[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cashinstinct']They take the risk that the game works or not. I don't think they identify games so they would know that your copy of NHL 09 is the one that is returned by the consumer that will buy the used game.[/QUOTE]

do you mean they would not know who brought in the copy of the broken nhl 09 if someone were to return it to ebgames cause it didn't work?

i hope they don't identify games lol. even if they called me to say it didn't work couldn't i say they are lying because they are mad they took nhl 09 when 2010 is coming out in 30days lol.

I was shocked nhl 09 is still worth $8.00. It probably be less than that in the next couple of days.

edit- also, i never paid the $20 that i still owe for NHL 2010. Is that a big deal? they told me i can just pay it when i come by on the 15th to pick it up. Should i have paid the $20 up front? I asked the employee but she said it doesn't matter. Also, will these games be sealed? it might sound silly but my bro has bought two new games from ebgames before and they were both claimed to be new but were opened. It was the last one they had so my bro just bought it.

thanks CAGS. this is such an awesome site :)

Preorders are sealed. Everything else is usually gutted.

When you preorder, you have to put at least $5 down. The rest you can pay at the time of pickup. Doesn't matter when you pay in full for it.

Not pay the $20 in a T2 + $20 deal ... just trade 2 games bumped to $25 each... is it a good way to get the T2 + $10 deal that will PROBABLY (no source to confirm, just speculation) happen when the game releases?

was he permabanned here?
i know on RFD banning doesnt mean jack -
you can have as many profiles as you do email addresses.

His Last Words Ever:

Originally Posted by kleptodathief
so has anyone actually TRIED to do that? buying sdm gc USING an sdm gc...i bet it'll work with a n00b worker late at nite if they don't give a dam
biggrin.gif
idea.gif

[quote name='TripleQ']OT: klepto just got banned from RFD.. talking about stealing (unactivated) gift cards in the shoppers thread.. I think the average IQ just went up over there a few points

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9300757&postcount=286[/QUOTE]

What was the scheme there? Seems kind of odd to steal inactive gift cards -- was he taking them and then claiming he'd bought a card and it didn't activate properly or something?

EDIT: Just saw the "last words"... dear lord.

there must've been something else that got taken down.
cause a bunch of the mouth breathers are talking openly
about how to game SDM's Optimum points to their "optimum" levels.

sorry to be so off-topic. but this is breaking news in the TIVS World! lol

OH! ON TOPIC!

8/25 FS
Wii - Super Smash Bros. - $30.

($24.99 each so if you buy 2G1F at BBV you spend $50 and get $90 TIV at FS)

EBGames

Games that qualified for pre-order (don't remember specific values, but they were all around $10):

The Simpsons Game (360)
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (360)
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP) (really surprised this hasn't dropped yet)
Wacky Races (Wii)

SDMs got a hot deal for gcs. Stock is low on ones that are the ideal value to maximize the deal. So klepto posted he went to an esso and asked for some empty ones and was told no...so he "klepto'd some". Another post said he went to metro planning to do the same but they don't sell them. There was a previous post or two asking if doing that would work.

nothing wrong with people talking of maximizing the many SDM promos. Very rare to have any real scams posted on SDM threads (not like the game threads...different demographic mosty). Bragging you went to other stores to steal was something else altogether.

now if they'd only get rid of grappos the threads there would be almost readable

Grappos gives good info I find... a lot of talk in between the info, but I find his threads useful.

Back on topic: stay at home today, so no values to offer.

Confirmed that at Kingsway EB in Edmonton that they will be giving back store credit for those people that did T3s for Batman. :D

Still my favorite EB to deal with in Edmonton.

EB Games

Xbox 360:

NHL 09 - $8

Nintendo DS:

Nintendogs, the Dalmation one - $11

Managed to trade both and get Batman for free, but those were the original values from today.

Anyone know the current TIV's for NCAA Football 09 and NBA Live 09? tivs.ca last dates for those are from May or earlier. For 360 btw.

[quote name='j940651']and MJM.[/QUOTE]

i would we so happy if they got rid of that thing!

every minute his post count jumps by 5 or more!

he starts his posting right at 12AM to get a head start.

he should be at around 60 000 by the end of the month.

Hey guys!
www.tivs.ca turns 1 tomorrow! To celebrate, I've already lined up an up-to-date FS bulk update that should hit my inbox around 8:30am EST tomorrow (with values current to tomorrow's data!), so expect to see numbers by around 10:00am EST, at least for 360, PS3, and Wii, anyway. Might not get around to the DS/PSP numbers for a bit - at 1000 games between the 2, it takes a bit to update =/
It would be nice if people could do something out of the ordinary, like, you know, call EB and try and get a value for a game that hasn't been updated in a while! Anyway, just thought I'd spread the joy!

