[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Resistance 2 still at $37 at EB. I was getting worried it would drop with all the $30 sales I've seen for it lately, but for whatever reason EB still gives 37 for it

I apologize if this has already been asked but I haven't found it discussed anywhere: has anyone tried or been able to trade in games at the Future Shop stores in Winnipeg? I see they are not listed as participating stores on the FS website, but I find it hard to believe that the Brandon store (and seemingly every other FS in the country) is taking part in this program while the Winnipeg stores are not.

[quote name='Jucifer']I apologize if this has already been asked but I haven't found it discussed anywhere: has anyone tried or been able to trade in games at the Future Shop stores in Winnipeg? I see they are not listed as participating stores on the FS website, but I find it hard to believe that the Brandon store (and seemingly every other FS in the country) is taking part in this program while the Winnipeg stores are not.[/QUOTE]

It's most likely because of the bylaw. Doubt they want to go through the trouble in working around it... well right now, anyways. I was told by a friend the one on St. James wasn't accepting trade-ins for sure. Don't know about the rest, though.

TIVS Futureshop May 17:
MLB Power Pros Wii - still 3.60
Zelda Twilight Wii - now 37.00
Zack Wiki Wii - still 3.60
Rayman Rabbits 2 Wii - still 3.60

Blockbuster Cheap Game / Eligible EB T3G1F Game Hunting: Pt. ?

360 - Sega Rally Revo - 9.99
PS3 - COD3 - 9.99

add those to the list of other $9.99 EB-T3 eligible games:

PS3 - Def Jam Icon
PS3 - Genji
PS3 - Resistance
360 - Tony Hawk P8
360 - Crackdown

Anyone happen to know the current TIV for a Wii console, and possibly the price of a preowned PS3 console? I've got a spare Wii lying around here that I'm considering getting rid of. Damn 'friends' and their asking for favors.

i saw someone mention this on RFD.
i also got PST + GST when i traded at FS yesterday.
is this new? it's been so long since i traded there.
i don't remember that ever being policy. is that SOP now?

[quote name='j940651']i saw someone mention this on RFD.
i also got PST + GST when i traded at FS yesterday.
is this new? it's been so long since i traded there.
i don't remember that ever being policy. is that SOP now?[/QUOTE]

hmm. over the past 3 days ive done two trade-ins.

On my receipt both DO NOT include tax. I got quoted $8.40 TIV for a game and thats all i got on the giftcard/store credit card.

Maybe it has to do with a minmum amount of trade credit you get? The highest I've ever done is $20.40 and $16.80 for those two transactions.

[quote name='thelaughingman']hmm. over the past 3 days ive done two trade-ins.

On my receipt both DO NOT include tax. I got quoted $8.40 TIV for a game and thats all i got on the giftcard/store credit card.

Maybe it has to do with a minmum amount of trade credit you get? The highest I've ever done is $20.40 and $16.80 for those two transactions.[/QUOTE]

hmm, this is odd. ill try one this week n see wut comes up

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Tell us more.[/QUOTE]

This Wii was being sold locally for a pretty good price and a friend who was interested in owning one asked if I'd pick it up for them if they paid me back later. That was 3 months ago, and they've started to drop hints that they 'don't know if they can really afford it anymore'. It's stuff like this that makes people not want to help anyone out.

[quote name='kleptodathief']^ if that wii is NOT LU64/65xx then its very easy to softmod hack with SDcard, sell it on CL or kiji[/QUOTE]

How would I check that out? I know it's at least a few months old, and definitely doesn't have the newest couple of firmware updates.

I'd like know what TIV Rogers is offering. I've gone to several Rogers and their bin of used games has exploded in content. I saw copies of Valkyria Chronicles for $54.99 at two stores. I've been looking for The World Ends With You but no luck.

[quote name='thelaughingman']hmm. over the past 3 days ive done two trade-ins.

Maybe it has to do with a minmum amount of trade credit you get? The highest I've ever done is $20.40 and $16.80 for those two transactions.[/QUOTE]

it was a $13.20 TIV for one 360 game.
she said here's your card for $14.87 or whatever.
i said..... um thanks!
i was gonna try and push it and ask for the extra $15 promo TIV on the card and try to not buy a new game but i figured too much hassle.

[quote name='kleptodathief']^ if that wii is NOT LU64/65xx then its very easy to softmod hack with SDcard, sell it on CL or kiji[/QUOTE]

so now you speak 2 types of gibberish.
turd and tech.

Future Shop
X360 - Fallout 3 $40

(this was from Amazon.ca, so it didn't have french packaging. For some reason, the FS database showed a $40 TIV for both the collectors and regular english only edition and only $27 for the regular french/english version.)

As a side note, they added tax to the trade credit, so it came to $42.

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']hey guys anyone certain that future shop gives back taxes for the trade in? or its really YMMV?? like anyone know if its definite policy for future shop?[/QUOTE]

It is for sure YMMV even if there is a policy in place. When I traded in Fable 2 the girl doing the trade made a comment about it being strange that it added the taxes to my trade and that it hadn't done that for other games.

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']hey guys anyone certain that future shop gives back taxes for the trade in? or its really YMMV?? like anyone know if its definite policy for future shop?[/QUOTE]

Definitely ymmv, I've traded a few games there, the latest being on Tuesday, and they've never given me credit for the tax.

Best Buy Edmonton TIVs
Prince of Persia PS3 - $22.80 [only $13.20 from Future Shop]
Smackdown vs Raw PS3 - $22.80

Used the gaming guarantee on my copy of UFC: 360 today.
Ebgames has such nice policies for preorders!

TIVs @ EB
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 DS = $10
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time DS = $15

edit: If any CAG-er wants the xboxlive download code for the 2 bonus fighters, give me a PM. I never used mine.

