[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost Odyssey
Oblivion
Gears 1
Civ Rev

All for 360, all qualify for T3G1. Didn't get any values, though, besides Lost Odyssey for $15 and Civ Rev for $15.

EB Games:

ATV Offroad Fury Pro (PSP) - $7
God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) - $10
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP) - $15
Resistance Fall Of Man (PS3) - $10

EB Games / BBV Aug 15:

PS3:
NHL 09 PS3 - $10 EB, $27 BBV
Turning Point PS3 - $7 EB , $10 BBV

Xbox360:
Tenchu Z X360 - $4 EB, $10 BBV
The Club X360 - $1 EB, $10 BBV

Wii:
MLB Power Pros (not 2008) - $7 EB, $10 BBV
Zack & Wiki Wii - $4 EB, $10 BBV

BBV got my business, $77 credit for these 6 games.... since I only had 1 $8+ game. I will have about enough credit to get a $69.99 game.

[quote name='TigerToa']EB Games (Aug 14, 2009)

Xbox 360
Madden 10 - $40
The Club -$7

Tried updating on Tivs.ca ... the club did not take and can't do Madden.[/QUOTE]

It took :)
If it was instant-update you can imagine the damage someone could wreak :lol:

Sorry for the infrequent updates these last 2 weeks guys, I've had more important things on my plate :)

EB Games (Aug 17, 2009)

Prototype (PS3) - $37
Red Faction: Guerilla (PS3) - $30
Fallout 3 (PS3) - $25
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Ultimate Edition (PS3) - $25
Motorstorm Pacific Rift (PS3) - $20

We can update TIVS.ca by ourselves now?

Tip for people using Ipod Touch with WIFI to access TIVS.ca

To get access to www.tivs.ca/mobile when you are at BBV/EB/Rogers/FS/etc. without Safari reloading the page and making you lose its content.

BONUS: since page is saved on your Ipod Touch, no bandwich use for neksus after the page is saved.

To Do at home/work when you have WIFI access:
1) Go to iwebsaver.com on your Ipod Touch
2) Type www.tivs.ca/mobile in the url
3) Click "save"
4) Put a bookmark on the page that will appear after some delay for saving the page.

Result: Access to offline tivs.ca with TIVS updated at the day that you made the bookmark, by clicking on the bookmark page that you created.

Inconvenient: must redo the process to get updated TIVS.

Safari always reloads my page at wrong moment and makes me lose access to TIVS while shopping, this iwebsaver.com (non affiliated) makes T3G1F easier.

360:
fallout 3 - $40
smackdown vs raw 09 - $20

traded them in (w/ $10 credit) for the fallout 3 game of the year edition. haven't downloaded any of the dlc packs yet...this is a cheap way to get them all.

Wow, the 360 version of Fallout has a higher TIV than the PS3 version. I guess its because of the FO3 CE sale a few weeks back

August 17, 2009

EB Games:

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP) - $10
Wii Play (Wii) - $10
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (DS) - $8
Ninja Gaiden II (360) - $10
Kane & Lynch (PS3) - $10
Mass Effect (French) (360) - $5 --> D:
Mass Effect (English) (360) - $10

BBV
Mass Effect (French) (360) - $10

BBV sold me Mass Effect in French for 9.99, and they take it back for the same price, so I lose nothing, since I used the B2G1F too!

EB

DS Crystal Chronicles - Echoes $15
DS Castlevania Order of Ecclesia $15
DS Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass $16
Wii COD: WaW $30
Wii Boom Blox $15
Wii Geometry Wars $4
PS2 Tony Hawk Proskater4 50cents
PS2 SoulCalibur 3 $4
PS2 MGS 3 $4
PS2 Enter the Matrix $3

PS2 Stella Deus and Suikoden 3 were both $3 as well I think but I didn't trade.

as of 8/17

EB

360 - Lord of The Rings Conquest - $18
360 - Spiderman 3 - $8
360 - Saints Row 2 - $20
360 - C&C 3 Kane's Wrath - $8
Wii - My Sims - $10

BBV

360 - Hellboy: The Science of Hoarding - $22.50
360 - Project Sylpheed - $10

(as of Monday night 2 for 1 and Min.$10 TIV is on)

[quote name='neksus']
Sorry for the infrequent updates these last 2 weeks guys, I've had more important things on my plate :)[/QUOTE]

i think its amazing you've done as much of you have considering you had the
whole wedding and honeymoon planning and "participation" going on!

if we all clicked a paypal donation box for a $1 each we could get you a
nice wedding gift to say thanks for all your hard work and for helping us
all save buckets of real life cash.

do it neksus, that's your thread of the year prize from us CAGers.

