[Canada] Boxing Day (EB/GS, WM, Zellers, Source, TRU, RCSS, RP, FS, BB, HMV, etc.)

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Gamedeals.ca
20% off everything (in-store and online)

SiG (in-store)
DSi $100
PSP Go $150
360 Wireless Adapter $40

Factory Direct
2 refurbished 360 controllers $40

HMV

Dec. 26 only: CoD MW2 $29.99 (PS3/360)
Dec. 26-27 only:
Dragon Age, Brutal Legend, NFS Shift, NHL 10 $39.99 each (PS3/360)
Fable II, Halo 3, Gears 2 $19.99 each
360 Elites $249.99 (excluding CoD bundle)
All PSP 2000/3000 bundles $149.99 each

http://www.hmv.ca/images/HMV/Flyers/HMV-NatlFlyer-12-24-09.pdf

Blockbuster

XBOX Live Messenger Kit $69.99
360 Wireless controller $44.99
360 Elite Holiday bundle $269.99
Live 12-month $49.99
360 Wireless Adapter $69.99
360 Vision Camera $39.99

Wii Remote $39.99
Wii Motion+ $19.99
PS3 BR Remote $19.99
PS3 USB 2.0 & Cables $44.99

Rogers Plus
$14.99 used games:
Section 8
Bionic Commando
Raven Squad
RB Metal Track Pack
Singstar Queen
Ghostbusters
Riddick

$29.99 used games:
Red Faction Guerilla
Tekken 6
Forza 3
RE5
Wolfenstien
Beatles RB
Fifa 10

Halo 3 ODST + Gears 2 used $40
AC2 + CoD MW2 used $60

75% off all used PS2 games
50% off all used Wii games
50% off all used PSP games

$19.99 new games:
Halo Wars
Gears 2
Halo 3
Fable 2

$39.99 new games:
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Sports Resort
Uncharted 2
Shaun White Road Trip
Tekken 6

$49.99 new games:
Borderlands
Batman AA
AC2
NHL 10

Dualshock3 + GH game bundle $49.99
50% off ALS Game Traveller bag and Wii Speak

Blu-Rays: Buy 2 used, get 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow at some of SiG's boxing day deals listed on RFD. $149 PSP Go, $99 DSi, but limited quantities only available at Pacific Mall. The XBox WiFi adapter is $39. Also a Dec. 30 in-store sale o their games, but no details. If you live in the GTA and are willing to line up for a Go or DSi, you are a better person than I :razz:

[quote name='mmm11105']Anyone know of somewhere to get a good deal on Empire:Total War. (And NOT Steam I can't afford a 11GB DL, my monthly cap is only 60)[/QUOTE]

wow specific

EmpTW is a steam game when you buy retail, & also you'll be patching about 3 or 4gb of stuff (but that beats 11 sure)

maybe you can get a friend to dload... someone with a grandfathered bell account (no caps), or teksavvy (200gb limits)

(but wait, is a sale the priority, or not using bandwidth?)

well i've decided to go for it and buy a new 360 to replace my "ready to blow" refurb unit

i just don't know whether to order online from BB or just go on Boxing Day to the store and pick up the 360 elite bundle. I'd prefer to order it online but don't want it to get killed by Canada Post during shipping...hmmmm...

[quote name='cm matty']they had the same thing for little big planet (and a few others) last year. i'm sure it's ymmv, but as a heads up, my store only had 2 copies of the 29.99 games...neither on display, they were both underneath the display cases in the drawers. like i said, ymmv, but i'd assume stock is super low.

edit: just saw the pdf flyer and it does say 5 per location per system. at least they're giving people the heads up...but i wouldn't be shocked if a bunch of stores had less.[/QUOTE]

I remember last year someone from this board waiting out early in the cold for a game and being disappointed that the games were behind the cash and not on display. They missed out getting the game because they didn't know where they were.

Call the store today, ask for the manager and find out where they will be in the store before going out on the 26th.

[quote name='heimdal']$29.99 for COD:MW2 at HMV. Pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I'm gonna get me some of that. I could honestly care less about MW2, but with all the controversy about the No Russian level I feel obligated to play it, and since it probably won't see a proper price drop for three years $29.99 is about as cheap as it's gonna get.

