[Canada] Boxing Day Hauls Thread

tymcg

CAGiversary!
Hey guys thought it would be a good idea to give us all the opportunity to brag about what items we got, and how much we got it for. It doesn't even have to be video game related (I'm not here to judge). Since this is being typed pre-boxing day the only deals I've gotten are:

2 2gig SD cards-$25
Dead Head Fred (PSP)-$10
Mega Man Star Force: Leo (DS)-$15
All Pro Football 2k7 (PS3)-$6.99

Not much but I will update tomorrow after shopping/savings commence.

well not much so far.

Fire Emblem (wii) (brand freaking new clearance) 15$
X Men Legends 2 Gamecube 15$

Sonic and Mario olympics 15$
fire emblem cube 15$

Megaman Battle Network 5 and 6 10$

all from RV.

Oh man I wish I could find FE (either) for $15 each, nice haul. :(

So far I only got a 4gb SD Card for $25 at NCIX, probably some more random stuff tomorrow..not sure about games right now.

Just got back from F Shop
Got my sister a LG 80 Gb dvd recorder for 100$ off and myself a pair of 60$ headphones for 19.99. Plus I had a 5$ off giftcard from the grand opening so I got 5$ off too. Good times.

Stores are opening at 1 here so im waiting patiently, heading to best buy soon, searching for deals on the web.

Well I got:

Best Buy

Call of Duty 4 (360) - $39.99
Rainbow Six: Vegas (360) - $19.99
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) - $59.99 (not a deal, but wanted it anyways)
Motorola H350 Bluetooth Headset (for PS3) - $24.99

Futureshop

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hour Glass (DS) - $19.99
Word of Warcraft Battle Chest (PC) - $19.99
Ratatouille Blu-ray Movie - $24.99
20" LG LCD Flatpanel Monitor - $199.99

This was technically between me and my brother... he got everything at futureshop (except Ratatouille... everyone says it's so amazing, i had to check it out and at $25... you can't go wrong).

So in total... we both spent $410: $170 (saved $77) for me and $240 (saved $105) for him... + taxes >_<

I wasn't going to spend a penny on boxing day the other day, believe it or not... but I always told myself I would buy Rainbow six when it was cheap and COD4 if it hits forty or so... and they both did it! Then the headset and blu-ray came after my friend told me to get both so we could chat up on my new ps3 haha... now i just need a job to keep going =P

I snagged RE4 for Wii with my remaining credit and added like a loonie out of my pocket to cover taxes. The only thing I really wanted to be honest.

TMNT (360) - $9.99
Stuntman (360) - $9.99
Ratatouille (DVD) - $19.99

Nothing special, but a couple of things I was looking for.

Me:
Zelda: PH - $20

Brother:
500 GB HD for his new comp - $100
50 DL DVD+R's - $40

For my mom:
2-pack of 2 GB SD cards - $25

For my dad:
4 GB USB Drive - $25

So far...

Futureshop:
Toshiba HD-DVD Drive $100
Toshiba Regza 42" 1080p LCD - $1199
Toshiba Laptop $499
100 DVD-R Printable disks - $20

Im off to Rogers and Walmart & Superstore soon as they open at 8am.

Walmart:
-Simpsons DVD box sets (season 7 & 9) at $15 ea. Had to get them to mark it down, they still rung in at regular price
-Wireless Guitar for $20

RCSS:
-Namco Museum for $10
-Koss iPod speaker system for $20
-HDMI and Optical audio cable, $10 & $7

EBGames:
-R6 Vegas for PSP $10
-Gunpey for $8
-Orange Box PS3 for $60 (not sure it's a good price, but wanted it anyway)

Future Shop:
-4GB Kingston USB drive $25
-LOST Season 3 (Blu-ray) $25

Haven't really found any gaming related deals that I've wanted to take advantage of yet...

Didn't get too much.

Future Shop

Zelda Phantom Hourglass $19.99
Man on Fire $5
28 Days Later $5
4GB Kingston USB drive $25
(Both movies were 2 for $10)

Rogers Video

Jam Sessions $15
Rayman Raving Rabbids $15
Wii 2000 Points Card $24.99 (Not much of a deal hah)

Btw...anyone looking to go the Rogers Video near Eglinton West and Keele...don't go. There aren't any good games left (unless they restock them anytime soon).

EB
Crackdown $9.99
God of War II $29.99

Independent Grocer
Kameo $9.99
Animal Crossing GC $14.99 (I sold my first copy and miss it)

If your in Edmonton and close to the southside THE BEST BUY ON THE SOUTH END HAS HALO 3 LE FOR $65.