EDIT: taken by MaddogMonty!

^ i plan to return UFC as well but i wont' even open it lol..i wonder if they still OPEN the seal when they take it back to check if its a legit BNIB sealed game?

[quote name='kleptodathief']^ i plan to return UFC as well but i wont' even open it lol..i wonder if they still OPEN the seal when they take it back to check if its a legit BNIB sealed game?[/QUOTE]

although YES i know they are worth the same...
If you say you want a "refund" for a $79.xx giftcard they wont open it.
If you say you want to "use the gaming guarantee for store credit" they'll open it and process it as a tradein and give you an EDGE card with 69.99

i went to 4 different EB's today and returned 4 different unopened copies of UFC Undisputed.

i didn't get 4 identical results.
2 stores gave me $79.09 on gift cards.
1 store gave me $69.99 on the Edge card
1 store gave me $69.99 on a gift card.

i of course being a sociopathic hoarder, argued at the 2 69.99 stores that i get the tax back, but they didn't budge.
they said because it was T3G1F there's no tax involved.
but that doesn't explain why 1 put it on the Edge card and 1 on the Gift card.

oh well. i expected to get 69.99 at all 4. so i made an extra $18 from my "turds" as
klepto would so eloquently put it.

why can't EB have uniform policies that everyone knows about?

Futureshop May 21
Zelda Twilight Wii - still $37

Note: I did not get taxes, only $37 straight.

Interesting to know: Sims 3 PC is available for the +$15 promotion at FS for buying certain games. It is printed on the receipt when doing a trade-in.

[quote name='j940651']i went to 4 different EB's today and returned 4 different unopened copies of UFC Undisputed.

i of course being a sociopathic hoarder, argued at the 2 69.99 stores that i get the tax back, but they didn't budge.
they said because it was T3G1F there's no tax involved.
but that doesn't explain why 1 put it on the Edge card and 1 on the Gift card.

oh well. i expected to get 69.99 at all 4. so i made an extra $18 from my "turds" as
klepto would so eloquently put it.

why can't EB have uniform policies that everyone knows about?[/QUOTE]

You're only out the tax on the 69.99 gift card.. when you use your edge card you won't be charged tax.

I think the gaming guarantee is supposed to be treated as a trade in. I.e. you get 69.99 on an edge card. This is what a manager told me, and what happened when I gave back an unopened copy.

[quote name='TripleQ']You're only out the tax on the 69.99 gift card.. when you use your edge card you won't be charged tax.

I think the gaming guarantee is supposed to be treated as a trade in. I.e. you get 69.99 on an edge card. This is what a manager told me, and what happened when I gave back an unopened copy.[/QUOTE]

that's exactly what i said at that store at the time.

but she kept saying: my computer won't even let me open the Edge card
section, i cannot get into it, it's not available for this type of transaction.
so i said "the other stores had no problem" and she wasn't as impressed
by that logic as i had hoped. it was a messed up store.
this "problem" store went on to tell me that because i traded in used games
i had no right to expect tax back because i'd be "MAKING MONEY ON IT".
she said "you gave us $69.99 of product i owe you nothing else".
i said great, edge card please. and she said "nope computer says Gift card."

another interesting customer service experience at EB.

Call head office and complain. You might get yourself $10 out of it and then hopefully management gets fired. Life is short enough already, I don't need to waste my time with people who can't do their jobs properly.

^ i wudn't call head office..ebgs don't like horders abusing there t3 promos lolz, trust me i know :D ...just b thankful u get 70bux back...think bout it, it prolly costed u just less then 30bux to get back 70 in ebc credit?

[quote name='j940651']that's exactly what i said at that store at the time.

but she kept saying: my computer won't even let me open the Edge card
section, i cannot get into it, it's not available for this type of transaction.
so i said "the other stores had no problem" and she wasn't as impressed
by that logic as i had hoped. it was a messed up store.
this "problem" store went on to tell me that because i traded in used games
i had no right to expect tax back because i'd be "MAKING MONEY ON IT".
she said "you gave us $69.99 of product i owe you nothing else".
i said great, edge card please. and she said "nope computer says Gift card."

another interesting customer service experience at EB.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what she's complaining about, saying that the Edge card is not available for that transaction, it's processed as a trade for this promotion, not a return.

May 22, 2009
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

EBGames - $19

I bought this game for $30 at Blockbuster a year ago, so I'd say it's worth-it. Owners of Corruption who are interested in getting the Wii-releases of the Gamecube Metroid games should consider trading-in Corruption now before its TIV drops lower, because the Wii versions of Prime and Echoes will only be released in a compilation disk with Corruption:
http://kotaku.com/5264932/metroid-trilogy-preview-the-game-so-nice-you-can-play-it-thrice

hmm @ my double post at the top of the page...
looks like klepto's post magically disappeared =\
oh well.

TIV drop today on a game i checked yesterday

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time DS = $12

[quote name='j940651']
[/QUOTE]

From my understanding of ebs crazy rules were in ur case the 2 stores were right giving u the gift card. Because it wasn't opened its just treated as a return. The edge one works out to be the same as taxes are included. But the knob that gave you the 69 giftcard has no idea what she's doing. There's a broad at the eb by me and she's the same way even if you prove her wrong she won't admit to it.
Just last week I asked the price on 360 elite and in her world its 499 I just laughed and walked out.

How much would I have to pay on top of trading in "Alone in the dark" to get Pokemon battle revolution for Wii? I usually go to EB games in Aus, (that's where I live)
Please help!

Also, I play GBA Sapphire, and I know this probably doesn't work with battle revolution, but I don't wanna go out and buy a DS and a gen 4 game. Is it still worth getting battle revolution, like is there a plotline?

bread's done
Back