(Canada) Best Buy taking trade ins

Sweet! There's actually a perk to living in Edmonton near a Best Buy. =( Too bad I already traded my games to EB. >.

It seems it can be anything: "receive store credit to spend on any product we sell"

The deal to trade 2 games for a 65$ or 70$ game is a very good deal... I hope they spread the deal to other locations soon enough.

yep I can confirm this as I traded in two titles for EA Active this morning at the west end location.

The deal right now is 2 x $15.00+ TIV will get you one of 5 titles UFC, RE5, KZ2, Punch-out, EA Active.

Two titles I traded in were BWII and DK:BB

Going to dig two more out of my collection for Punch-out tomorrow :)

[quote name='gamer602']FYI-

Trade value is IDENTICAL to FUTURE SHOP.[/QUOTE]
I would honestly be surprised if it wasn't... It is the same company... I'd find it kind of humorous if they had different databases... like EB versus Gamestop.

I wish I'd known about this deal this morning =/

I would've traded in Prince of Persia and Smackdown vs Raw 09 for UFC instead of getting $28.20 [$13.20 + 15 credit] from Futureshop just for PoP and still having SvR09 left.

Oh well -_-

[quote name='thelaughingman']wow I'm surprised that Bestbuy is actually giving used games a shot in Canada before they do it in the USA![/QUOTE]
They already do it at Best Buy in the States, they have been doing it for quite some time already

For sure. T2 is HOT. Technically they're more tiv ($24 vs $30), but $15 games aren't tooo hard to find. And finding 3 $8 games is sometimes a pain in the ass.

FS used to allow trading in up to 3 indentical titles at once.
Now both the FS and BB FAQs specified 1 game per title per day.

^ haha there goes the hording :D
no more unlimited lolz, but still red hot to get t2 promo! anyone care to list the cheap 15$ tiv games? thanx

wow that eligible list of games has a WACK OF TURDs! xmas come early for u edm. horders lolz ..even psp games they take

I was able to get back Prince of Persia from FS, because the lady remembered me from the day before.
Very nice of her to give it, and my money back. :D

I traded PoP and Smackdown to Best Buy for UFC.
On the receipt it lists the names of the games I traded, which is nice, both $22.80
[so if FS has the exact same trade in values, they should've given me $22.80 rather than $13.20 for PoP] and UFC @ $69.99.

Guess it didn't have to add up like with the FS trade in.
I'm happy with both FS and Best Buy.
Everything worked out :D

Btw, UFC is pretty much like the demo, but a bit harder imo.
Lost my very first fight against the computer -_-
Definitely worth the buy if you liked the demo.
My only complaint is that you have to create a character to take through career mode.
Not surprised by this, but it would've been nice to use one of the huge roster they already have.

bread's done
Back