Some unadvertised deals

Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.ca/marketing/pro...me=bdunadgames&catid=&logon=&langid=EN&page=1

Tony Hawk Ride $100
Crime Craft PC $10
RF Guerrilla PC $20
Dragon Age PC $30
Saboteur PS3/360 $40
RF Guerrilla PS3/360 $30

Future Shop: http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/staticPC/default.asp?PCName=BD_videogames&logon=&langid=EN

Prince of Persia PS3/360 $15
NHL 2K10 Wii $30
Dead Space Extraction Wii $30
Saboteur PS3/360 $40
$10 off select pre-orders (Dante's Inferno, ME2, Bioshock 2)

Nice, that's a pretty quick drop on Saboteur.

Also House of the Dead: Overkill for $15. Haven't been following the price on that one but definitely worth $15.

yay successfully checked out FS and BB!

pickup batman / tekken / avatar / dissidia / madworld / dead space extraction / terminator (tv series) bluray / sandisk 8gb memory card

now just gotta wait for amazon's boxing day deal!

almost bite on saboteur and assassin creed 2, but not really interested in those games + spent enough money already :(

I just grabbed a few blu-rays from Best Buy. Saboteur at $40 is a pretty decent deal, but I'm gonna save the gift card I have for Bayonetta or Darksiders

Meh nothing really interesting this year. All the games I've wanted this year I've either played, beaten or own. Thinking of getting a HDTV, but dont really feel like paying $400-600 just to get better "quality"

Meh, nothing for me this year. No games I need to get, and I'd rather buy my home theatre equipment closer to when I renovate my basement. Would be nice to get some BR's, but using Amazon.com is a lot less of a hassle and not too much more expensive.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru'] Thinking of getting a HDTV, but dont really feel like paying $400-600 just to get better "quality"[/QUOTE]

It really is worth the money. I played MGS4 halfway through before I bought my HDTV, and when I hooked it up and continued the game, I was absolutely blown away by how much better everything looked. The difference in quality is like night and day.

I've since convinced a few friends to take the plunge and go HD, and they've all said the same thing. If you find a good deal on a good sized TV, you should absolutely go for it.

[quote name='djsaiyan']It really is worth the money. I played MGS4 halfway through before I bought my HDTV, and when I hooked it up and continued the game, I was absolutely blown away by how much better everything looked. The difference in quality is like night and day.

I've since convinced a few friends to take the plunge and go HD, and they've all said the same thing. If you find a good deal on a good sized TV, you should absolutely go for it.[/QUOTE]

I'm considering if it'll be worth it to get a 40" 1080p set to replace my 2 year 26" 720p. Really tempted by all the good deals I'm seeing.

Okay, I'm wondering if I should get up WAAYY early or just before noon. I haven't been to a boxing day with a specific item in mind (Thinking of Wii Sports Resort at Bestbuy or Rhythm Heaven at Wal-mart), so is there a good chance that some things will be there? (I'm in WIndsor BTW)

I'm going to try for the $99 Blu-ray player at BBV today, hopefully I can get one. Tomorrow off to Walmart for some general items and maybe a Blu-ray or two. Not sure if there's any gaming items I need, but maybe I'll find something on sale in the cheap games bin.

PSP Core at Zellers is NOT 129.99, it's 129.99 after trade & save with 160,000 HBC points.

OP, please be careful in the future because I had been planning to go until I just found this out last minute... but thanks for compiling the list.

^ Same with the Blu-Rays at Zellers. They're up to 70% off for the WB titles, noticed when I read the physical flyer earlier today.

Still thanks for making the list, easier for me to see what I want.

came to report back from microplay, they have the following:

B1G1 used games
$5 off new releases
$45 on select new games
50% off new psp games

some random other deals like tekken 6 bundle for $70 which is pretty hot (at merivale, there were 2 for 360 & 1 for ps3 when i went in this morning)

This is basically what i saw which was good to some degree, but not as good as last year imo.

Anybody have any luck with MW2 at HMV?

The one near me told me they were opening at 9 am, only for me to arrive at ten to 8 in the morning to find that no, they were already open, and all the $29.99 copies were already gone.

Bastards!

[quote name='telepathy']came to report back from microplay, they have the following:

B1G1 used games
$5 off new releases
$45 on select new games
50% off new psp games

[/QUOTE]

My Microplay had B2G1 on used games, typo?

for anyone who has a beat goes on near them, they've got 40% off all used games, dvds, and cds today. i had some credit leftover from a few weeks ago and picked up wolfenstein on 360 for $7 ($25 after taxes and discount w/o the credit). ymmv obviously, but they generally have a pretty good selection of blu-rays and newer games (the newer used games are usually all $40 before the discount) so you could find a good deal. i'm not sure how late they're open though.

