[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='craig64']Each store should have a little sign near or on the front counter to let you know that if you don't get the bottom of the receipt circled you get an extra 10% trade in for your games. If you go in again just point it out to them... because it's a written rule, so they have to honour it.[/quote]

Also, this stacks with all promos, including the GET more event. Just ask the EB monkey to scan the barcode on the sign.

EDIT: I'm updating the wiki with these values myself!

As of July 5th, 2008:
(this is before the bump)

Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy - $35
Super Smash Bros. Melee - $35
WarioWare: Smooth Moves - $21
Battalion Wars II - $17
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - $16

Xbox 360:
Project Gotham Racing 3 - $4
Viva Pinata - $3

PSP:
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - $6
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - $13

DS:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - $20
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $15
Professor Layton and the Curious Village - $11
Trauma Center: Under the Knife - $8

With the promo bump, I got $269. Hello, PS3 =D

I don't know if this has been posted recently, but as of July 5:

PS3:
GTA4: $40
Haze: $33

I went to Rogers and managed to find these two, so I decided I might as well just get myself some credit when something actually comes out that I want...

I went back to EB Games with my trade in receipt from last time and one more applicable game (#10) and they gave me the bonus credit. They were actually really cool about it.

[quote name='moosebox']I traded this in for 21$ at blockbuster 2-3 weeks ago, might want to give it a try.[/quote]

Thanks moosebox, I ended up getting $21 for it from blockbuster as well. :D

As of today before the bump

Tony hawks project 8- 5$ ( mine was busted :p)
pingpong 5$
saints row 5$
spiderman 3- 9$
fifa 06- 6$

did not qualify- nhl 07 - 2$

all for 360

Are gamecube games still worth anything?

I see Mario Strikers, Mario Party, Mario Superstar baseball and a lot of other games at Rogers's Video going for $10 and it seems everyone is posting 360/ps3 games.

Anyone got an update on Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for the 360?

The last reported value is $40, but I have a feeling it's dropped some since that was on 5-20-08.

[quote name='wEEman33']Anyone got an update on Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for the 360?

The last reported value is $40, but I have a feeling it's dropped some since that was on 5-20-08.[/quote]
I traded it in on July 4th and got $40.

[quote name='ravrius']Are gamecube games still worth anything?

I see Mario Strikers, Mario Party, Mario Superstar baseball and a lot of other games at Rogers's Video going for $10 and it seems everyone is posting 360/ps3 games.[/quote]

Those are worth around $10-20, since they're relatively rare and first-party AAA games. However, they're not valid for Trade-in promotions anymore.

Alright guys, the Wiki's great and all that, but it's a pain to update. I plan on coding a new UI where you can just fill out a form to add games, plus a better search function than Ctrl+F. To do that I need a website that lets me tinker with the HTML. So does anyone know any free web-hosting sites that will let me do that? I can live with ads, but it has to be free. Thanks.

Conan and Dark Messiah Might and Magic 360 are down to $6 TIV each (360)

NFL Tour, PGR4 and Transformers (all 360) still work for trade 3, so they are more then 8 bucks each still.

These are all the same prices as currently in the Wiki

|360||NHL 08||$7||07-08-08
|360||Call of Duty 3||$7||07-08-08
|Wii||Super Smash Bros. Brawl||$35||07-08-08

[quote name='Lockescythe']annoying - Dark messiah dropped to 6 for today. Which means my trade 3 failed. boourns.[/quote] Same goes for me....also Scarface for the Wii is $4

luckily I have a backup game so I'm headed back tomorrow. In other good news I just traded away dark messiah on a game trading site for assassins creed. sweet.

At Blockbuster I picked up NFL Tour [360], Medal of Honor: Airborne [360], Soldier of Fortune: Payback [360], Two Worlds [360], Spiderman 3 [360], Turning Point: fall of man [PS3], Unreal Tournament 3[PS3] all marked at $14.99 and buy 2 get 1 free at Blockbuster, you can get any 3 for $30 plus tax, all worked at EB games for the trade 3 promo

I don't expect the trade in value of some of the above titles to last much longer so try at your own risk but it's cheap way to pick up some of the titles listed on the Trade 3 Ebgames post, I was able to pick up Too Human, Tales of Vesperia, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway and Mercenaris 2, I think I will quit while I am ahead, good luck to those who try

[quote name='darkandlong']Conan and Dark Messiah Might and Magic 360 are down to $6 TIV each (360)

NFL Tour, PGR4 and Transformers (all 360) still work for trade 3, so they are more then 8 bucks each still.[/quote]

Did Dark Messiah drop this morning or in the evening? lol.....curious when the price drops generally take effect.

[quote name='Encrypt']At Blockbuster I picked up NFL Tour [360], Medal of Honor: Airborne [360], Soldier of Fortune: Payback [360], Two Worlds [360], Spiderman 3 [360], Turning Point: fall of man [PS3], Unreal Tournament 3[PS3] all marked at $14.99 and buy 2 get 1 free at Blockbuster, you can get any 3 for $30 plus tax, all worked at EB games for the trade 3 promo

I don't expect the trade in value of some of the above titles to last much longer so try at your own risk but it's cheap way to pick up some of the titles listed on the Trade 3 Ebgames post, I was able to pick up Too Human, Tales of Vesperia, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway and Mercenaris 2, I think I will quit while I am ahead, good luck to those who try[/quote]

Those games have been that price since May, EB hasn't dropped the value on those titles at all. Even Turning Point(PS3) trades in for $26, horrible game and they are offering alot for it. Although you should pick up more of those games before the B2G1 ends next week, take advantage of it more.