With that out of the way I got:
Halo 3 LE for $65
1GB flash drive for $10

Bestbuy
-Simpsons Season 1-3 $12.99 each. (Wal-Mart and Superstore have similar deals but all the stores have only seasons 1-3 on sale\0
-Rainbow Six Vegas $19.99
-Live Free or Die Hard $8.99
-Sandisk 4gb Mem Stick pro duo$39.99

Futureshop
-HP Laptop $699.99
-Kingston 2gb Micro SD
-Almost got this but changed my mind in the end but theres UMD movies are 2 for $10... Selection isn't too bad but the one I went too didn't have much left.

Superstore
-Rush Hour 3 $9.98

EBGames
-Pokemon Diamond $19.99
-Almost picked up some of the $10 360 games for achievements but then I thought about all the GOOD games I haven't finished playing yet. Son of a bish I'm such an achievement whore. >_>

So yea, not much for gaming. Going to go to London Drugs to try and pick up some Klipsch speakers.

Tons of CDs at Music World (50% off EVERYTHING in the store)
Eternal Sonata Strategy Guide $2.50
Lost Planet Strategy Guide $5.00

Nothing else really game related.
I overloaded at Rogers Video anyway.

[quote name='bs000']Bestbuy
-Simpsons Season 1-3 $12.99 each. (Wal-Mart and Superstore have similar deals but all the stores have only seasons 1-3 on sale\0[/quote]
I bought seasons 7 & 9 for the Boxing Day price at Walmart, they rung it up for me since the flyer is so vague. It says something like TV box sets, no specifics. Just try, you may get away with it like I did.

Best Buy:

$40 - Logitech VX Revolution Cordless Mouse (been wanting it for uni.)
$15 - Energizer Home/Car Recharger w/ 4 AA batteries (for wireless GH3 guitar and mouse i just bought)

Rogers Video:

2/30: Super Mario Galaxy and RE Umbrella Chronicles
BOGO free: bought 2 wii titles and got 2 360 titles free. went to BBV and traded the 4 in for Assasins Creed (360) for a friend.

EB Games:

$15 - God of War 2 (yes number 2). at my local eb there was a mistake where God of War 1 sticker was stuck onto number 2.
$20.40 - Call of Duty 4 (PC). got it from my cuzin who works at the eb in his area, so i got the trade in value price.

My friend who went with me:

Future Shop

$349.99 - desktop pc (the one advertised in flyer)
$15 and $8 - 2gb and 1gb kingston usb keys

Best Buy

$169.99 - 19' samsung widescreen monitor

Rogers Video

God of War 1 for 9.99 and got Tomb Raider Legends just for the sake of the free game

p.s. we stopped by RCSS and a Loblaws to chek for sixaxis controllers for his ps3. they had at both locations but retailed for $59.98. also went to walmart to check out the 20 dollar guitar but could not find it.

meh, things turned out pretty well for us. btw can any1 tell me the brand of the guitar selling at walmart?

eb:
crackdown - 10$
stuntman ignition - 10$
graw (used) - 7$

amazon:
pink 360 controller lol - 25$
some tony hawk ds game - 10$
digimon ds game - 10$
mario party ds - 10$

rv:
eragon (used) - 5$
moto gp 06 (used) - 5$

p.s. all games are for 360 unless specified
p.p.s. I highly recommend going to eb today to get crackdown and moto gp 07 for 10$ each if you havent played them... maybe stuntman as well, but I havent opened it yet

The guitar is by The Ant Commandos, I think the guitar is called guitar commando or something. Can't say how it works, I don't have a GH game yet. It feels like $20 worth

BTW, EB has a wireless one for $40, looks nicer too

last haul for me today.

I got a xbox a year replacement plan and 6 games for 77$ after taxes.

and resident evil for cube for 9.49 new at walmart.

Wal-Mart:
Full Auto - $10
Table Tennis - $10
PREY - $10

Future Shop:
World of Warcraft Battlechest - $20

EB:
Stuntman Ignition - $10
MotoGP 07 - $10
Resident Evil Wii - $25

Amazon:
All-Pro Football 2k8 - $10
Beautiful Katamari - $30

[quote name='dave17']amazon:
pink 360 controller lol - 25$
[/quote]

I'm tempted too. Shame I missed out on all the other controller deals. If it weren't so damn ugly...

[quote name='vicious7171']I'm tempted too. Shame I missed out on all the other controller deals. If it weren't so damn ugly...[/quote]

How can you complain about the colour when it is a homage to the rocking Dan Avatar you have?

As for the loot.

Hit RV at 10:30 am and they just wheeled out a bunch of used game right after I got there. I snagged:
Skate (360)
Beautiful Katamarcy (360)
Forza 2 (360)
contra 4 (DS)
Pheonix wright: trials and tribulations (DS)
Front mission (DS)

All on 2 for 30.

At future shop, I got the JBL 510 headphones reg 170 for 79 and phantom hourglass for $20.

I was in the mall and got 2 Oilers Jerseys (RBK) for 149.99 (2 for 1)

Got Wh40k:squad command (DS) for 30. Doubt this is a deal, but I can't find it anywhere.

