[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Tired of my 360 crashing, I thought I'd switch from 360 to PS3. Called EB for trade-in value of my 360 the guy told me $100 bucks. WTF?

[quote name='razkal1']Tired of my 360 crashing, I thought I'd switch from 360 to PS3. Called EB for trade-in value of my 360 the guy told me $100 bucks. WTF?[/quote]

EB is the last place I would think of to get rid of any consoles. Try craigslist or kijiji first.

[quote name='Usuyami']Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast is down to $12 TIV.[/quote]

what was the value before? i'm gonna trade it in, next week do you think the value would still be over $8?

Hmm, just wondering if anyone knows if there's some easy $8 TIV games I can get (preferably something I get get around Vancouver/BC). I'm missing a game to do a trade-3.

I'm told 45$ lone, maybe if varies but 45 at at least 5 stores, none no where near B.C. but still.

heading up to my trailer this weekend, just about an hour past owen sound, they have some blockbusters there (right beside a tim hortons heh) so hopefully i find some gems there, jesus last time i was in that store they still rented out PSone games.

[quote name='Icetron']Hmm, just wondering if anyone knows if there's some easy $8 TIV games I can get (preferably something I get get around Vancouver/BC). I'm missing a game to do a trade-3.[/quote]

at BBV there are some clearance PS2 games that are 7.99 each. most of the $8+ TIV titles were probally swapped up by leechers and hoarders. theres a chance that you might be able to find a title or two left.

[quote name='mahjongmaniac1']at BBV there are some clearance PS2 games that are 7.99 each. most of the $8+ TIV titles were probally swapped up by leechers and hoarders. theres a chance that you might be able to find a title or two left.[/quote]

off-hand do you know any ps2 7.99 titles that qualify specifically?

[quote name='JnJosh']I'm told 45$ lone, maybe if varies but 45 at at least 5 stores, none no where near B.C. but still.

heading up to my trailer this weekend, just about an hour past owen sound, they have some blockbusters there (right beside a tim hortons heh) so hopefully i find some gems there, jesus last time i was in that store they still rented out PSone games.[/quote]

I was told $40 when I brought my copy in before May 13th. Had to remind them of their own promo but was promptly given the full TIV.

If you're missing a qualifying game for the trade 3 weekend, I think finding a used copy of FFX should be pretty easy. I see people selling them for fairly cheap on Craigslist and RFD.

lemme see... I traded in some stuff...

PS3:

Vegas 2 - $40
Assassin's Creed - $22
Army of Two - $33
NFS Pro Street - $18
NBA Street Homecourt - $8
Gran Turismo GT Prologue - $25
Heavenly Sword - $22
Time Crisis 4 - $22
Time Crisis 4 (the gun) - $10

The Wiki is updated up to the last post (including Scooby's) except for Hardware because I don't know how to create new tables >_>

What I saw:
Xbox 360 Hardware - $100 (May 8)
PS3 Sixaxis - $20 (April 9)
360 Official Xplorer Guitars - $15 (May 4)
EDIT: Time Crisis 4 Gun - $10 (May 16)

[quote name='Skardee']The Wiki is updated up to the last post (including Scooby's) except for Hardware because I don't know how to create new tables >_>

What I saw:
Xbox 360 Hardware - $100 (May 8)
PS3 Sixaxis - $20 (April 9)
360 Official Xplorer Guitars - $15 (May 4)
EDIT: Time Crisis 4 Gun - $10 (May 16)[/quote]

Oh wow, I sure hope the Sixaxis is still worth $20 at EB. I've been trying to sell mine for $25 and haven't gotten any interest from anyone local. I'll drop by EB this weekend to see if it is.

Crackdown 360 $8
Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter 360 $8
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror +$8 (I used it for trade in three so it doesn't say what it's worth)

[quote name='jonkaho']Rayman XBOX360 - $24[/quote]
Is this Rayman Raving Rabbids? I might just play for a few hours today to finish this terrible game and trade it in because thats a ton of money for it.
I only paid $20...