All at EB Games, PS3, Aug 18th

MGS4 - $18
Soul Caliber 4 - $20
Ratchet and Clank TOD - $15

Used for T3 on Modern Warfare.

Oh, Infamous - $40

Updated tivs.ca as well.

[quote name='NoName#1']
I did a T3G1F for LittleBigPlanet GOTY edition which is listed at $74.99 so I will still have to shell out $5 unless the price drops.
[/QUOTE]

Why is LBP GotY so expensive? Isn't the regular price supposed to be $59.99?

Anyways, EB Games, today, August 18, 2009
Killzone 2 (PS3) - $35
FIFA Soccer 09 (PS3) - $19
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) - $15

Surprised that KZ2 and FIFA went up a few dollars from TIVS. Uncharted's TIV dropped because of its new status as GH. Too bad. Two days ago, it was at $25

[quote name='j940651'] if we all clicked a paypal donation box for a $1 each we could get you a nice wedding gift to say thanks for all your hard work and for helping us all save buckets of real life cash.[/QUOTE]

You are a god among men :)
Maybe not quite, but at least as good as Jesus.
Also, my first donation!
Maybe I'll put a star on your profile or something lol

All still working and updated on tivs.ca as of today

Xbox 360
Rock Band
Kane & Lynch
Dead Space
Assassin's Creed
Star Wars: TFU

Wii
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Mario & Sonic Olympics

All the ebs around here are very strict on the T3, I cannot order the games I really want (MW2, AC2, Fallout GOTY). Just annoying to go through the gaming guarantee. They all seem pretty happy about the new expanded list though, I guess it has been working out well for the company somehow.

[quote name='neksus']my first donation![/QUOTE]

That's not right! What are you guys - RFDER's??
On a side note, where were you registered - EB?
*rimshot*

[quote name='j940651']That's not right! What are you guys - RFDER's??
On a side note, where were you registered - EB?
*rimshot*[/QUOTE]

your wedding

As of August 18th Tivs

EB Games
XBOX360 - Ninja Gaiden 2 - can't remember but it qualified t3g1f.
XBOX360 - Rockband - $10
Wii - Death Jr. Root of Evil - $8
Wii - Smackdown vs Raw 2009 - qualified for t3g1f
Ps3 - Lord of the Rings Conquest - qualified

ended up getting rockband2 bundle.. lol couldnt resist. and marvel ultimate alliance :D

EBGames

The Simpsons Game (360): $10
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP): $10
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (360): $10
Conflict: Denied Ops (360): $15

EB tivs (aug 19)

Tomb Raider Underworld (X360) - $15
Too Human (X360) - $12
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (X360) - $10
Spider-Man3 (X360) - $8 (csr was laughing at this one)

BB tivs (aug 19)

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (X360) - $10
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition (X360) - $10
Hellboy: Science of Evil (X360) - $22.50
Madden NFL 10 (PS3) - $49

[quote name='TheCurse9']EBGames (Aug 19th)

Battlestations Midway (360): $7[/QUOTE]

I can't remember if it's game or the Pacific one, but it qualifies for Rogers' Trade-3/Trade-2-for-Madden offer.

8/21

EB

PSP - Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow - $10 ($10 at HMV)

360 - Ninja Gaiden II - $10 ($14.97 at Staples, 50% off YMMV)
360 - Assassin's Creed - $10 ($19.97 at Staples, 50% off YMMV)

Pre-ordered Dragon Age CE (PC), $69.99. :)

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']8/21

360 - Ninja Gaiden II - $10 ($14.97 at Staples, 50% off YMMV)
360 - Assassin's Creed - $10 ($19.97 at Staples, 50% off YMMV)
[/QUOTE]

you can get both a BBV for the same prices and they give you a FREE game too!

