(Canada) EB Flyer March 12-21

SickBoy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just reposting what I had the patience to type in over at NeoGAF. Sorry about formatting and such.

Just got a flyer in my paper today for EB, 360 Arcade is on for $129.99 March 13-19.

Also:

COD4 and COD5 (World at War): $45 each (15 off)
Modern Warfare 2: $55 (10 off)
Dante's Inferno: $50 (20 off)
Mass Effect 2: $60 (10 off)
Army of Two 2: $50 (20 off)
Left 4 Dead 2: $50 (20 off, really?)

Animal Crossing w/Wii Speak $60 (10 off)

Star Craft Battle Chest $10 (10 off)
WOW Battle Chest $35 (10 off)
Wrath of the Lich King $40 (10 off)

Prototype $25 (25 off)
COD: World at War Collectors -- note, this is the 360 version: $30 (30 off)
Mercenaries 2: $5 (10 off)
Haze: $10 (15 off)
SOCOM: $5 (20 off)

EDIT: There are also a bunch of console trade in deals (get $150 for your Xbox plus 2 games if you put it towards a new system, for example) including an odd one: "Extra $75 Trade In Credit when you trade in a select old console towards a new console.". Not really sure about how those work, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up on $30 CoD: WaW, I wouldn't have bought that game otherwise. :applause:

I'm debating to get Assassin's Creed 2 at futureshop...

[quote name='Firestorm']This is stupid, but I regret trading in my old 360 due to the loss of my chrome disc tray :([/QUOTE]

Get a nice faceplate, the FFXIII would look really nice with it. I understand. My Halo 3 360 would be traded in if it weren't for the fact my hard drive would look terrible on a white machine. I also don't want to give it up I really like it the Halo theme.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Get a nice faceplate, the FFXIII would look really nice with it. I understand. My Halo 3 360 would be traded in if it weren't for the fact my hard drive would look terrible on a white machine. I also don't want to give it up I really like it the Halo theme.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about getting a faceplate like the FFXIII one, but is there anywhere that is selling it for a reasonable price ($10). I know I saw before that it had a $40 price tag and there would be no way in hell i would pay that much.

I did end up getting the Arcade though. My FS only had 09's but I managed to grab a Dec 09 so should still be pretty close to the newest revisions.

[quote name='Firestorm']This is stupid, but I regret trading in my old 360 due to the loss of my chrome disc tray :([/QUOTE]

Firestorm, I've got a lot of respect for ya bud, but it saddens me to think this statement isn't sarcastic. :cry:

Its funny how we all have different views as to what makes a console look good.

playstation-3-launch-review-an-ign-editorial-20061123005640704-000.jpg

ps3slim.jpg

metal-gear-solid-4-sony-ps3.jpg

IMHO that plastic "chrome" looks like ass. The PS3 phat 20GB was the classiest console of this gen, with the PS3 slim a close second (not counting the MGS4 gun-metal gray). I actually traded in my launch (well, refurbed launch) 360 as soon as the arcades came out just to get rid of that "chrome" tray. Ugh. Nothing says cheap like plastic chrome.

I'd get an elite in a second if it had a black tray door. The aftermarket ones don't match or look as good. I mean, seriously Microsoft. If there's a 360slim/natal unit coming out, KILL THE DAMNED CHROME!! :)

/rant

--i only omitted pics of the various XBOXs as everyone in this thread seems to own one and already has an opinion on the chrome/no chrome issue. Thought I'd be the voice of dissent. ;)

Meh, its all aesthetics. And in either case will be hidden from view under my desk. I just gotta figure out the cheapest route in order to obtain a hd now. Thinking of ordering a chassis from dealextreme and ordering a WD hd to make my own. Only issue is that no computer part dealers in canada have free shipping and that escalates the cost.

i dont trust shipped hard drives, always go local

(& a big 18 wheeler to the store is not the same as a UPS or canadapost truck)

Hehe, Well i just looked and there is a local place where i can get WD drives pretty decent. Now I just need to find a cheap enclosure.

[quote name='collector42']The PS3 phat 20GB was the classiest console of this gen, with the PS3 slim a close second (not counting the MGS4 gun-metal gray). [/QUOTE]
Agreed. When I bought the 60GB PS3, my only regret (apart from the price) was the chrome. I couldn't understand why the cheaper model got black trim and the expensive model got chrome. There was a time in the 80's where lower-end model cars got chrome bumpers, and higher end models got bumpers with paint matching the rest of the vehicle. *sigh* why didn't Sony do this?

[quote name='collector42'] --i only omitted pics of the various XBOXs as everyone in this thread seems to own one and already has an opinion on the chrome/no chrome issue. Thought I'd be the voice of dissent. ;)[/QUOTE]
I still don't have an XBox 360. If this price doesn't drive me to get one... ;)

Honestly I think the Elites look hideous. Matte Black + Chrome = UGH MY EYES

Though I'm kinda thinking of putting and ad up on Kijiji, trading my 20 GB PS3 for a 120 Slim. My friends 60 GB just died, and another friends BC 80 GB died a while back two...both of them BD drives. I'm scared for my own D:

[quote name='the_void']Am I correct in thinking that you can't play xbox original games on the arcade because that would really suck.[/QUOTE]
Yep.

A harddrive is required because there a lot of bc games that require a patch to run 'better'.

And besides, MS believe bc is a luxury and not really necessary for the 360.

I picked up 3 copies of Socom Confrontation today. I was going to get it new for $4.99, but decided to pick them up used for $3.99 and use my edge discount. Not bad though. I'll give a few to my friends, and hopefully the online is worth it.

bread's done
Back