[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lockescythe']Eternal Sonata 13$ (I actually kept it rather than trade it in)[/quote]
Good call as I have been told they are no longer manufacturing the discs.

well Im 1000/1000 in it.

But if its going to become rare maybe I should just keep it.
I was gonna send it off on goozex for 700 pts but wanted to see the eb value first.

[quote name='Lockescythe']well Im 1000/1000 in it.

But if its going to become rare maybe I should just keep it.
I was gonna send it off on goozex for 700 pts but wanted to see the eb value first.[/quote]

Not sure 360 one is going to be rare or not, but there will be ps3 version for it. NA release is out in Oct.

EB TIV Sept 03

Wii games:
Battle of the bands 13
Trauma Centre New Blood 11

got my NHL 09 Preorder

Side note,
Little Big Planet and Socom Preorder stuff @ Metrotown EB location. They are all out of storm troopers it appears.

Hey gang. Going to post this here and RFD since I read both sites. Here are some tivs that I got or just asked about. Sorry in advance if I didn't know or couldn't remember some of the tivs. :)

PS3
Madden 07 $8

Armored Core 4A and Far Cry 2 pre-ordered.

Went in again to get rid of some games:

PS3
Unreal Tournament III = $8

Xbox360
Turning Point = $13

Wii
Tiger Woods 07 = $13 or $15 I can't remember (I was like holy s***!, that much?)

Last week I traded a few games in at EB in the Pacific Center Vancouver.

Mario Galaxy $35 (Wii)
Legend of Zelda $37 (Wii)
Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix $15 (Wii)

Professor Layton $25 (DS)
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl $23 each (DS)

According to the Wiki..
PS3 NHL 08 $10 09-03-2008
Can anyone confirm or can I assume they put the date in incorrectly.

[quote name='Jest']According to the Wiki..
Can anyone confirm or can I assume they put the date in incorrectly.[/quote]
It was $7 at the end of August, pretty sure that date is wrong.

[quote name='Jest']According to the Wiki..
Can anyone confirm or can I assume they put the date in incorrectly.[/quote]

that's the TIV at blockbuster. last tiv confirmed at eb was $17, as of 7/19/2008

Yeah found that out today :(

Heres my receipt from this morning:
Folklore PS3 - $18
Twilight Princess Wii - $37
Dark Sector PS3 - $5
Resident Evil 4: Wii - $11?
NHL 08 PS3 - $7
MGS4 - $30
FFT: WotL - $13?
Hot Shots Golf 5 - $26
Smash Bros Brawl - $35
? = these were bumped to $25 to take advantage of the NHL 09 deal

Ill go update the wiki

The deal only lasts for a week after the particular games release. Its just like all trade 3 get it free deals even though its "Trade 2 and get the game for $9.99" haha.

Also here are some TIVs that are 8 or more (all for the 360):
- Bioshock
- Virtua Tennis 3
- COD 4 (obviously)
- The Orange Box
- Gears of War

Hi all. (^__^)/

Turning Point 360
Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix Wii
Star Trek: Conquest Wii

These 3 still work. Couldn't remember the values. Quake 4 is only $4 and FFXI Online (360) is $0. lol

Also Atelier Iris 3 = $8 (PS2)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 = $8 (PS2)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 = $2 or 3 (sorry can't remember)

Hey guys, i know this is a long list but my xbox broke and i wanted to know what the trade in values of these might be. so if any of you have the TIV's then let me knowww!

1. Xbox 360 elite
2. Wifi Adapter
3. 120 Gb hard drive
4. Two wireless controllers.
5. Play and charge kit
6. Halo 3
7. Oblivion
10. WWE smackdown vs raw 2008
11. nhl 08
12. gears of war
13. guitar hero 3 + controller

[quote name='michaelli']Hey guys, i know this is a long list but my xbox broke and i wanted to know what the trade in values of these might be. so if any of you have the TIV's then let me knowww!

1. Xbox 360 elite
2. Wifi Adapter
3. 120 Gb hard drive
4. Two wireless controllers.
5. Play and charge kit
6. Halo 3
7. Oblivion
10. WWE smackdown vs raw 2008
11. nhl 08
12. gears of war
13. guitar hero 3 + controller

[/quote]

Why not list the price and ur location? I'm sure ull get more this way....heck there a few things ill buy off of you!

[quote name='gamer602']Why not list the price and ur location? I'm sure ull get more this way....heck there a few things ill buy off of you![/quote]

IM located in ottawa, but im not really looking forward to selling, im just interested in what the values are if i traded in at eb

Sept 13th

Gears of War (360) - 8
Cosmic Family (wii) - 11

Tony Hawk Proving Ground (360) - 8

side note, was able to ask FS to take back DOAX2 for credit to buy spore. (from the 199$ 360 with games deal)

seems we can return the cheaper game according to a few entertainment associates.

