[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']neksus, any updates on FS TIV values for the Wii? Still shows Oct. 2008 for me.[/quote]

I've had four different people say they'd email me the lists...nobody has followed through :(

[quote name='Firestorm']Hasn't happened since around 2006 or early 2007. It's been a specific list since then with certain weekends where you can do any game.[/quote]

maybe that was it :0

I dont know if this is still accurate but last week I went to the EB games in eaton's and got $20 trade in for warhawk and socom:confrontation. On a side note greeat job on the site.

Traded some games in today at EB - POP dropped. :cry:

$37 SW-force unleashed
$37 Gears of War 2
$25 Prince of Persia (I kept it)

PS3
$37 Little Big Planet
$37 Resistance 2
$37 Motorstorm 2

Not bad seeing as most of those were from the insano Zellers sale/screwup.

Love the site BTW. Great work.

^ im hoping thats a sign of a Price Drop for POP.... i've been wanting to play that game for a long time now. my kind of game.

didnt ubisoft announce a perm price drop of 39.99 for that game tho? ( in the us)

i called in today and got some trade in values for some games.
Wii - Super Mario Strikers Charged - $30
Wii - Resident Evil 4 - $16 (i think I heard it right lol)
Wii - Trauma Center Second Opinion - $8
Wii - Raying Rabbits #1 - $8

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bencherstyle']^ im hoping thats a sign of a Price Drop for POP.... i've been wanting to play that game for a long time now. my kind of game.

didnt ubisoft announce a perm price drop of 39.99 for that game tho? ( in the us)[/quote]

I think that was just EndWar and Far Cry 2. But I need this game to drop too because I want to buy it back so I can play the DLC. I knew $40 TIV wasn't going to last on a single player only game.

hey I was wondering if I can use my $41 on my edge card, use it and pay extra money for any game. After, return the game without opening it and hopefully get the refund in cash?
I have never bought an used game before so I don't know how the conditions are like for those games, and used games are generally only $10-20 cheaper right?
When you buy a used game, can you check the condition of the disc before you pay for it?

[quote name='neksus']The receipt will say how much was credit and how much was cash, and you would 99% most likely get back exactly what you paid with.[/quote]

what if i ask for a gift receipt? then i would just bring in the gift receipt and it would have no records of me paying with how much credit. Basically, i have $41 dollars on my edgecard, use it for a 59.99 game, pay the extra 19$ + tax, and ask for a gift receipt. Then return it at another store. also if i trade in 3 games, get the preorder of RE5 with the gaming guarentee. If i manage to beat the game within a week, they are going to refund me the credit with an edge card right? no chance of them giving me cash back? Thanks!

[quote name='Xeph820']what if i ask for a gift receipt? then i would just bring in the gift receipt and it would have no records of me paying with how much credit. Basically, i have $41 dollars on my edgecard, use it for a 59.99 game, pay the extra 19$ + tax, and ask for a gift receipt. Then return it at another store. also if i trade in 3 games, get the preorder of RE5 with the gaming guarentee. If i manage to beat the game within a week, they are going to refund me the credit with an edge card right? no chance of them giving me cash back? Thanks![/quote]

Usually with a gift receipt you'd just get store credit. The gaming guarantee definitely gives you back edge credit.

Look, if you're really desperate for money, just bring it in, act friendly, and maybe a nice clerk will do it for you.. if not, then try again or give up.

Eb Games: all Xbox 360

Halo 3 - $25 - the guy said that they don't differentiate between reg and ltd editions anymore and they are all the one price...
Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY - $10 (reg version is $16...weird)
Soulcalibur 4 - $15
Dark Messiah - $2
Call of Juarez - $0
Fuzion Frenzy 2 - $2
Marvel Ult Alliance Gold - $1
Dark sector - $2
Orange box - $7
Tomb Raider Anniv - $7
Tomb Raider Legend - $0
NHL 07 - $2
Lego Star Wars - $7
Lego Indy - $2
Sega Superstars Tennis - $2

i'm not really desperate for money, just wanting to see if i can get the $41 bucks back and use on at another store.

Also, is it true you have to be 18 to be able to trade in your games?
and for some reason, i went to an eb store at brentwood to trade 3 games for RE5, he said the offer ended today. After I left the store, i called lougheed's eb and they said i can still do it.
I would have headed over to lougheed to do the deal but the brentwood guy said i had to be 18 to trade. So I didn't want to make a trip down to lougheed just to know I can't do it because of my age. I'm almost 18 tho lol.

