[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='halcyon1234']Of course, now everyone is going to wonder which EB that was at. (There's something you won't find at tivs.ca. =) )[/quote]

Anybody want to request a new feature? lol

[quote name='Median']Crackdown and Army of Two are the shockers here, even the guy at EB was surprised at how much Army of Two was worth. Also, if I never play Moon again it'll be too soon. It was such a disappointing game.

EDIT: My apologies, they're all for EB.[/quote]

No need to apologize, I don't think the edit was that necessary ;)

FS:
Far Cry 2 (Both versions) - $35
EB:
FC2 (both versoins) - $37 (promo)
Soul Calibur IV (PS3) - $37
Rock Band (PS3) - $22

going to go to EB soon, and the title im bringing are

(ps3 titles)
MGS4
BFBC
Orange box
RSV
R1
Assassin's creed
and Sonic Mega collection plus(ps2)

going to trade first 2 titles for straight up TIV,
while with the other titles im ganna try to do T3G1F.

do they take in ps2 games? for the T3G1F?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']going to go to EB soon, and the title im bringing are

(ps3 titles)
MGS4
BFBC
Orange box
RSV
R1
Assassin's creed
and Sonic Mega collection plus(ps2)

going to trade first 2 titles for straight up TIV,
while with the other titles im ganna try to do T3G1F.

do they take in ps2 games? for the T3G1F?[/QUOTE]

Can you post what the trade in value of Resistance 1 is, whenever u get the chance?
thanks!

^^^ llol, np,

i traded them all exept orange box and Sonic..... they has 4/1 dollar value.. guh

MGS4 -$30!!!!!
BFBC -$16 :(
Orange box -$4
RSV-$9!!!
R1 -$10!!!
Assassin's creed-$ 16!!!

i traded in MGs4 and AC for 49 bux ( with 10% ^^)
and RSV, R1, and BFBC i used to get RE5 preorder :) its 69.99... didnt know that, but still , i got it :p

i was there for 1 hour and 30 minutes, becuz they wouldnt accept my health card :( they NEED a driviers licence, so i waited for my mum to come back.. and did it,

while i was there, the employee gave me list of games that sell for 5-15 bux at their store that has a trade value of 8 or more XD they told me to buy it, and do it in some other eb (they told me they cant take the games back?) they were really nice. the girl was pretty too :p (a different one)

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox 360:

CoD4 - $37
Chromehounds - $7
Mirror's Edge - $20
Dead Space - $30
GH3 - $2

GC:

RE4 - $2

Also, I traded in R6V2 (360), PGR4 (360), and LoZ: Wind Waker (GC) for the T3G1F deal, i ended up getting SF4 for 360. I was surprised that they let me use Wind Waker as part of the deal.:bouncy:

[quote name='d_bomb_23']Can you post what the trade in value of Resistance 1 is, whenever u get the chance?
thanks![/quote]

every day for the past week the price has been posted...

[quote name='Bencherstyle']^^^ llol, np,

i traded them all exept orange box and Sonic..... they has 4/1 dollar value.. guh

MGS4 -$30!!!!!
BFBC -$16 :(
Orange box -$4
RSV-$9!!!
R1 -$10!!!
Assassin's creed-$ 16!!!

i traded in MGs4 and AC for 49 bux ( with 10% ^^)
and RSV, R1, and BFBC i used to get RE5 preorder :) its 69.99... didnt know that, but still , i got it :p

i was there for 1 hour and 30 minutes, becuz they wouldnt accept my health card :( they NEED a driviers licence, so i waited for my mum to come back.. and did it,

while i was there, the employee gave me list of games that sell for 5-15 bux at their store that has a trade value of 8 or more XD they told me to buy it, and do it in some other eb (they told me they cant take the games back?) they were really nice. the girl was pretty too :p (a different one)[/quote]
What are some of the games that they sell that are $8 or more

^ well he listed the games, (didnt have me a actual list)
for one, somekind of golfing wii game, sells for 10 bux, has 11 TIV. i mentioned haze, he said that has 8tiv....
she told me that apprently quakewars TIVS was around 20 bux AT EB!
wtf.... i forgot the rest :p sorry about that.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']

i was there for 1 hour and 30 minutes, becuz they wouldnt accept my health card :( they NEED a driviers licence, so i waited for my mum to come back.. and did it,[/quote]

At my EB, I use my birth certificate and cross reference it with my photo health card. I really don't want to drive =D

^ aw, sick! last time, i could use my canadian citizenship card , but then it was when the manager was laid back.... now the new manager forces upon it :( i dont get it!

Just came back from EB games:

Sonic Unleashed (Wii) - $22 TIV
Samba De Amigo (Wii) - $7 TIV
Prince of Persia: The Fallen King (DS) - $12 TIV

EB Games TIVs!

All Xbox 360
Battlefield Bad Company - $18
Bioshock - $16
Culdcept Saga - $6
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - $2
The Last Remnant - $13
Rainbow Six Vegas - $2
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - $16
Virtua Fighter 5 - $6

Also, War Tech doesn't seem to be in their system (atleast from their searching)... but it's probably worth very little as it is.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']EB Games TIVs!
Also, War Tech doesn't seem to be in their system (atleast from their searching)... but it's probably worth very little as it is.[/quote]
They sell War Tech for $4.99 used so if they would take it, it would only be a buck or two. You are better off trading it at BBV where it gets $15

[quote name='greywolf501']They sell War Tech for $4.99 used so if they would take it, it would only be a buck or two. You are better off trading it at BBV where it gets $15[/quote]

Last time I was at a BBV I saw Wartech used on sale for $49.99 (or something crazy like that). Thought it was mistagged but if the TIV is $15 maybe it was right..

she told me that apprently quakewars TIVS was around 20 bux AT EB!
wtf.... i forgot the rest :p sorry about that.[/quote]

That quickly changed. They sell them for $9.89 new and 8.99 used.
Their TIV at EB is $4.00 consequently. BBV still takes them for a premium.
Not sure what they're gonna do with all them....