[quote name='shifty_37']Today.
360:
rockband - $7
rockband guitar - $11
guitar hero 3 guitar - $15[/quote]

Damn, that sucks. I was hoping RB1 would've been at least 8! Ugh. I'm still tempted to trade in one of my RB1 guitars to get one of the new RB2 ones...

Wii:
Madden 08 = 12
Harry Potter Order of the phonix = 15
Super Swing Golf = 12

Xbox 360
Rockband = 7
Viva Pinata Party Animals = 6

DS:
Children of mana = 12

Sept 19, Ottawa ON

Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga: $17
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles: $16
Trauma Center: New Blood: $11 or $14 (this got bumped up by the 3-for-1)
No More Heroes: $11

I liked all of these games, especially NMH, which was the hardest one to let go. But I beat it twice, and am not obsessive enough to go back and collect all of the cards and clothes.

Although it started as much of a lift, almost all of the current-gen titles have been updated.
Besides, I've had a few busy weekends and not much extra time for coding - once in place it will be just as easy to update :)

[quote name='neksus']Although it started as much of a lift, almost all of the current-gen titles have been updated.
Besides, I've had a few busy weekends and not much extra time for coding - once in place it will be just as easy to update :)[/quote]

Awesome, I take back all the nasty things I said about you behind your back! :grouphug: ;)

haha thanks
Currently working on:

1. User registration to save custom searches as defaults, a few other preferences.
  2. W/ registration users can "suggest" new prices, where people with moderation status (I'm aiming for at least 7 or 8 to approve new values as frequently as possible - these positions however must be trusted to not just run rampant with the database) can approve/decline new updates.
  3. Another registration feature is to add a list of what games you have (and/or are willling to part with) and get a tabulated index of where you should trade your games to get the most bang, taking into account current trade offers.
  4. Local eb/bbv phone numbers in the hopes people will call every now and then and update a few of the titles.
  5. Possible sms service where you text a game and get the tivs sent back to you - done only with registration and a phone number on file.
  6. FS TIVS (which will be started Wednesday after my history reading, english test and two photography assignments :p

Done:

1. tivs.ca mobile site which lists qualifying >$8 titles known within the last 60 days (if you haven't yet, try going to tivs.ca from your cellphone while at blockbuster next ;))
  2. "Current trends" which indicates if the title has been gaining or losing value.
  3. Notification beside out-of-date titles to denote that it may be inaccurate.
  4. User database implemented and ready to go, just need to write the registration page.

Suggestions welcome :)

[quote name='SVxM']Anyone have a problem with the wiki?
http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Looks like the page is gone...[/quote]

Looks like the entire scribblewiki site is down... can't login.

[quote name='neksus']Although it started as much of a lift, almost all of the current-gen titles have been updated.
Besides, I've had a few busy weekends and not much extra time for coding - once in place it will be just as easy to update :)[/quote]

Props for keeping it updated... the threads on RFD are terribly inconsistent and a pain to go through. People expect it to be like the Holy Grail of TIVs then get all upset when their games aren't accepted. And of course there are those who list multi-platform games without the platform.

That's great.. my initial concern was that we'd be splitting the data into your site and the wiki and it'd be hard to update your site. Now that scribblewiki seems to be so unstable it's a good thing you've got your site up.. I'd be willing to help moderate it if you want. I had been pretty active with updating the wiki from RFD and here although have been too busy recently.

First off, the site is awesome. The only thing I would suggest is a way to see ALL the values on a mobile device (maybe a separate link or something). Sometimes it's nice to know that something trades for $7.

It would be an easier way to see which trade values or more relevant and timely. To see a game in yellow that is $8+ but is from November of 2007 odds are it has gone down in price. If we can sort by date, we can see the most recent chunk of games that have been updated and are $8.00 or more.

[quote name='neksus']No there isn't - I didn't really consider it as a viable option. If you want it it wouldn't be that hard to implement, though.[/quote]

[quote name='neksus']haha thanks

1. tivs.ca mobile site which lists qualifying >$8 titles known within the last 60 days (if you haven't yet, try going to tivs.ca from your cellphone while at blockbuster next ;))
Suggestions welcome :)[/quote]

This is really great cause I can now check it from inside BBV or EB. Can't thank you enough. Only thing is I wish it wasn't just for the last 60 days I wish it was for any title >$8 with a date the it was checked. This way your not missing out on some older titles that still have around the same tiv but haven't been checked for 60 days, however a game that hasn't been checked for 60 days and still has the same tiv is probably pretty unlikely.

bread's done
Back