(CANADA) Batman: Arkham Asylum Xbox360/PS3 $38.83 @ Walmart Aug 25th!

sinath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
XBOX360 http://walmart.ca/Canada-FeaturedPa...853&departmentId=183&categoryId=1082&tabId=22
PS3 http://walmart.ca/Canada-FeaturedPa...725&departmentId=180&categoryId=1024&tabId=22
servletimagedownload
servletimagedownload

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TripleQ'] Futureshop still at 69.99.. maybe still hope for a PM[/QUOTE]

FS has it for $38.83 as well now.

FS.png

Even though I have this pre-ordered at EB, I'm tempted to grab it from BB to get the strategy guide, then throw the game on Goozex or something...does anyone know if I order the game online, will the strategy guide ship to me as well, or is it for in-store orders only?

edit: annnnd reading comprehension is not my forte; it's in-store only, as indicated on the splash page on the BB website.

[quote name='Opopanax']I've got it ordered via T3. I'll stop in on my way home tonight and see how they deal with this kind of thing; worst case I'll just move it over to something else and pre-order Arkham straight up, at that price. I'll let you all know how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Alright, so it's been brought up a few times but just to lay it out and confirm: If you did the T3 you don't get any kind of credit (since it's a one day price), however you're free to change the preorder to anything else (I switched over to MW2, which I think saved me $10, if I've read correctly).

I forgot to check if they're still doing the 20% thing, but I'm just going to bring in Resident Evil 5 anyways, tivs.ca has it listed at $37, so even if the 20% is off, I'll wind up getting Batman for

[quote name='Opopanax']Alright, so it's been brought up a few times but just to lay it out and confirm: If you did the T3 you don't get any kind of credit (since it's a one day price), however you're free to change the preorder to anything else (I switched over to MW2, which I think saved me $10, if I've read correctly).

I forgot to check if they're still doing the 20% thing, but I'm just going to bring in Resident Evil 5 anyways, tivs.ca has it listed at $37, so even if the 20% is off, I'll wind up getting Batman for

They already recieved the pre-orders yesterday, so the clerk told me he didn't take new pre-orders anymore, but then he checked how many he had and came back to me, saying he had 12 copies for PS3 and only 6 pre-orders. So I used some edge credit towards that. Great price for a launch game on a next-gen console! Clerk said I had to pick it up on the day of release though, or else I'd have to pay full price! One day sale, hope they have the pre-order bonuses.

I'm finished with Killzone 2 and its entire TIV at EG covered Batman:AA when I traded it in. They gave me back my $5 that I used as a pre-order. So, I am set.

If Wal-Mart would have more of these first week sales for video games throughout the year...

[quote name='Xeph820']the ign review for this game is up and it got a 9.3, looks promising[/QUOTE]

This is great news. I did a Trade 3 for the game back in June and even if they don't give the difference back on the trade at least I'll be getting a great game.

Supposedly the review embargo is over at noon today so there should be a ton of reviews online soon.

Damn, a 9.3! I was planning on playing this game at this price like a gaming guarentee, but I might have to keep it now. I'm glad I'll get longer than 1 week to play it.

Traded in The Bigs 2 for $32.40 ($27 plus 20%) to get Batman:AA for only $7.33. :D

God I love how they still kept the plus 20% to any trade in towards Batman.

Did a little change-up today; took my copy of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed to EB and traded it in for Batman, and got $30 for it, playing only $10.xx; then I headed over to my other EB and cancelled the existing pre-order for Batman, getting my $43.xx back on my debit card heh. I only paid like $21 for Star Wars, too! Sweeet.

Alright, screw the batarang. If EVERYWHERE is dropping the price then it's no longer worth it to buy the CE.

I'll be changing my pre-order to the regular version, and MUA2.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']lol i wonder whos going to get the CE now... :p[/QUOTE]

Everyone when they are stuck with overstock because of everyone canceling pre-orders...can you say gameday deal? lol

[quote name='supergrover99']Everyone when they are stuck with overstock because of everyone canceling pre-orders...can you say gameday deal? lol[/QUOTE]

next year, lol, i can see RE5 CE becoming a GDDD (gamedaydailyDeal :p)
since i see those in groups at most of the EBs i've been.

SF4 CE is pretty gone, tho.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Did a little change-up today; took my copy of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed to EB and traded it in for Batman, and got $30 for it, playing only $10.xx; then I headed over to my other EB and cancelled the existing pre-order for Batman, getting my $43.xx back on my debit card heh. I only paid like $21 for Star Wars, too! Sweeet.[/QUOTE]

You owe me a beer ;)

Yeah I think I'll be getting it at Best Buy as well. $39 and it includes the guide....too bad the SE wasn't marked down this much I could so use that batarang...until it breaks.

Can this be preordered at EB for the sale price and picked up the next day? I am going to be working all day Tuesday and won't be able to make it to any of the stores.

[quote name='DMPugh']Can this be preordered at EB for the sale price and picked up the next day? I am going to be working all day Tuesday and won't be able to make it to any of the stores.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you should be able to, because the guys at the ebgames near my house (in Surrey) just charged me the sale price and gave no warnings about when I have to pick it up. Don't know if this applies to all stores though.

Also, I got a question about the scarecrow preorder bonus stage. Is that only for gamestop, or does it apply to canadian ebgames stores as well? Reason I'm asking is because I preordered it today, but the cashiers didn't even know there was a preorder bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Koala_Conglomeration']oh, and if Canadian EBgames do get the preorder bonus, should there be something on the receipt indicating such, or is it just known?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was told by two separate EB's that the Scarecrow bonus was stickered on to the case or something.