[quote name='cm matty']for anyone who has a beat goes on near them, they've got 40% off all used games, dvds, and cds today. i had some credit leftover from a few weeks ago and picked up wolfenstein on 360 for $7 ($25 after taxes and discount w/o the credit). ymmv obviously, but they generally have a pretty good selection of blu-rays and newer games (the newer used games are usually all $40 before the discount) so you could find a good deal. i'm not sure how late they're open though.[/QUOTE]
I went wild with some DVDs today. I love the Best Goes On.

[quote name='djsaiyan']Anybody have any luck with MW2 at HMV?

The one near me told me they were opening at 9 am, only for me to arrive at ten to 8 in the morning to find that no, they were already open, and all the $29.99 copies were already gone.

Bastards![/QUOTE]

Same happened to me yesterday. I went to pick up the $99 bluray player at BBV, got there 10 min before their ADVERTISED 12pm opening only to find the d-bags were open since 10am. Of course, all sold out by then.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']My Microplay had B2G1 on used games, typo?[/QUOTE]

Ur microplay is probably being gay then. The one I frequent (merivale), had some okay deals. For example, i was thinking of picking up demon's souls (again) and magna carta 2 for $54.99 with B1G1 but I decided not to be greedy (cause all i would've done w/the demon's souls is resold it) & just picked up some random games from their $10 360 bin, persona psp (cause I figure 24.99 is pretty hot imo), & some used PS3 games.

Last year I thought was better personally. They had B2G1 on new games (which wasn't that exciting unless the game selection is very good) & some other deal for used games that I thought was pretty good & all the stuff that was put on top of this green piece of paper was 1/2 price & it wasn't shovelware.

Bastards![/QUOTE]

Yeah man, I got pissed at HMV this morning, MW2 was just a gimmick to get people into the store. Flyer says something of 5 copies per console, but I doubt there was more than three PS3 copies on the shelf. I was at worst like 7th in line, there since 7am ish.
But like everyone got burned on that!!! fuck
I didn't buy anything there, needless to say

but its all good though, money in my pocket. Picked up Prince of Persia for $10 at eb and so cheap BDs at walmart

Thank You OP :)

Bastards![/QUOTE]

Stores only opened at 1:00pm at Place Rosemère, so I waited in line in front of the HMV with my buddy, about 20 people in front of us and we were lucky enough to get a copy of MW2 for PS3, he's pretty happy about it!

I also grabbed Motorstorm PR for $20 at Walmart, along with The Dark Knight ($10) and Yes Man ($12.50) on bluray. Then I proceeded to going nuts on amazon for a second time (got GoW2:GotY and Fable 2 when they were briefly $9.96 earlier this week) and bought Home Alone on bluray ($10), Izuna 2 ($4), Midnight Club LA Complete Edition ($15) and I added a Beatles album to get free shipping. Only going to get these by the end of January, but I can certainly wait after getting prices like this.

I consider this a successful Boxing day shopping! :applause: Thanks CAG!

[quote name='Azumangaman']I went wild with some DVDs today. I love the Best Goes On.[/QUOTE]

since i've moved from burlington to toronto, that's one thing i really miss. great store - i used to go in all of the time just to browse...i'd generally find something i'd buy. luckily, the website is pretty usefull too.

[quote name='telepathy']Ur microplay is probably being gay then. The one I frequent (merivale), had some okay deals. For example, i was thinking of picking up demon's souls (again) and magna carta 2 for $54.99 with B1G1 but I decided not to be greedy (cause all i would've done w/the demon's souls is resold it) & just picked up some random games from their $10 360 bin, persona psp (cause I figure 24.99 is pretty hot imo), & some used PS3 games.
[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, your probably the lucky one. On Microplay's website, they only mention B2G1 as the boxing deal promotion, so yours is probably YMMV.

Lucky! :)

Oh okay,then maybe i was lucky then. they had some decent games available, but i had most of them so i went & picked up heavenly sword & king of fighters XII since i didn't have them.

I generally like the one on merivale since it usually has good selection from time to time & deals like that.

bread's done
Back