[Canada]Blockbuster Video: 25% off all preplayed games

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
I think it just started today. Selection wasn't great: most PS3/Wii/360 games were $40-50. I saw CoD3 and Onimusha Dawn of Dreams for PS2 for $19.99 ($14.99 after discount.)

Equivalent to the BOG1/2 promo they've had before.

I'm waiting for the 30+% off new games... quite a selection of $14.99 games at Oak and 16th. :applause:

EDIT: not on the website yet.

I was wondering when this was going to get on here. I'm going by later to check. I have some credit there leftover.

I'll check this out tommorow, have $70 of credit that I've been looking to use heh. Can't see my BBV having anything good though...

[quote name='mrelusive']Finally. BBV near me always has a better selection than RV and it's along my route.[/quote]
While this is true at least Rogers' used games aren't abused and scratched to hell and back. I have many nightmares of the used games there since I for some reason can't find anywhere else.

Though I will still give their lot a second look as I always do.

Thanks OP, I think I might check it out, I need two more trade in fodders for the T3G1F at EBGames

Dammit, just when I thought I scored something nice, I get reamed in the end. The used MMX Command Mission ended up being MMX Collection which I ALREADY HAVE! It's only just he cover. Shit!

Well at least I finally found Psychonauts for Xbox.

Just realized that I'm not really looking for a lot of new 360 titles now heh. Lots of selection, but most of the stuff I was interested in was still at a stupid price. ($30 for KOTOR2? cmon)

Just picked up GRAW for now, since I've never played it before.

About to go and look.. if I see something, then I'm going to try and trade in GRAW, MLB 2K6, and PGR 3 with that guaranteed $13 promotion. Will I run into any troubles with any of the games or trading in in general?

Probably not. Though you'll need to sign up as a member then sign on to do any trading with them to trade in games. It's quite a bit of paper work just for trading in stuffs, but if you have a few minutes, it's very worth it.

And since you have all unique games, you shouldn't have any problems barring possible incomplete games (lack of box/manual).

Well I ended up keeping my games due to not finding anything interesting.. so I'll probably go back in a week to check again. They had Gears, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Forza 2, Crackdown, Call of Juarez, Call of Duty 2, Eragon, Bionicle Heros..among many others.. and of course, The Bigs like I wanted, but on Wii.

West Boulevard and 39th has the messiest games section: it's pretty big and PP'ed games are mixed with new games and rentals. From what I remember:

Wii
Alien Syndrome $29.99
Escape from Bug Island $29.99
Bust-a-Move Bash $39.99
Sims 2 Pets $19.99
Shrek the Third $19.99
MK Armageddon (new) $29.99

Lost Planet (no case) $39.99
Crackdown $29.99
Forza 2 $49.99

PS3
Gundam Crossfire $39.99

Also saw a copy of Radiata Stories (PS2) for $14.99 new.

For 360:

30 $
COD 3
FEAR
Virtua Tennis 3
Shadowrun

Hitman: Blood Money

Those stayed in my memory because I couldn't figure out what to buy out of them with my 80 bucks trade credit. Might just wait for the Orange Box. Are new games ever 59.99 there? I never like to pay 69.99.

I first saw the deal last week, so I went in and saw a few PS3 titles, nothing really worth mentioning though. I went in again a few days ago and BAM, all the PS3 stuff was gone except one copy of the Darkness. Boy PS3 users are desperate :)

I did end up buying Bard's Tale for PS2, thought it would be worth $7.50.

[quote name='Lockescythe']I got atelier iris 3 for 17$ after taxes.

That was pretty sweet.[/quote]

I saw a stack of those at the BB I frequent, and for the same price, and if I could stomache long rpgs and the developer Gusts' artstyle, I would definitely get that. :p

Though BB has to drop the price on GrimGrimoire now, that's the one I want (40 used! :angry).

Going tomorrow to trade in PGR 3 and GRAW and will try to trade in MLB 2K6.. then with the discount I should be able to pick up Dead Rising and Lost Planet for next to nothing.

Also, I noticed today when I went in that Lost Planet (notably, a few others as well) dropped from $40 to $30.

should hold off until around the end of the month, apparently AC will be their next trade 4. PGR3/Graw/MLB + 1 = AC :)

Not interested in Assasins Creed to be honest. And now that I think of it, there's another Blockbuster close by that I should check out. :p

Oak and 16th:

Lost Planet, Crackdown $29.99
Star Trek Legacy, FEAR $19.99
Forza 2, Darkness, DIRT $49.99

They also have a bunch of free DVD cases: I grabbed a handful. =P

[quote name='Firestorm']Assassin's Creed and CoD4 are their Trade 4 for Free[/quote]

CoD4? Sweeeeet

I need to get a hold of some tradable games

[quote name='Firestorm']Assassin's Creed and CoD4 are their Trade 4 for Free[/quote]

could you trade 4 in for one of them..then not open it and return it sealed for another game (or equal store credit)...is there anyways to use the 4 for 1 deal to get any game?

i picked up the $4 perfect dark and the $4 viva pinata and i'd like to get halo 3, or maybe wait until another game comes out.

[quote name='cm matty']
i picked up the $4 perfect dark and the $4 viva pinata and i'd like to get halo 3, or maybe wait until another game comes out.[/quote]

Did you get PDZ and Viva as of yet? I ordered them both as well - both are delayed a lot however.

Traded in Madden 08, PGR 3, GRAW, and MLB 2K6 at Blockbuster and got $78. Considering I paid $40 total for those four games, I'd say I did alright. Besides, I traded them in because I don't play them, not to get some extra money. Was going to get Lost Planet, Dead Rising, SDvR07 and another game, but I figured I'll wait until they get The Orange Box in.

Okay, sorry for the double post, but for anyone in Kanata, the BBV on Hazeldean has an amazing selection of used games, especially for the 360. I picked up Amped 3, The Bigs, and Shadowrun with my trade in money. They had Gears, Shadowrun, NHL 08, Forza 2, christ, they had everything. :p

Now that you mention standard DVD cases, does anyone know where to get green transparent 360 cases? If it is at all possible. >_>

[quote name='Kekumba']Now that you mention standard DVD cases, does anyone know where to get green transparent 360 cases? If it is at all possible. >_>[/quote] I'm also interested in getting a few 360 style game cases. Also I'm in need of quite a few ps2 cases which have the memory card slot above the disk area. So ya, if anybody knows where one could get these it would be greatly appreciated.

The BBV on Main and 13th(?) has Atelier Iris 3 (PS2) for $19.99. Lots of other games, including some poorly packaged ones with "new" price tags on them. Huh.

thanks Caro, was going to ask if anyone has an idea when this ish ends, gonna need to pick up 3 cheap games for AC :)

bread's done
Back