[quote name='DMPugh']Can this be preordered at EB for the sale price and picked up the next day? I am going to be working all day Tuesday and won't be able to make it to any of the stores.[/QUOTE]
According to where I pre-ordered, no. Maybe if you pay in full in advance it's a different story, I don't know.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Since everybody is putting Batman at $38.83, do you think any other games will follow this?
I sure as heck hope so...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this will probably be the anomaly.

BestBuy made a printing error on their flyer. Walmart got said flyer in advance and one-upped them, even going as far as advertising on XBL. BB went crying to Walmart saying it was a price error and have since rectified. WM says no dice on changing the price back. BB, FS and EB have all followed suit.

Just hope and pray some graphics intern makes another error down the road. :lol:

Where did you hear that BB made a printing error? I find it somewhat hard to believe that Walmart could turn that around so quickly.

[quote name='TripleQ']Where did you hear that BB made a printing error? I find it somewhat hard to believe that Walmart could turn that around so quickly.[/QUOTE]

From the lovely people at BB and EB. Overheard staff discussing the same story almost word for word. God bless competition.

Flyers, catalogues etc are all printed months in advance.

eh its more of a pray to see if it bumps up the sales for all the stores so much that this could become a common practice. They've been doing 1 day promo pricing for movies for some time now so if this does really well it might convince companies to take the hit.

I heard it was an error too which is why the strategy guide was included. Everyone wins except for the guy who made it, he's probably jobless now.

lol you guys are lucky. I went on friday and tried to trade-in KZ2 towards Batman AA for $40 but the clerk wouldnt let me get the bonus 20% trade offer. meh w/e I have a T3 on it as well from back in July and I'll change it on tuesday to something and just use store credit to pickup Batman. Cant wait to play it. :bouncy:

Hmm.. this game is getting ridiculously good reviews thus far and for $40 it's essentially like getting your money back in trade credit if you don't like it.

[quote name='Lockescythe']eh its more of a pray to see if it bumps up the sales for all the stores so much that this could become a common practice. They've been doing 1 day promo pricing for movies for some time now so if this does really well it might convince companies to take the hit.[/QUOTE]

New releases for $40? Get ready for rushed games made by small teams filled with bugs, untested code and just plain crap. It's like paying you half of your hourly wage to do your job now, you'd hate that right? 'Cause it's affecting you directly? Well think how'd they feel (the devs, I have no pity for the retailers =\).

Also Wal-Mart's the real winner in this, EB Games being the biggest loser. WM is one of those (of a very few) stores that can just GIVE AWAY games like this, and still turn a profit because they are who they are and do what they do. Same with BB and FS, they can recuperate some of the cost off of TVs, appliances and other services. All three respective companies have very deep deep pockets and a threshold for losing money.

But EB? There's no way selling a bunch of used games is gonna make a dent in the money lost that the Batman sales are going to make, sure they probably have some sort of reserve for when shit like this happens but they're probably not as prepared to take a big of a hit like this as the other stores are.

I don't think EB is going to do too badly, GameStop is huge in the States and I'm certain they have some pretty solid distribution networks and supplier deals that keeps their costs low.

[quote name='kathos']New releases for $40? Get ready for rushed games made by small teams filled with bugs, untested code and just plain crap. It's like paying you half of your hourly wage to do your job now, you'd hate that right? 'Cause it's affecting you directly? Well think how'd they feel (the devs, I have no pity for the retailers =\).

Also Wal-Mart's the real winner in this, EB Games being the biggest loser. WM is one of those (of a very few) stores that can just GIVE AWAY games like this, and still turn a profit because they are who they are and do what they do. Same with BB and FS, they can recuperate some of the cost off of TVs, appliances and other services. All three respective companies have very deep deep pockets and a threshold for losing money.

But EB? There's no way selling a bunch of used games is gonna make a dent in the money lost that the Batman sales are going to make, sure they probably have some sort of reserve for when shit like this happens but they're probably not as prepared to take a big of a hit like this as the other stores are.[/QUOTE]

What is the profit margin on Batman?

If it is sold at 70...doesnt EB make 20-25 bucks??
and Now at 40..EB loses 5 bucks...???

Oh well it only for a few days....sure the insane profits from USED sales will turn a profit for them.

I dont feel tooo sorry for EB,,after what they've done...

The EB promo is ONLY for 1 day. I just went by my local store and they said that if you don't come pick it up on Tuesday the price goes up to $70 the next day.

Also for those of you who did T3s on it, good news. It's in the computer now that when you pick up the game it will tell the CSR to give you the $30 difference on an EDGE card. If they do it is up to them I guess but the store I deal with is going to be giving it.

So if I go to Ebgames at 9 am on Tuesday I`m pretty much guaranteed to get it right?
I haven`t preordered....so was wonderin....

EB (at least the ones I've been too) is notorious for running out of new releases on day 1 if you didn't pre-order. I've always suspected this is by design to get people to pre-order... mysteriously more copies show up very shortly after.

In case people were wondering, the pre-order bonus for this is included in the case... not on a separate card that might run out before you pick it up (as has happened to me before.. grr)

So in Canada the only bonus for the game is some Scarecrow content and this is only available from EB/GS?
I heard the Scarecrow content is crazy so I would want that I think. Do I have to preorder or can I just grab it on the 25th and get the content?

I feel like this is the exception to the rule, and most, if not all new releases will not see such an attractive day one price. Though I'm surprised that all the other retailers matched Wal-Mart: they must feel that they'd rather take the hit from selling at $40 rather than lose the business to WM plus all the PM's.

To be safe, pre-order.. but if it's in the case (like Prince of Persia or Far Cry 2 pre-order editions) you'll get it if you buy it on the 25th.

bread's done
Back