[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']According to EB at Eaton Centre in Toronto, on June 1st:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2: $8
NHL 08: $8[/quote]

both ps2 tivs?

anyone know the tiv on assassins creed 360?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Feel free to start one. I don't bother with Blockbuster for two reasons:

1. Less popular than EB.
2. No trades in Vancouver. (this is a selfish reason btw) ;)[/quote]

Also they tax you when you use tradein credits. Not good...

Gears of Wars (X360) is down to $15 TIV as of 6/4. Mostly likely because of the new release coming in a week or so at the $39.99 price point with the map packs.

Anyone know a good place to pick up some of these games for trade ins for North York Toronto. Most of the BBV in my area have xbox sports games

Guitar Hero 3 for Xbox 360 has dropped to $2 (not surprising) and Frontlines: Fuel of War for 360 is $18

Spiderwick Chronicles 360 - $13
Conflict: Denied Ops 360 - ...$30 (I almost laughed out loud, considering it sucks and is only $40 new
Super Mario Galaxy - $35 (up from about 3 weeks ago when I wanted to trade it at $30...)

Off topic, but does anyone know the price of a used GBA SP?

EDIT: Or even the price of used standard GBA.

to go with SMG for wii at 35$ i got a couple more to add

NHL 08 PS3 - 17$ (wow its so much better on 360 it made me sad:cry:)
RSV6-2 360 - 40$ duh
GoWCoO psp - 22$ duh
Madden 08 360 - 11$
Burnout Revenge - 10$
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires - 13$

PGR4 - 13$
COD2 - 10$
DK barrell blast - 12$
Might and Magic Heroes - 16$
the club - 13$
mercury meldtown - wii - 3$

ebgames on sportsworlddrive by costco/futureshop in Kitchener is generous with giving TIV's over the phone. Gonna go grab the 7.99 games from bbv and pick up gaiden 2, easy way to get it for...17$? :)

[quote name='Skardee']Off topic, but does anyone know the price of a used GBA SP?

EDIT: Or even the price of used standard GBA.[/quote]

SP: 45 bucks from what I can remember.

Stock GBA: 25 bucks.

However, it's far easier to find a stock GBA and even if you find an SP, it's likely the earlier front lit model.

I would just buy GBAs off craigslist: you can probably get one for $20-30. SPs still go for around $40 on eBay though; higher than I thought.

Asked the dude at EB Games (Bayshore location) and the original version of Persona 3 on PS2 (ie. not Persona 3: FES) has a trade-in-value of $20.

That's Persona 3 (PS2) -- $20 [2008-06-09].

Could I trade all these DS games with instructions and cases

wario ware
metroid prime hunters
mario hoops 3 on 3
starfox command
animal crossing wild world

for a DS Lite at EB games?
It was at the website
Code:
http://www.ebgames.ca/hardware_ds.asp
I live in Vancouver BC Canada

Anyone know what the TIV would be for Ace Combat 6 (360)? It doesn't have a manual though, so I think that might affect the value?

[quote name='cswloo']Anyone know what the TIV would be for Ace Combat 6 (360)? It doesn't have a manual though, so I think that might affect the value?[/quote]

It won't affect the TIV but may not be accepted for T3G1F deal. The deal fineprint clearly says the game must be complete. You may get away with it if clerk is super nice or super ignorant.

[quote name='danthemightyone']It won't affect the TIV but may not be accepted for T3G1F deal. The deal fineprint clearly says the game must be complete. You may get away with it if clerk is super nice or super ignorant.[/quote]

I'm not really worried about the T3G1F as I don't think I have 2 other games that I'd part with that would work for that anyway. I'm really just interested in what the TIV would be. I ended up with it because I had to trade in a broken game I picked up at Rogers 2/40 and it was the only >$15 game my Rogers had left that I could swap the broken one with (and not get screwed in the 2/40 deal). Played it for a bit last night, didn't really like it so I was hoping to trade it into EB and get something I'd enjoy more. I'm just curious what I can get for it before I decide if it's worth it to trek out to EB with the game tonight.

ace combat tiv at bbv should be 30 or over, its still 49.99, i would be willing to bet it is around there, 24 + for sure, at EB

Cool. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll try both then and go with whichever is higher. I've never dealt with blockbuster before for trades though, but I know the one near me does do them.

