[CANADA] Call of Duty 4 X360/PS3 - $19.96

mkrowe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I thought this was a pretty decent deal for a pretty decent game. The source by circuit city has both the X360 and PS3 versions for $19.96. It's in store only so you have to see if they have it in stock nearby.

PS3 link: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...og=Online&category=PS3_Action&product=5815133

X360 link: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...ine&category=XBOX360_Strategy&product=5819562

There's also some other decent deals if you browse through what they have.

Considering FS is not supposed to PM "clearance" items, good luck to others to PM these prices from SourceCC, considering it is written "CLEARANCE" near the price on the printouts.

Good luck to others.

Yeah, I think I lucked out for sure. the cashier was not going to do it, but I had printed off a list of the Source stores that had Qty of that game, so she checked with a manager and said she could "do it this one time"...

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Luckily Phil who was the best customer service person at EB in Kanata now works at the Hazledean Mall location of The Source has put COD4 aside for me. Hopefully the roads in Ottawa will be better tomorrow. Thank You Phil.[/quote]

Aaagh, I was about to pick up two (of the three copies available) when I was there tuesday morning. One for me, and another for a friend (I didn't know whether or not he would want it for 20) or for a CAGer that couldn't make it "before the hoard." But the guy told me you can't return software at all so I chickened out and just grabbed the one copy in case nobody wanted the second one...

If you want, I live not far from Hazeldean mall and will be passing by there on the way to college in the morning (around 11'ish). I could grab one for you if it turns out not to be on hold.

Or if yours is indeed on hold, maybe the third copy for anyone else in the Ottawa/Kanata area, if anyone's interested and if it's still there.

That was fast. Someone with a few print-outs of Source clearance games came into Sears trying to PM =o We don't match clearance though.

[quote name='Griptor']

If you want, I live not far from Hazeldean mall and will be passing by there on the way to college in the morning (around 11'ish). I could grab one for you if it turns out not to be on hold.
Or if yours is indeed on hold, maybe the third copy for anyone else in the Ottawa/Kanata area, if anyone's interested and if it's still there.[/QUOTE]

Thank You very much for the offer Griptor. My husbands going to pick it up for me at lunch, he should be able to get it. He's been waiting for bad weather to play with his 4X4 Blazer on the roads anyway :p
I've been waiting over a year to play this game. This is going to be a great Christmas break.

Hopefully this is just a sign that these games will start dropping to these levels in the next month or two...after all, COD4 and Oblivion are over a year old, I can't imagine too many people are buying them at full price.

well i asked some questions about PMs in general and left,

Haha, sounds like i met the great firestorm in person after all

[quote name='custo']hmmmmmmmmm oblivion has disappeared from the site[/quote]

Yeah Loco Roco for $4.96 is sold out too. :cry:
But there's still some good stuff left. Here are my 'sloppy seconds' picks ;):

NDS:
Meteos $9.96 (old but fun puzzle game)
Elite Beat Agents $9.96 (can't wait for a sequel!)

WII:
No More Heroes $9.96 (just got this, heard its good but not tried yet)
Zack & Wiki $9.96 (highly reviewed puzzle adventure)
Mario Strikers Charged $14.96 (played it last night and fun - worth the price but not really soccer, more like Smash Bros. Also couldn't find anyone online to play, boo)

PSP:
Parappa $9.96 (worth it at this price)

XBOX/PS3:
Call of Duty 4 $19.96 (only a few left at most stores in GTA)
Unreal Tournament III $14.96

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Princess Zelda']Thank You very much for the offer Griptor. My husbands going to pick it up for me at lunch, he should be able to get it. He's been waiting for bad weather to play with his 4X4 Blazer on the roads anyway :p
I've been waiting over a year to play this game. This is going to be a great Christmas break.[/quote]

Haha, sure thing :] I saw your message before I left in the AM, for the record, just didn't have time to reply, heh.

I actually passed by the Source at Bayshore and picked up Mario Strikers for me and Zack & Wiki for a friend. Strikers wasn't sealed though...odd...and silly me, didn't notice there were some scratches on the disc until later. Ah well.

And heck yeah this holiday is gonna be great! I haven't been able to touch videogames in the last month or so, but I still have been making purchases. I have a new "backlog" of about 8 games to play this holiday season, wooooo!

[quote name='gamer602']Anyone want COD4 AT COST B4 I return it????[/quote]

for 20, sure makes a great Christmas present to anyone really

I asked the guy if they had NMH yesterday (online says one in stock), and he tells me that they didn't have any copies of it, and he was really shady about it. "It's only $10 though, which is sweet. Doesn't Gamestop have it?". I'm sure he probably just had it on hold... but I guess that I would've done the same. Damn though... I wanted to give that game a shot!

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Thanks again OP, I was able to pick up the only copy of Resistance in Edmonton last night.[/quote]

i also picked up resistance during this sale. i read on a ps3 site (can't remember which one) that the map pack will be available for free from the playstation store at some point in december. it might start today and i'm pretty sure that it's worldwide, though i'm not sure.

EDIT:
here's the link. apparently it's all of the resistance:fom map packs (i dunno how many there are). there's also free xmas stuff for littlebigplanet and pain, as well as free themes for R2. apparently it starts today whenever they do the update.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/10/free-resistance-stuff-on-the-psn-store-tomorrow/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey
Can we price match at wallmart or someplace else ?
Although they are sold out online it says they have 1 in stock in some locations ...
I called them up and they said they are sold out.
So If I show them the deal online and their stock would they sell it to me for $20 ?

yups, gonna give it to someone who never tried COD before

PM me where to meet and I'll see you there,

or we'll just go to Sears and say hi to Firestorm =p

Anyone able to confirm if the PS3 version comes with a code for the downloadable maps?
Just curious because I heard it was for a limited time.

I can't confirm that the PS3 version doesn't, but I can confirm that the 360 version isn't the GOTY version and doesn't come with a download code.

I was actually hoping that DLC from april would be free by now (Activision..). I'm truly surprised that there's only been one map pack for a game that's been this ridiculously popular, though.

Great deal in any case :)

I already own the non GOTY version of the game but I was planning on getting one of these for the download code and then trading the copy back to EB for 25$ so I essentially get free maps :D.
I'm assuming the PC version probably has many custom maps by now.

bread's done
Back