[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did a trade 3 today at EB for Prototype (PS3):

Battlefield: Bad Company (360): $11
Ace Combat 6 (360): $15
Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3): $11

I did 2 T3G1Fs today at EB:
Genji:Days of the Blade (PS3)
Socom Confrontation (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3)
Tony Hawk Project 8 (x360)
Sega Rally Revo (x360)
Excite Trucks (Wii)

I didn't get individual TIVs but all qualified for T3G1F. I pre-ordered InFamous and Batman Arkham Asylum both for PS3.
Just a heads up I was told that Batman was pushed back to August. The amazon date hasn't changed so I'm not sure but I thought I should let people know.

Edit: just saw on Ars Technica that the release has been delayed.

wow maybe im a bit slow, but i just noticed a FAQ section on TIVS.ca!!! great job neksus!

i think you should highlight the section on "How does tax work" though... ive come across alot of posts where people mixup giftcards with trade credit.

anyways a few TIVs for today @ EB:

Flash Focus DS = $3
Wario Master of Disguise DS = $10

Two games I finished the last two days from EB:

Valkyria Chronicles is $30
New Super Mario Brothers is $25!! $25 for a nearly 3 year old DS game!

I didn't trade VC to EB after beating it, they weren't offering enough. I sold it on EBay for $40 U.S. I finished NSMB just now and will trade it in tomorrow to finally pay off the pre-order for inFamous.

^ +1 , ok i just got back from robbers video: there TIV system is up but they r not taking in games yet...vic park/ellesmere location .... pathetic tivs! hope they have promos on tradins

TIVs there: PS3 games

far cry 2 = 10.50$
SF4 = 22 bux lol at the low TIVs

also i went to the BBV at eglinton/vic park and whos the lucky SOB who had the SF4 used copy put ON HOLD for him!?? i had my dreams dashed when she said there was 1 copy used, and i was pulling out my 25% off coupon lolz , oh well prolly wait for the robbers 2/40 deal

the ebg new trade in 5 'select' games and get xtra 30% credit... heres the lame list of games:

m7clrm.jpg

Ah crap no duplicates allowed for this, either. I was seriously debating trading in 3 copies of COD4. I have been trading games on kijiji :)
Traded a GoW2 and GTAIV each for COD4 :razz:

Well all my contacts seem to be pussies and/or forgetful so it doesn't get done (if you work at future shop and read this, NOBODY will know if you save the page and email it to me). If somebody send me a user/password I'd go into the store and get it myself.

All Xbox 360

Eb games:
Mercenaries - $7
Sonic Unleashed - $13

Blockbuster:
Skate - $4

Hey guys, just an update here.
I've acquired another Future Shop tiv list as of today and have started updating. I've done the Wii games for now...took around an hour and a half and I'm not really looking forward to doing the rest :|
I've got another...probably a solid 8 hours of data entry to go through :)cry:)...however, dead 360 + no school until the 15th + kid in day care untl 3:30, they should be done by the weekend.
On a side note, FS has tivs for almost another 200 Wii games, which I may or may not add in the next couple of days.
That said, feel free to give a call or two to your local EB and try and update some of the values for them, as that's where the bulk of us does our trading :razz:
If you can't do that, I wouldn't complain if you supported my advertisers :)

[quote name='neksus']Hey guys, just an update here.
I've acquired another Future Shop tiv list as of today and have started updating. I've done the Wii games for now...took around an hour and a half and I'm not really looking forward to doing the rest :|
I've got another...probably a solid 8 hours of data entry to go through :)cry:)...however, dead 360 + no school until the 15th + kid in day care untl 3:30, they should be done by the weekend.
On a side note, FS has tivs for almost another 200 Wii games, which I may or may not add in the next couple of days.
That said, feel free to give a call or two to your local EB and try and update some of the values for them, as that's where the bulk of us does our trading :razz:
If you can't do that, I wouldn't complain if you supported my advertisers :)[/quote]

This sounds awesome. I've got some things I need at FS.
Thanks for all you do. Gonna click your sponsors now!

[quote name='neksus']Hey guys, just an update here.
If you can't do that, I wouldn't complain if you supported my advertisers :)[/quote]

PLEASE!

add the 200 wii games!
The wii is my main system and I only trade to Future Shop.

All my friends only trade to FS too...

I'm saving up for a camera and all the values you post will be a great help...

Please Neksus, post the other 200 wii games!

[quote name='gamer602']PLEASE!

add the 200 wii games!
The wii is my main system and I only trade to Future Shop.

All my friends only trade to FS too...

I'm saving up for a camera and all the values you post will be a great help...

Please Neksus, post the other 200 wii games![/quote]

It's a pain in the ass posting new games...just adding them isn't too bad, but then I gotta get the correct cover art, resize it, add the value...lol
I'll add them after the current-gen systems are up

[quote name='neksus']Thanks j :)
I know you get alot of guff, but you still post values so you're good in my books![/quote]

I love collecting TIVs! It's getting more challenging. I'm getting alot more Employees at my local EBs that won't give them over the phone now. What a pain in the ass that is. Everyone has a different policy at EB. I went to one EB to do a T3G1F for UFC. He said I'd have to pay the extra $10 to bring it up to $69.99 cause T3G1F were only for $59.99 games. I said give me my games back and went to another EB close by and got UFC no problem. I wanted to ask Mr. Give Me $10 where in the memos it said I had to pay more but I bit my tongue. I knew the next EB I went to would give it to me. DOES it say somewhere T3G1F is only up to $59.99 for reals?