[quote name='neksus']It would be nice if people could do something out of the ordinary, like, you know, call EB and try and get a value for a game that hasn't been updated in a while! Anyway, just thought I'd spread the joy![/QUOTE]That would be awesome... I will try to do that... hopefully everyone else does too!

Thanks for all your hard work neksus! :whee:

Congrats and thanks neksus! Without tivs.ca, we would all be helpless, attempting to do trade-ins totally blind, like moles, or bats, or some other blind thing! Pretty amazing to consider the hundreds and hundreds of dollars that have probably been saved by the community just through using your site.

Congrats! And thank you for all your hard work! Everyone should be sending a paypal donation your way since you've been doing this out of your own pocket for an entire year now. Come on people, send a few bucks!

I'm going to try and sell all the GG pre-order bonuses I don't use on ebay.. all proceeds to tivs.ca!

Also been clicking on the ads, are you actually making any money on those?

If some games I'm looking at have an update on 08/24/2009 for EB, what are the chances that they still are at that value today? Do the prices fluctuate a lot from day to day? Thanks!

That depends on the game. If it's above $10, you're pretty much safe. $8 and $9 (and $7) games fluctuate quite a bit - although stay surprisingly long above the $8 line. Which games did you have?

I think 8/24 games should be relatively safe, it seems like they did a massive update on the weekend and dropped a lot of marginal games. (And added decimals) But in general they can and do update games daily.

[quote name='neksus']That depends on the game. If it's above $10, you're pretty much safe. $8 and $9 (and $7) games fluctuate quite a bit - although stay surprisingly long above the $8 line. Which games did you have?[/QUOTE]

Dead Rising and Rock Band. I'm hoping I can trade them in for Batman (if I can find it on PS3).

Thanks for the FS update neksus!

I don't know if it's a known bug, but the "ascending" and "descending" functions for EBGames and Blockbuster to see TIVS high to low and vice-verca are bugging.
For example, descending is showing from $9.50 to $5 (order), then $40 games, then $4 , then $39.50 to $30, etc.

It is like the programming makes that $9.50 is bigger than $40, probably related to the adding of cents for EB and BBV.

Keep up the great work.

[quote name='TheHeeyyy']EBGames (each game had a TIV around $10):
Top Spin 3 (360)
SimCity Creator (Wii)
Wacky Races (Wii)[/QUOTE]

Which price /where did you get these "wonders" (turds)?
Thanks

[quote name='cashinstinct']Which price /where did you get these "wonders" (turds)?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I found Top Spin 3 and SimCity Creator for $10 each at The Source, and I found Wacky Races for $10 at HMV.

[quote name='TheHeeyyy']I found Top Spin 3 and SimCity Creator for $10 each at The Source, and I found Wacky Races for $10 at HMV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I have to go near many Source stores tomorrow, good occasion to look out.

when did it become so cool to NOT post TIVs here?
every other post now just tells us if it qualified for T3G1F at EB.
lazy. lazy. lazy.

there isn't a spot for that on neksus's site.
you lazy bastards want a column that just says Qualifies Y/N?
cause i sure don't. it's not that hard to ask the rep at EB what their TIV is.

and as far as TIVs.ca not being "gospel".
the site is as accurate and up-to-date as you make it.

BBV

PS3 - Rock Horadalution - $18
PS3 - Endwar - $15

J940651
(the sole cash sponsor of TIVS.ca until neksus says otherwise :))

if you only know if they qualify or not, thats all you are going to get. Doesn't really make any difference, no one here is going to take the $10 or $12 or whatever. its either yes or no, and all worth the same. They never tell me the amounts, they know i'm there for a trade $8+ deal...and im not going to ask when it doesn't matter.

[quote name='j940651']when did it become so cool to NOT post TIVs here?
every other post now just tells us if it qualified for T3G1F at EB.
lazy. lazy. lazy.

there isn't a spot for that on neksus's site.
you lazy bastards want a column that just says Qualifies Y/N?
cause i sure don't. it's not that hard to ask the rep at EB what their TIV is.

and as far as TIVs.ca not being "gospel".
the site is as accurate and up-to-date as you make it.

BBV

PS3 - Rock Horadalution - $18
PS3 - Endwar - $15

J940651
(the sole cash sponsor of TIVS.ca until neksus says otherwise :))[/QUOTE]

Rock what for the ps3? If you're going to be complaining about others, lead by example and put the correct names of the traded games in. Thank you.

bread's done
Back