[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
EB 9/15, updated on tivs.ca already

Gears of War $13
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway (360) $8.25
Oblivion (PS3) $12.25 or $12.75 (can't remember)
HAWX (360) $26.75 (dropped from $33 from the last update a month ago)
Assassin's Creed (360) $13

[quote name='j940651']you only had 16 copies of Halo 3!?!?!?!?!
what are you a n00b?
you're supposed to have at least 30!![/QUOTE]

We had 32, so I convinced the boss to clear half of them, and put them towards our pre-orders and upcoming copies of ODST. I work at a gaming centre, and we so didn't need 32 copies.

[quote name='snowyeti']We had 32, so I convinced the boss to clear half of them, and put them towards our pre-orders and upcoming copies of ODST. I work at a gaming centre, and we so didn't need 32 copies.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense that EB has a "no dealer" clause somewhere in their trading deals, these deals are even good for the competition.

(I would do the same if I was the owner of a gaming store with lots of used games tough to sell and worth $8+ at EB)

@ EB

Guitar Hero 5 (360) $34.50

Resident Evil 4 (PS3) $40
Prototype (PS3) $40

plus they added a bonus of $3.34 to each of them under some random promotion...sound good to me

EB Games as of 9/16:

NCAA Basketball 09 (X360) - $1.50
Tiger Woods 10 (X360) - $28.50

Futureshop as of 9/16:

NCAA Basketball 09 (X360) - $22.80
Don King's Prizefighter (X360) - $8.40

Thanks for the TIVs site Neksus, otherwise I would have traded in at EB like I usually do, this was my first trade at Futureshop, it went very smoothly.

EB Games TIV - Sept 18

PS3 Need for Speed Shift - $40 (was simply curious and wanted to add value of a new game, I had a GG for it, so I traded it for $69.99)
PS3 Assassin's Creed - $13 (still over $8)
X360 Assassin's Creed - $13 (still over $8)
Wii Tenchu Shadow's Assasin - $8 (corrected, did not think the clerk scanned the 4 games and the total included TMGM)

Traded at Best Buy today:
- Little Big Planet [PS3] - $37

Bought the Game of the Year edition for $49.99 @ Best Buy.
YMMV you could buy the game at FS, and save an extra $1, since FS is selling the game for $10 more.

$12.99 more for all the extra content was pretty good imo.
$12 if I just wanted to buy the MGS4 add-ons from the PSN store anyway.

Overheard TIVs of 2 games at EB - Sept 18
Madden 08 X360 - $0.25 (the guy was ready to trade it at that price...)
Ninja Gaiden 2 X360 - $8.00 (really close to $8 now!!!)

I wanted to offer $$$ to the guy for the 2 games (give away Madden and use Ninja for T3) , but no opportunity to do so (and the CSR started to explain the $8 game could be use for pre-order or the guy could come back with more games for trade more get more).

People that have Ninja Gaiden 2 shall go trade it soon before it drops under $8.

For people that have Madden 08, I suppose you knew already it's too late.

Hey guys, there's an internal e-mail making the rounds at all EB stores telling them not to take Assassin's Creed (PS3 & 360) for trades anymore. Apparently EB HQ found out about the $9 Wal-Mart sale. (That or some moron abused the system and traded in 50+ copies.)

You may want to call ahead to your local EB to confirm if they're still accepting trade-ins on AC, and if they are then trade it in FAST! BTW, the TIVs are still holding at $13 (both PS3 and 360).

EB will probably start accepting it again (I heard the same thing for HAWX too) as soon as the sale is over. Let's just hope it maintains a +$8 tiv.

Last I checked these were all still unchanged.

EB Games TIV:

Tenchu: Shadow Assassins (Wii) = $8.00
Wii Play (Wii) = $8.25
Battalion Wars II (Wii) = $13.50

Pre-ordered Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (game is $49.99 for PS3 apparently) with the first two games listed. Kept BWii.

[quote name='cashinstinct']EB Games TIV - Sept 18

PS3 Need for Speed Shift - $40 (was simply curious and wanted to add value of a new game, I had a GG for it, so I traded it for $69.99)
PS3 Assassin's Creed - $13 (still over $8)
X360 Assassin's Creed - $13 (still over $8)
Wii Tenchu Shadow's Assasin - $21[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jamaal23']Last I checked these were all still unchanged.

EB Games TIV:

Tenchu: Shadow Assassins (Wii) = $8.00
Wii Play (Wii) = $8.25
Battalion Wars II (Wii) = $13.50

Pre-ordered Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (game is $49.99 for PS3 apparently) with the first two games listed. Kept BWii.[/QUOTE]

Why such a big difference in TIV?

TIV of Tenchu Shadow Assassin's is $8, Jamaal23 found logical explanation for the difference.

I am not sure why there is so much difference, I was quoted $87 total for 4 games and considering the other games were $40 (NFS Shift, confirmed), $13 and $13 (Ass 360 and PS3), it meant Tenchu's TIV was $8 and there was a $13 bonus ... considering it was $8 recently, it makes sense it is still $8.

Whoa, didn't even notice that. The EB dude checked the TIV beforehand on the computer and said that's what it was. The website's also got it at $8.00 on Sep. 16th.

I think it's probably due to the TMGM promotion. If you got a quote for a straight trade-in then wouldn't they have added $3.33 or whatever to each of the 4 games giving you an extra $13 or so.

[quote name='Jamaal23']Whoa, didn't even notice that. The EB dude checked the TIV beforehand on the computer and said that's what it was. The website's also got it at $8.00 on Sep. 16th.