[quote name='Bencherstyle']wonder why BB is still talking them...

its 4.99 used btw.[/quote]

is it now? that makes a bunch of $4.99 games at EB now.
it doesn't hurt to ask Blockbuster which of them they'll take for their T4G1F deal. as long as they can sell them for $19.99 they let you take new $59.99 games. that's alot easier target than EB and their $8 min TIV or whatever it is now.

funny thing about that T3G1F at EB. the employee i was talking to said :sorta: when i asked if they are doing the deal, he said he saw his boss do it once and hell do it for me ( took a long time tho) but i got it. (69.99 value)
not all employees dont know about this :/

...blockbuster has a T4G1F???

[quote name='neksus']Isn't that on the we won't be beat /$37 list?[/quote]
That's what I thought but my friend went today. Scanned the game and told him $25 so he traded it in at Future Shop for $35 instead.

I'll try to come in tomorrow with the "Most Wanted" flyer and Futureshop trade-in values from the websites printed out so that I can trade in Far Cry 2 for the 360 for $35 or more.

Wish me luck!

PS3 version of Far Cry 2 is still $37 at EB. I also noticed that the 360 version was only worth $25 tradein but I did see that used copies were going for $34.99 so that's probably why it's lower.

Went into EB with a huuuugggeee pile of games today. The man asked me as I took out the games "can I please be your friend" in a sarcastic manner. I paid him back by making him delete half the games then deciding I would actually trade them in...then once more taking out the $2 TIV games. Then I proceeded to do 2 trade 3 get it frees...which took him even longer/a little after closing.
99 nights-$2
COD4 (360)-$37
Spiderman FOF (360)-$3
Perfect Dark zero (360)-$7
PGR3-$2
Spiderman 3 (360)-$7
crackdown-$13
RaymanRR (wii)-$8
Smash Bros Brawl (wii)-$30
Super paper mario (wii)-30
conan (ps3)-6
elebits (wii)-7.50
nights (wii)-7.50
transformers (360)-8
stranglehold (360)-8
gears of war 1 (360)-23
fable 2-37
mass effect- 9
mario 64 DS-25
splinter cell DA (360)-5
paper mario (GC)-8

[quote name='tymcg']Went into EB with a huuuugggeee pile of games today. The man asked me as I took out the games "can I please be your friend" in a sarcastic manner. I paid him back by making him delete half the games then deciding I would actually trade them in...then once more taking out the $2 TIV games. Then I proceeded to do 2 trade 3 get it frees...which took him even longer/a little after closing.
99 nights-$2
COD4 (360)-$37
Spiderman FOF (360)-$3
Perfect Dark zero (360)-$7
PGR3-$2
Spiderman 3 (360)-$7
crackdown-$13
RaymanRR (wii)-$8
Smash Bros Brawl (wii)-$30
Super paper mario (wii)-30
conan (ps3)-6
elebits (wii)-7.50
nights (wii)-7.50
transformers (360)-8
stranglehold (360)-8
gears of war 1 (360)-23
fable 2-37
mass effect- 9
mario 64 DS-25
splinter cell DA (360)-5
paper mario (GC)-8[/QUOTE]

props for posting all the TIVs!
Im gonna use stranglehold for the Trade 3 deal, also does anyone know if paper mario gamecube would be eligible for the trade 3 get 1 free deal or is it only next gen games?
thanks

[quote name='tymcg']Went into EB with a huuuugggeee pile of games today. The man asked me as I took out the games "can I please be your friend" in a sarcastic manner. I paid him back by making him delete half the games then deciding I would actually trade them in...then once more taking out the $2 TIV games. Then I proceeded to do 2 trade 3 get it frees...which took him even longer/a little after closing. [/quote]

Congratulations on being a dick, I guess?

...blockbuster has a T4G1F???[/quote]

that's what i said too. i went to 2 stores in my Hamilton,ON region asking for some TIV quotes and both stores offered me the T4G1F.
i was skeptical cause i figured the going rate was T3G1F. i said "well you probably have strict TIV to meet the requirements."
and they said "NO WE DON'T! lol"

as long as they can sell it for $19.99. they'll take it.
i gave them a couple stinkers that were worth $4.00 in all stores. and a couple new $9.89 games from EB that i thought i MIGHT play.
Yada yada I got RB2 new.

some people say their local BBV advertises the T4G1F.
mine only did that orally. so i can see people not knowing about it.
i

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Congratulations on being a dick, I guess?[/quote]
Sure I was being a dick, but that's because I'm not a big fan of smug assholes who think it's an inconvenience that people come in and make them actually get off there ass and do their job.

[quote name='neksus']lol
It wouldn't hurt you to not make him stay after the store is closed next time :p[/quote]
That's fair, hadn't actually planned on that part but seeing I could do some trade 3's pushed it over the edge of closing time.

[quote name='tymcg']Sure I was being a dick, but that's because I'm not a big fan of smug assholes who think it's an inconvenience that people come in and make them actually get off there ass and do their job.[/quote]

Especially when they tell you over the phone to bring the games in to check TIV in the first place. :roll:

Feb 3

Futureshop

The History Channel: Battle for the Pacific (360) - $8.40
Tenchu Z (360) - Not Accepted
N3 Ninety Nine Nights (360) - Not Accepted
Far Cry 2 (360) - $35
Rock Band (Wii) - $18

Feb 4

EB Games

Assassin's Creed :360: - $16
Conan :360: - $9
Mass Effect :360: - $9