[quote name='Azumangaman']Is this Rayman Raving Rabbids? I might just play for a few hours today to finish this terrible game and trade it in because thats a ton of money for it.
I only paid $20...[/quote]

BTW, the only rayman game on 360 is raving rabbids. i found my copy of raving rabbids at zellers for 10 bucks during boxing week. :)

[quote name='mahjongmaniac1']BTW, the only rayman game on 360 is raving rabbids. i found my copy of raving rabbids at zellers for 10 bucks during boxing week. :)[/quote]
Yeah, thats what I thought. I just couldn't believe the TIV...

No idea, but I still see it new for like $35-$45 at most places. I'd like to know why it STILL hasn't dropped a little. Like, sure, it's probably the best selling DS game, but man oh man.

[quote name='gamer602']How The F### Is New Mario Bros Trading At

25!?!?!?[/quote]

It's been in the Top 10 Canadian software sales very consistently since release. In March 08 I believe it was 12th? Sells very well so EB wants it!

All the following are wii games (except the last one)

Madden 07 - $8
MLB Power Pros - $10
Resident Evil 4 - $12
Trauma Center: New Blood - $17
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - $17

Super Smash Brothers Melee - $13

[quote name='craig64']Does anyone have any idea how much NCAA Football 08 for PS3 trades in for?[/quote]

The Wiki says the 360 version is $10... I can't imagine the PS3 version being outside a $2 range of that.

Also, are used GameCubes really only $25? I have a Wii and all, but it's hooked up to my HDTV and the Cube game look like total ass (I traded in my Cube in October 06). If I had a Cube, I could hook it up to my SDTV downstairs where it'd actually look good! And hey, I have $12 credit there (Halo 2), so it comes to

[quote name='Skardee']The Wiki says the 360 version is $10... I can't imagine the PS3 version being outside a $2 range of that.

Also, are used GameCubes really only $25? I have a Wii and all, but it's hooked up to my HDTV and the Cube game look like total ass (I traded in my Cube in October 06). If I had a Cube, I could hook it up to my SDTV downstairs where it'd actually look good! And hey, I have $12 credit there (Halo 2), so it comes to

[quote name='Ryy']Halo 2 is now under $8.[/quote]

Are you sure? It was $12 when I went in less than a week ago. What I'm thinking is that the EB employee told you that it wouldn't work for the trade in 3 deal and you assumed it was because it's under $8. Well, just recently they stopped accepting Xbox games (maybe PS2 and GC, not sure) for the T3GF.

Of course, if you saw the value as less than $8, ignore that paragraph =D

Code Lyoko - 10
my word coach (new one not added to list!) - 6
both for wii

dynasty warriors 6
35$
for 360

raiden III (3) - 12
for ps2

traded in PS3 Sixaxis controller today, still worth $20
also Final Fantasy XII (PS2) I got $15 for (but it was the collector's edition)

im going to bring in fantastic 4 Rotss, i saw it used for 27.99 and generally most games 19.99+ are 8$ tiv, ill check it out

Juiced 2 and the darkness are now both under 8.

Ps2 slim complete is 35.

Ps2 controllers are 6.
Mass effect is 20

Guitar hero 3 wii is 22.

Rainbow six Vegas is 8.

[quote name='soniq']Juiced 2 and the darkness are now both under 8.

Ps2 slim complete is 35.

Ps2 controllers are 6.
Mass effect is 20

Guitar hero 3 wii is 22.

Rainbow six Vegas is 8.[/quote]

is this rainbow six for both ps3 and 360 at that tiv?

Traded in the following 5 for a Cobalt DS (don't really remember the exact TIV for any of them since it was for a trade):

Forza 2
GOW -psp
Stuntman -360
Patapon
GRAW

Asked for TIV on the following but decided to keep them since the values were so low:

The Darkness - $2
Tomb Raider Anniversary (ps2) - $5
Prey CE - $2

Naruto: Rise of the Ninja (X360) - $15
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja (PS2) - $13
Thrillville (PS2) - $10
NHL 08 (PS2) - $8

-As stated before-
Thrillville: OTR (Wii) - $11
Soul Calibur Legends (Wii) - $17

As of 5/23:

X360 - Assassin's Creed - dropped to $15 (traded to BBV for $28)
X360 - Hot Wheels Beat That - $13
X360 - Beautiful Katamari - dropped to $6 (kept it for now)

bread's done
Back