I think it's probably due to the TMGM promotion. If you got a quote for a straight trade-in then wouldn't they have added $3.33 or whatever to each of the 4 games giving you an extra $13 or so.[/QUOTE]

Makes a lot of sense, my mistake! I adjusted my post...

Just a heads up. Stopped at EB and they did actually accept Assassin's Creed (360) on the T2 + $19.99 for NHL 10. TIV was still $13, Fallout 3 (360) was $40, and I couldn't get the TIV but COD2 (360) qualified for the T2.

Thought I'd get rid of Fallout 3 now while it's still worth $40, planning on grabbing the GOTY version when it comes out.

When it says no duplicates does it mean for the same console? So that means if i do a trade 3, i can trade in AC for xbox and ps3 and another game right.

Does anyone trade in new games here haha cause i think im just going to run to walmart and trade in those 2 games.

[quote name='michaelli']When it says no duplicates does it mean for the same console? So that means if i do a trade 3, i can trade in AC for xbox and ps3 and another game right.

Does anyone trade in new games here haha cause i think im just going to run to walmart and trade in those 2 games.[/QUOTE]

where does walmart do trade ins?

[quote name='j940651']where does walmart do trade ins?[/QUOTE]

Only at a few stores in the US. But I think he means he is going to pick up the games from Walmart than take them straight to EB.

If that is your plan, at least take the wrapping off.

Yeah I meant to get the games at walmart then trade them in at eb, but theyre all sold out and i tried to pricematch at futureshop and they were all gone also .. fail

EB as of today, all PS3....I updated tivs.ca....No changes though

Assassins Creed - $13
GTA4 - $14
Saints Row 2 - $19.25
H.A.W.X - $30.25

Used the first three for T3G1 on Bioshock 2. No issues using AC for it like some people have said.

EBGames as of 9/21:

Disgaea (DS) - $5.75
Overlord Minions (DS) - $5.00

Eternal Sonata (PS3) - $15.00
Folklore (PS3) - $13.25

Blitz the League (X360) - $2.00
Bolt (X360) - $3.75
Fallout 3 (X360) - $40.00
Harry Potter & Half Blood Prince (X360) - $22.00
NHL 2K9 (X360) - $5.25
Meet the Robinsons (X360) - $1.50
Need for Speed: ProStreet (X360) - $4.50
Quake 4 (X360) - $3.00
Tiger Woods 10 (X360) - $28.00
Up (X360) - $17.00

Everything but Meet the Robinsons and Blitz was bumped an additional $5 each for the trade 10+ promo. Thanks Afrodiziak for the tip on Fallout, I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but the DLC is 4000 MS points so I will pick up the GotY edition instead.

TIVS @ EBGAMES as of Sept 21st.

Syphon Filter Logans Shadow PSP - 7.50
Sonic the Hedgehog PS3 - 5.25
Ninja Gaiden 2 X360 - 7.25
used for tmgm..

NBA2K9 PS3 - 9.25
Tomb Raider Underworld PS3 - around 11 or 12?
Tenchu Silent Assassins WII - 11.25 i heard the lady said
used for trade 3 for borderlands.

Haha I was going to post some values here and clicked on the first page. GC/PS2/XBOX/GBA TIV's and Odama hoarding... good times good times. :D

From today at EB
Wii
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - $11
Puppy Luv - $10.75

Traded 2 + $9.99 for NHL 2K10 with M+.

pgr4 down to 7.50, just got it in the mail today from goozex :(.

gears 1, pop 360, mad world, battalion wars 2, TR underworld 360 all work

PSP WTF was... .25

Here are trade-in values for Halo Wars (360):
Blockbuster: $30
EBGames: $40
Futureshop: $40*
*Note: Futureshop's specfic trade-in database gives Halo Wars a TIV of $40, but in the general cashier database it gives-it a TIV of $36. I was able to get the cashier to override the lower price to the one listed in their trade-in database, but I've seen a few people list it with a TIV of $36 there, so this looks to me like a YMMV.

I think mad world was 18~, it was teh highest one (they sell it for $35). For once they were actually being read out, but the other guy was telling me about the memo about too much abuse of the trade ins at the same time. i wasn't going to use the mad world, but had it in case one didnt work which happened with the pgr4(they got 20 copies of pgr4 so not surprising).

if you want to trade dead rising Id do it soon. Walmart has a 3 pack with DR, lost planet and DMC4 for $48~ so U;d expect a price drop on all those (and eb gets screwed with their piles of dmc4)

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Do you remember tiv for Madworld? TIVS.ca says $19.50, Im guessing its wrong.
Might trade mine.[/QUOTE]

That price was updated not even two weeks ago, and it's a fairly new game, I wouldn't expect it to be lower than ~$16

EBGames Sept 25, 2009:
Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 PS3 - $3.75 (lower)
Super Monkey Ball Wii - $5.75 (lower)

I updated prices on tivs.ca

EB Games:
Wolfenstein Xbox 360 - $37

Looks like its back up. I guess we can expect bumpage for Batman as well.

[quote name='adaz']EB Games:
Wolfenstein Xbox 360 - $37

Looks like its back up. I guess we can expect bumpage for Batman as well.[/QUOTE]Can anyone confirm that Batman has gone up? Gonna trade that in ASAP.

Batman PS3 was recently selling for $38 used... why would they give $37 for it? Unless the used price was raised, i don't see how TIV could go back up.

Does anyone know how much Guitar Hero Metallica is because it used to be $40 but I don't know if its still $40 (this is at futureshop btw)

bread's done
Back