Ebgames
2x Tabula Rasa 10$x2
1x World in Conflict 10$
1x Stuntman 10$
1x Spiderman FoF 20$
1x CrackDown 10$

Futureshop
1x 4gb memory stick 25$
1x 300 HD Dvd combo 20$
1x Happy feet Hd-Dvd 20$
1x Troy Director's cut Hd-Dvd 20$
I was gonna go buy the HD-D3 Player for 99.99$ but some guy took the last one before me :(. I intend to go check out more store tomorrow.

Got fuck all.
Went to EB Games at the Oshawa Centre looking for either Ratchet & Clank or Assassin's Creed for PS3 and couldn't get EITHER. :bomb:

I got myself:
Best Buy: Assassin's Creed PS3 (39.99)
EB Games: NHL 08 PS3 (49.99)
Wal-Mart: Formula One Championship Edition PS3 (19.99)

In retrospect, I wish I found Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas to purchase. I might have found them, but I chose not to buy them. Sucks for me.

Nothing gained, losses include:

Internet access
Cheapassgamer: Canada region
Awesome sales

And the worst part, I have to be back out of town in about 5 minutes and back to the same boring situation.

:(

Nothing for me, but I did order $600+ of computer parts from ncix. I'm building a budget gaming rig for a kid I know.

Didn't get anything game related =/
Got 2GB Ultra II Sandisk SD card from Best Buy - $20
8x AA Eneloop Rechargeable batteries from NCIX - $20

So spent $40 =/

NCIX: $1 mp3 player, lined up at 5AMish

Ages 3 and Up (Toy/hobby store): Some Transformers and one anime statue (won't name the toys unless someone wants to know...) $60 all together

Zellers: Mario Strikers Wii $25

Best Buy: Trendnet Router $18

FS: Webcam $15

I had a busy day:

FutureShop
24" Samsung Monitor - $399 (had $430 credit from xmas party)

EBGames
Stuntman Ignition X360 - $10
MotoGP 07 X360 - $10
Pokemon Diamond DS - $20 (later found TRU had 50% off all Pokemon games, but oh well)

Rogers Video - all 2/$30
Fire Emblem GC (been wanting this one a long time)
Lair PS3
Super Mario Galaxy Wii
Crash of the Titans X360
Mass Effect X360
WWE Wresting 2008 X360
Bioshock X360
Looney Toons Acme Arsenal X360

Walmart
Reservoir Dogs Bluray $2/30
Wild Hogs Blueray $2/30
Mission Impossible HDDVD $18.83
Mission Impossible 2 HDDVD $18.83

So once again, more games that I can keep up with! All the EBGames I stopped at were crazy busy. I didn't go until 10 and they still had the games I wanted so I was happy for that.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']The guitar is by The Ant Commandos, I think the guitar is called guitar commando or something. Can't say how it works, I don't have a GH game yet. It feels like $20 worth

BTW, EB has a wireless one for $40, looks nicer too[/quote]

thx, I just cheked out the site.
i think bestbuy had a similar if not the same guitar walmart is currently offering a couple months back. the buttons were spongy =s.

Nothing much, Rogers was disappointing, no good PPV 2/30. Maybe another day. I did grab with a giftcard I got for Christmas:

Moto GP 07
Hot Wheels: Beat That!
Harry Potter OOTP
Project Sylpheed

All 360, from the 2/$30 clearance bin, and

Open Season
F4 ROTSS

both 360, for $9.99 BOGO. Mainly for a trade 4 at Blockbuster as I've already finished both of them. :)

how are people getting the zellers wii games at 25? my store had 35.
walmart had sonic ps3 and full auto 2 10$. splinter cell wii too.

They tried to do $35 for Strikers but I said "Hey isn't is $25?" And the guy just changed it, didn't even answer my question. Pretty sneaky. It was a correction notice, the Wii games advertised are $25 instead of $35, can't remember where I read the info (probably RFD...).

I got Forza 2 CE in the RV 2/$30 clearance game deal.

Others: Darkness, GRAW 2 for $20 each.

My movie and box set haul was way better:
Carnivale both seasons @ $19.99/each
Earth to Moon $24.99
Indiana Jones trilogy $29.99
Ong Back $5
BSG Miniseries $6.99 (was 2/$10 but I could not find another flick I wanted)

And an APC 390 watt battery backup for $39.99

stopped by a RV:
360 games:
-mass effect
-sonata RPG game (can't remember the title)

ps3:
-heavenly sword
-resistance

[quote name='shifty_37']stopped by a RV:
360 games:
-mass effect
-sonata RPG game (can't remember the title)

ps3:
-heavenly sword
-resistance[/quote]

don't tell me mass effect, sonata, and the 2 ps3 games were part of the 2 for $30 deal, cause if it was. DAMN!!!

bread's done
Back