[quote name='Revelation44']the guy said that they don't differentiate between reg and ltd editions anymore and they are all the one price...
Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY - $10 (reg version is $16...weird)
[/quote]

I would imagine for versions where content is different the one with more content would be worth more...

[quote name='Revelation44']Lego Star Wars - $7[/quote]
The first or second one?
Only reason I ask is because Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy was last reported at $7 and the Complete Saga was last at $8, so wanted to make sure I wasn't non-qualifying the wrong game.

do you guys know what age is required to trade in?
is it really 18?
and when does the trade 3 get 1 free deal for RE5 actually end?

The guy told me that I can try to trade it in on friday when the game comes out only if there are any games left, then he will do it for me.
I'm kinda sad because I planned to play a lot over spring break and use the gaming guarantee to trade the game back and get the game credit towards another game.

[quote name='Xeph820']do you guys know what age is required to trade in?
is it really 18?
and when does the trade 3 get 1 free deal for RE5 actually end?

The guy told me that I can try to trade it in on friday when the game comes out only if there are any games left, then he will do it for me.
I'm kinda sad because I planned to play a lot over spring break and use the gaming guarantee to trade the game back and get the game credit towards another game.[/quote]

18 my ass.
im 16 and ive been doing trade ins. all you really need is a drivers license.

it all depends on the employee, so yours might be different from any of our experiences. T3G1F never ends.... but that also depends on the EB. so shop around.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']18 my ass.
im 16 and ive been doing trade ins. all you really need is a drivers license.

it all depends on the employee, so yours might be different from any of our experiences. T3G1F never ends.... but that also depends on the EB. so shop around.[/quote]

really? wtf damn.. cause when i traded on sunday, i gave him my drivers license and he approved it. But today, he was like oh on sunday, i shudn't have let you traded because your not 18 yet. He told me to bring my parents next time lol. A 17 year old bringing a parent into ebgames is pretty funny to me. Considering i'm about to graduate soon lol.

Well then, I guess i'll be going to another eb store in the future. And doing my T3G1 there.

Thanks for replying!

it may seem funny to you, but one of my closest friends bring his parents around. every-frikin-where. same age as me.... jesus but anywho... yea, briknging your parents when you are that age is pretty......:drool:

i just called lougheed's ebgames and they confirmed with me i had to be 18 to trade in. Which is fine.
But now i am mad about brentwood's ebgames telling me that RE5's T3G1 deal is over today. I told lougheed about it and they are like T3G1 is still going on.

I'm in BC.

[quote name='Revelation44']Eb Games: all Xbox 360

Call of Juarez - $0
Fuzion Frenzy 2 - $2
Marvel Ult Alliance Gold - $1
Dark sector - $2
Tomb Raider Legend - $0
NHL 07 - $2
Lego Indy - $2
Sega Superstars Tennis - $2[/quote]

You didn't actually trade those games in did you?

They weren't worth more with Goozex?

easily more then $80 cash on ebay for that, or more then $80 at BBV value at goozex. Take the NHL one to Bbv and sell/trade the rest

You'd think Call of Juarez would be, well, more than $0 with the announcement of a sequel.
I'd still like to find a copy of Lego Indy, which is surprisingly difficult considering it's a bundle game.

[quote name='neksus']You'd think Call of Juarez would be, well, more than $0 with the announcement of a sequel.
I'd still like to find a copy of Lego Indy, which is surprisingly difficult considering it's a bundle game.[/quote]
You would think it would be more than $0 because they sell it for $59.99 used, I saw that today and asked if it was right, seemed pretty off seeing as how they were selling it for $2.99 up until recently.

picked up RE5 Today, checked out tivs.ca before I left and decided to go through the game collection to find out what I will not be playing anytime soon

Ninja Blade is trade 3, was able to trade Call of Duty 2, No More Heroes and Army of Two for it

Quantom of Solace (360) $30
Street Fighter IV (360) $40
Wii Fit (software only) $35 (didn't know they would just take the "game" without the board, wanted to keep board but I was done with Wii Fit)

just put the $105 on Edge card for prep of 2009 Christmas (lots to play then)

eb was selling guitar hero aerosmith for 9.99
and its on the wanted list.
does anybody know the trade in value for it?
is it a good pick up and bring to a different eb store to trade in?

[quote name='mkrowe']Prince of Persia (X360) down to $20 at EBG as of 3/13.
[/quote]Can't believe that went down to $17 and now to $20 from $40 within a month

Such a good game

[quote name='saurabh']Can't believe that went down to $17 and now to $20 from $40 within a month

Such a good game[/quote]

Then you have alot to learn in the world of Trade values....

this is not surprising at all...

bread's done
Back