Don't know if you're still wondering, but Ace Combat has a TIV of $22. I was right beside a guy who traded it in :)

[quote name='rickyricardo7']does the trade in value go down if the game doesnt have instruction booklet?[/quote]

Generally 25% deduction of TIV.

warhawk ps3 1$ (i was shocked)
call of duty 2 x360 11$
dark messiah x360 16$
Forza 2 x360 >8$
raiden 3 ps2 >8$
pgr4 >8$
nhl 08 ps3 17$ (24$ at bbv)
devil may cry ps2 3$
max payne xbox 0.50$

all values were retrieved today so are as up to date as can be

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']
Super Mario 64 DS $19
Mario Kart DS $20
Excite Truck Wii $22
[/quote]
Thought I'd post that these values were still accurate as of June 12.

Hi folks~!

PS2
Raiden = $12 (credit)

PS3
NHL08 = $17 (credit for my Battlefield:Bad Company Gold Edition)

Xbox360
Dirt = $18 (credit for my Battlefield:Bad Company Gold Edition)
Forza 2 reg. edition = $8 (I think they told me the collector's edition is $10)
Stuntman Ignition = $6 (didn't trade it)
Blacksite Area 51 = $2 (didn't trade it)

Oh just to let you guys know, GTA4 for either system is still $40.

Hey Guys, Just Wondering What TIV These Games Might Have:

Saints Row
Call of duty 2 : i saw it was 11?
Need for speed carbon
Fight night round 3
GRAW
Guitar hero 3

ALL for 360

thanks a bunch

Two Worlds - xbox360 - 11
DK barrell - wii - 12
COD 2Game of the year edition xbox360- 12
Spiderman friends or foe xbox360 - 5
Virtua Fighter 5 Ps3 - 7

Following was done at the EB at Mountainview & Argyll in Georgetown, ON:

RSV2 (360) - $40
Lair (PS3) - $10
FIFA 08 (360) - $37

Fifa for almost forty bucks seems ridiculously high given that I was nervous about it qualifying for the minimum for the trade 3-for-1 promotion. I wound up with MGS4 and Ninja Gaiden II for those 3 games plus $40 cash!

Anyone know what a DS Lite goes for now? I've also got Final Fantasy Ring of Fates, The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass, Yoshi's Island, and Assassins creed.
Thanks

Saints Row 5$
Call of duty 2 : 11$ traded in to get mgs4
Need for speed carbon 8$ traded in
Fight night round 3 11$$
GRAW 8$ traded in
Guitar hero 3 18$

Today. All for 360

I can confirm today:

GRAW (360): $8
Alien Syndrome (Wii): $8
Call of Duty 2 reg. (360): $11

and

PGR4 (360): $13

Traded all these in for Soul Calibur 4 LE (got around $73 credit)

Traded in these 5 for a DS for my little sister:
KUF: Circle of Doom (360) - $15
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 (PS2) - $8
PGR-4 (360) - $13
Alien Syndrome (Wii) - $8
Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm (PS2) - $8

Had to go to Lougheed for it though, the EB downtown in the Pacific Centre told me the trade 5 for a DS ended there last week.

Got values on these 3, and just traded them in while I was there anyway:
Odin Sphere (PS2) - $7
Thrillville (PS2 -missing manual) - $6
Conflict Denied Ops (360) - $30

[quote name='Caro']wha[/quote]

yup guitar hero 3 is 18 bucks trade in game only

12$ at microplay 18$ credit

BBV doesnt acept

bread's done
Back