[quote name='supergrover99']Did Dark Messiah drop this morning or in the evening? lol.....curious when the price drops generally take effect.[/quote]

I think it changed Monday, since I used it for Mercs 2 Saturday.

[quote name='ammowasted']Are you serious? Mass Effect is only $7??[/quote]

Yeah, pretty surprising, but the retail price is dropping everywhere and its been out for a while now and lots of people bought it.

[quote name='ammowasted']Are you serious? Mass Effect is only $7??[/quote]

Yeah, tell me about it. I traded it in (I needed the credit... and I plan to buy it once it drops a bit cheaper), but I went over to the used wall and they're selling it used for $54.99! I was pretty pissed off by that...

Juiced 2 no longer qualifies for the trade 3

Transformers, Simpsons, Sega Rally still do (these are $10 or $15 games @ BBV)

I'll update the wiki shortly

Edit: The guy I traded some stuff into was smarter today.. he did the T3G1F and the trade for bonus credit in two separate transactions, so no stacking :(

Edit 2: Got Fallout 3 Collector's edition as the Trade 3.. it was $69.99 (i.e. eligible for the trade 3) so it's a no brainer

Traded in 3 for Too Human... I might switch it when the game is released. Plus I got $10 cuz I traded in 3 current-gen titles.

Forza Motorsport 2 - $2
GRAW - $7
GRAW2 - $2
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $11

[quote name='ChaosKnight']Traded in 3 for Too Human... I might switch it when the game is released. Plus I got $10 cuz I traded in 3 current-gen titles.

Forza Motorsport 2 - $2
GRAW - $7
GRAW2 - $2
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $11[/quote]

Was Mortal Kombat Armageddon for the 360?

As of 7/9:

Blue Dragon (X360) - $6
Timeshift (X360) - $2
Lego Indiana Jones (X360) - $25
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (X360) - $40
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (wii) - $20

[quote name='supergrover99']Was Mortal Kombat Armageddon for the 360?[/quote]

Armageddon is not on the 360. I think it's only for PS2 and Xbox.

Anybody know how much credits I get for Ninja Gaiden 2 and Smackdown vs Raw 2008 Xbox360 versions?

[quote name='supergrover99']Was Mortal Kombat Armageddon for the 360?[/quote]

Sorry, I swear i thought I typed this in.
It's for the Wii.

[quote name='Gombay']What does SW mean for those Trade-In Values? (Ninja Gaiden II SW, Battlefield: Bad Company SW, etc.)[/quote]

Software, as in just the game. So when they say Guitar Hero III or Rock Band SW, they mean they are offering that much for just the game, no accessories with it.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']TripleQ where you find this page at EBGAMES.ca? How come when I go to their site there are no links to a trade in value list.[/quote]

It's under Used->Featured Trade Values.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']Traded in 3 for Too Human... I might switch it when the game is released. Plus I got $10 cuz I traded in 3 current-gen titles.

Forza Motorsport 2 - $2
GRAW - $7
GRAW2 - $2

Which games did you trade for the game Too Human? Did you mean these games? Don't they have to be $8 or more? And if this is not the case, if you got $10 extra credit, don't the games have to be $3 or more in trade-in value credit? I went to two different EB's and both of them told me min. value is $3. Thanks.

Forza Motorsport 2 - $2
GRAW - $7
GRAW2 - $2

ChaosKnight, I also forgot to ask if the $11 was before or after the bump... I have a copy for the wii I wouldn't mind parting with.

[quote name='tigerhawk33']Which games did you trade for the game Too Human? Did you mean these games? Don't they have to be $8 or more? And if this is not the case, if you got $10 extra credit, don't the games have to be $3 or more in trade-in value credit? I went to two different EB's and both of them told me min. value is $3. Thanks.[/quote]

Oh, the only game I traded into EB for Too human on that list was Mortal Kombat (+ two unlisted games [Sega Rally Revo and Transformers for the 360]). Sorry for the mix up.

[quote name='supergrover99']ChaosKnight, I also forgot to ask if the $11 was before or after the bump... I have a copy for the wii I wouldn't mind parting with.[/quote]

It's before the bump up :)

Nights wii 10$
spiderman 3 360 9$
pokemon ranger 14$
batallion wars 2 wii 15$
sonic and the secret rings 2$(dammit still stuck with this thing!)
TMNT 360 1$ (bought it for 4 off them but got 1000/1000 already so might try trading it to someone down the line)
Turning Point 360 18$

Got civ 360 and need 1 more game to get something else (probably soul calibur for a week then spend the money on either lost odyssey or vesperia)

Lego Indiana Jones (360) - $25
MLB Power Pros (Wii) - $7
Burnout Revenge (360) - $10
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (360) - $8 I think

Tiger Woods 07 surprised me a little, I bought it for $10 at BBV and realized I'm too used to the Hot Shots games to play the Tiger games now. I'm happy to have gotten my money back on it :D

They also seemed to cross promos. The guy said that since I traded in 3 current gen titles I got the $10 extra credit, which let do the trade 3 on Civilization Revolution. Then, I still had Lego Indy plus $10 extra somehow, so I put that towards Unreal Tournament for 360 and got it for $25.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']Oh, the only game I traded into EB for Too human on that list was Mortal Kombat (+ two unlisted games [Sega Rally Revo and Transformers for the 360]). Sorry for the mix up.

Thank you ChaosKnight~! :)

I have a good idea. Maybe we should start a website or something so people instead of selling to EB games for their tiny TIV they sell to us (members) for a slightly larger price.
we win , the guys who sell us the game wins , EB loses :p

bread's done
Back