didn't know, you can shorten the quick launch section if you wanted to make it smaller so that you wouldn't have about tweny icons at once. See my pic as an example.[/quote]

Ya, I know about it but I don't like the vertical scrolling menu. Besides, I rotate in/out the top 21 things I use every 3 months or so.

[quote name='Rig']Everybody says Firefox is better, and I have both FF and IE. However, I am still not sure if I like Firefox better. it takes longer to load. Everyone told me it took less time, and I am on a (super fast) connection. The pictures take a bit longer to load than they do in IE. When I open new pages, they also take a bit of time to load. It is getting annoying. IE doesn't do this at all. The only thing I like is the tabbed browsing. I think I may remove FF if it keeps up...[/quote]

That's probably my one beef w/ FF is that it takes up massive resources.... but then again, I like having billions of (nonpopup) windows open since I multitask like crazy. I've had I think about 45 or so FF tabs open at once and in the taskbar manager, it said, I was using up over 230,000k of memory. while most of my applications (Photoshop notwithstanding) usually run about 5000-10000k.

[quote name='basketkase543']Hey Moxio, is that gurusnetwork.com site any good? I'm looking for good places to teach me about photoshop, html, premier, and flash.[/quote]

Actually, I think Guru's Network only mediocre for beginners. However, once you've mastered a lot of Photoshop, you'll want to aim for their Advanced tutorials, such as Pen Mastering, Vector-like objects (as opposed to the typical Rasters), and Paths.

I gave this site to Morbid, who gave it to some other people, but you should try good-tutorials.com. They have PS, Flash, HTML, etc rolled into one website.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Nice, that's dual monitors, right? I've always wanted to rig that up.[/quote]

Yeah. Left is my laptop monitor, right is second. Almost any video card or laptop in the last year or two should give you the option to hook up dual monitors.

[quote name='jaykrue']radeon 9600xt will do it for you[/quote]

That's the card I have. Right now I only have a 20" Trinitron CRT, but I'd like to have a pair of LCDs sometime in the near future.

[quote name='basketkase543']I'm curious though, why would you want to hook up your laptop to your pc?[/quote]

It's not hooked up to my PC. The monitor ($450 Sony LCD--I failed as a cheapass. :( ) is hooked up to my laptop and my CRT is in my basement because my PC is MIA so my laptop takes its place. I usually have a PC running dual monitors and my laptop for going out, but alas, no PC -- www.quack-quack.net :p

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='basketkase543']Hey Moxio, is that gurusnetwork.com site any good? I'm looking for good places to teach me about photoshop, html, premier, and flash.[/quote]

Actually, I think Guru's Network only mediocre for beginners. However, once you've mastered a lot of Photoshop, you'll want to aim for their Advanced tutorials, such as Pen Mastering, Vector-like objects (as opposed to the typical Rasters), and Paths.

I gave this site to Morbid, who gave it to some other people, but you should try good-tutorials.com. They have PS, Flash, HTML, etc rolled into one website.[/quote]

Thanks Moxio. Would you consider this to be the best tutorial site for photoshop beginners?

bread's done
Back