[CANADA] Deal Request - Looking For A New DS Lite

Bamm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Are there any deals going on or upcoming at Microplay/EB where they're offering incentives to trade in your DS Lite?

Is there anywhere offing any noteworthy deals on a new Lite?

Long story short, my g/f was playing my Lite and opened the system all the way, putting a small crack in the hinge. The top screen isn't as firmly in place now when opened as it used to be (barely noticable, but I'm pretty anal when it comes to the condition of my stuff like that, and knowing the crack is there even when it's only noticable when I really get down and size the thing up is on my mind every time I touch the system) and I'm just wondering what replacement options there might be out there. Plus I guess owning the cobalt/black one would be cool, I'm pretty impressed with the color scheme.

It's just too bad this had to happen just after the 1 year mark. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how Nintendo is for repairs on a cracked hinge after the 1 year mark for owning the DS? I'll admit I haven't called them or anything yet since I've been hella busy lately, just wondering if someone else out there has had any experience that would be able to answer the questions first.

Cheers

When I called Nintendo last year to fix my DS Lite that was just over the warranty period, they wanted something ridiculous like 90 dollars to repair my screen (which was just scratched). Not including the shipping, I believe.

I just waited for a deal at EB, and ended up getting a brand new DS Lite with their Trade 5 deal. Don't know if they're planning to do that deal again, but it was a steal.

You could always keep an eye open for a Boxing Day sale, too, if you don't mind standing in a line for a while.

Boxing Day sales were my initial thought as well, but I'm going to be out of town for the holidays with no internet access. Fun times.

At least it'll be peaceful for doing my school related research stuff.

I called Nintendo about fixing my hinge crack before, since you're past the 1 year mark I'm pretty sure they said it would be like $75 to get it fixed.

IF shoppers drugmart near you sells them, that is THE place to get a deal. You need the optimum point card, and wait for a weekend when they have 20X points promo on. You pay $135 or $140, but the value of the points you can use toward something else makes it the best deal around, but only on 20X points day.

[quote name='zoro69']IF shoppers drugmart near you sells them, that is THE place to get a deal. You need the optimum point card, and wait for a weekend when they have 20X points promo on. You pay $135 or $140, but the value of the points you can use toward something else makes it the best deal around, but only on 20X points day.[/quote]

For the record:

10 points per dollar spent (cents rounded down), pre-tax.

$135 * 10 = 1350 points
1350 points * 20 = 27,000 points
+1000 for letting them spam your email
+2000 for signing up for the first time (at least it used to be)
= 30,000 points.

You can cash in for 30,000 points for $55 off a purchase (paying for the tax on that $55, of course). That could be a game or two.

Or hit their next big bonus point days and save up to the next two tiers:

40,000 = $75
75,000 = $150

If you go on one of their cash-in days, about three per year, you can make those values $100 and $200 instead.

bread's done
Back