I'm looking forward to finding high/low discrepancies in the Rogers TIVs. I bet that will make for some fun times. With Rogers entering the lucrative Trade market, is it only a matter of time before HMV and TRU enter the fray? Any word on those?

Cheers

[quote name='neksus']It's a pain in the ass posting new games...just adding them isn't too bad, but then I gotta get the correct cover art, resize it, add the value...lol
I'll add them after the current-gen systems are up[/quote]

Thanks! I understand its hard work...

maybe you can PM or Email me the list?

[quote name='neksus']It's a pain in the ass posting new games...just adding them isn't too bad, but then I gotta get the correct cover art, resize it, add the value...lol
I'll add them after the current-gen systems are up[/quote]

Hey neksus! thanks so much for getting the wii list up!!!

Anyways i tried my luck today to find at least ONE game that qualified as trade fodder for the trade3 promos going... not much luck. Here's what i got though in alpha order :D:

DS - EB TIV
Assassins Creed - $7
Age of Empires - $7
Brain Assist - $3
Dodge Ball Brawlers - $X not in system
Fifa Street 3 - $7
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - $14
Grid - $7
Mega Brain Boost - $3
Pet Pals Animal Doctor - $3
Picross - $3
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 - $7
Professor Layton and the Curious Village - $11
Sonic Rush - $3
Travel Games for Dummies - $6

Unfortunetly the only games that were over $8 TIV were the good ds games that I found @ TSCC and decided to play ++ keep for my collection! All the other games that didnt qualify were 4.99-9.99 @ TSCC. stock is YMMV so good luck if anybody wants cheap ds games^

Also @ EB:
Dewey's Adventure Wii - $3
Geometry Wars Galaxies - $4
Smash Bros Brawl - $31
Soul Calibur Legends - $6

I applaud all those who can find cheap games with $8+ TIV :applause: ...this seems way too hard =(

[quote name='gamer602']Thanks! I understand its hard work...

maybe you can PM or Email me the list?[/quote]

email sent.

[quote name='thelaughingman']*snip*[/quote]

Thanks for the updates laughingman!

[quote name='thelaughingman']

I applaud all those who can find cheap games with $8+ TIV :applause: ...this seems way too hard =([/quote]

Go to Blockbuster!
Resistance 1 PS3 is 9.99
Genji PS3 is 9.99
Tony Hawk 8 360 is 9.99
Code Lyoko Wii is 9.99

[quote name='j940651']Go to Blockbuster!
Resistance 1 PS3 is 9.99
Genji PS3 is 9.99
Tony Hawk 8 360 is 9.99
Code Lyoko Wii is 9.99[/quote]

Thanks!!! I guess i'll try my luck at BBV instead then!

Is this before or after the coupon?
And does anyone know if they accept them anymore? A CAG-er was nice enough to PM me some... and they say they expire in June 5th?

[quote name='thelaughingman']Thanks!!! I guess i'll try my luck at BBV instead then!

And does anyone know if they accept them anymore? A CAG-er was nice enough to PM me some... and they say they expire in June 5th?[/quote]

Which coupon are you talking about.:roll:

[quote name='thelaughingman']Thanks!!! I guess i'll try my luck at BBV instead then!

And does anyone know if they accept them anymore? A CAG-er was nice enough to PM me some... and they say they expire in June 5th?[/quote]

before the coupon. yup june 5th.

[quote name='kleptodathief']GL finding these games lol[/quote]

i just found tony hawk 8 and genji again last night.
there's still a couple resistance 1 copies at another store i go to.
ufc unisputed is a gaming guarantee so ive been getting t3g1fs for it and planning on returning it for credit, maybe get a console for my trouble.
i'm up to 4 copies now. probably get a couple more. i guess ive been lucky bbvs have the cheap $8 tiv games.

my bbvs also have street fighter 4 (ps3) used too klepto.
cheers.

and your BBV would be where?

[quote name='j940651']i just found tony hawk 8 and genji again last night.
ufc unisputed is a gaming guarantee so ive been getting t3g1fs for it and planning on returning it for credit, maybe get a console for my trouble.
i'm up to 4 copies now. probably get a couple more. i guess ive been lucky bbvs have the cheap $8 tiv games.

cheers.[/quote]

cheers.[/quote]

Hey i was wondering, I ran into trouble with this when i tried buying COD3 [greatest hits] vs the Original COD3...
for Tony Hawk 8, have you been buying the original copy or the greatest hits one?

Called and asked for a TIV today:
Conflict Denied Ops 360 is still $15 @ EB

cheers.[/quote]

Can you pre-order more than one copy of UFC Undisputed per store?

[quote name='firebelly']and your BBV would be where?[/quote]

i use several. there's about a billion in the Greater Hamilton area.

[quote name='thelaughingman']Hey i was wondering, I ran into trouble with this when i tried buying COD3 [greatest hits] vs the Original COD3...
for Tony Hawk 8, have you been buying the original copy or the greatest hits one?
[/quote]

ive only been using the original. is there two TIVS? i knew about the COD3 issue but i havent tried the 'hits' tony hawk one. so YYMV.

[quote name='heimdal']Can you pre-order more than one copy of UFC Undisputed per store?[/quote]

i dunno. you can probably do 2 one for each console (YMMV).
but im using different stores just to avoid the issue entirely.

[quote name='heimdal']Can you pre-order more than one copy of UFC Undisputed per store?[/quote]

Yes, I have 2 360 versions on order at the same store.

bread's done
Back