[quote name='j940651']you can get both a BBV for the same prices and they give you a FREE game too![/QUOTE]

In total I paid about $23 taxes in, which is just a little more than 3 $9.99 games at BBV. Plus I don't have to deal with used copies and wonder if there are manuals/scratches. Also, returning new sealed games is so much easier than trying to exchange a used game.

Trade-3 is getting harder to do with all the lurkers running around Vancouver. Time is also an issue with my job and all that. I was actually aiming for a used DSL but couldn't find a fourth game. :)

BBV:

Lego Indy (360) - $10
CSI Hard Evidence (360) - $10
Tenchu Z (360) - $10 but they wouldn't take it for some reason

Min $10 tiv still going on. I somehow had an extra $20 in credit on my BBV account (no idea where that came from since I know I only had $4 and change left), so I ended up picking up a 2800 points card for 57 cents :D since I couldn't find any trade 3 qualifying titles at that location.

EB:

Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow (PSP) - $9.50
Too Human (360) - $11.50 I think
Assassin's Creed (360) - $13

Did a trade-3 for Dragon Age CE for the 360. Tried at Metrotown and the girl said I couldn't do it for the CE only the regular version. Guy downtown said 'sure no problem, just pay whatever the difference is'. He didn't know anything about pre-order bonuses, even though I thought there's supposed to be an in-game memory ring or something. He told me if they had any left when I picked up my pre-order (if they got in anything) that I would get it. Shouldn't they put one aside for each of the pre-orders when they get them in?

Looks like there's been some wholesale changes to TIVS @ EB as of 8/23

Gears of War $13
Dead Space 360 $13.50
Metroid Prime 3 $13

Kane & Lynch $7.50
Two Worlds $7.50
(both used to be >$8)

Quick question about ebgames and trading in used games. I traded in 1 xbox 360 game (Dead space @ 13.50) and a PS3 Game (NHL 09 @ $8.00) for the trade 2 + 20 for nhl 2010 promo.

My NHL 09 has no visible scratches on it and it works most of the time. However sometimes the ps3 has a hard time reading the game. I tried the game today before i traded it in and it worked. The ebgames guy took the copy and saw no scratches and took the game with dead space and gave me a receipt for NHL 2010.

Will ebgames eventually check nhl 09 to see if it works? If so, what happens if it doesn't load for them? Will they cancel my preorder or something? I was just glad nhl 09 was still worth $8 to work for the trade in value. It will really suck if 09 doesn't work for them and they cancel my preorder when i tried the game before trading it in and it worked.

Thanks.

[quote name='lecav07']Quick question about ebgames and trading in used games. I traded in 1 xbox 360 game (Dead space @ 13.50) and a PS3 Game (NHL 09 @ $8.00) for the trade 2 + 20 for nhl 2010 promo.

My NHL 09 has no visible scratches on it and it works most of the time. However sometimes the ps3 has a hard time reading the game. I tried the game today before i traded it in and it worked. The ebgames guy took the copy and saw no scratches and took the game with dead space and gave me a receipt for NHL 2010.

Will ebgames eventually check nhl 09 to see if it works? If so, what happens if it doesn't load for them? Will they cancel my preorder or something? I was just glad nhl 09 was still worth $8 to work for the trade in value. It will really suck if 09 doesn't work for them and they cancel my preorder when i tried the game before trading it in and it worked.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

They take the risk that the game works or not. I don't think they identify games so they would know that your copy of NHL 09 is the one that is returned by the consumer that will buy the used game.

Yeah I guess a ton of TIVs changed today. When I went earlier the guy told me that a bunch of games had strange changes in 50 cent and 25 cent increments.

Got some values I'll input into TIVs.

Prototype (360): $36.75
Madden NFL 10 (360): $40.00
UFC Undisputed 2009 (360): $39.50

Still surprised UFC is demanding such a high value. Considering there's like 2 million copies out there I have no doubt I'll be able to pick it up dirt cheap at some point next year.

bread's done
Back