[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheHeeyyy']I'm too lazy to write-up a new response lol, so I'm just gonna copy/paste what I wrote on RFD:[/QUOTE]

you're RFD material, do us all a favor and stay there.

GTA Chinatown DS is 18$ @ FS

Fallout 3 and GOTY is 19.xx @ FS (360)

Fallout 3 360 is 16.75 @ Rogers
Bioshock 3.00 360 " "
Bourne 3.00 360 & ps3 " "
Devil may cry ps3 3.00 360 " "

[quote name='JnJosh']you're RFD material, do us all a favor and stay there.[/QUOTE]

Instead, please do us all a favor and stop acting like an elitist snob. I post deals and trade-in information I learn about on RFD and CAG, so please keep your RFD scapegoating bias to yourself.

Fallout 3 xbox360 - $30.00 - December 15th, 2009 - Blockbuster
Fallout 3 xbox360 - $19.50 - December 15th, 2009 - FS & BB
Fallout 3 xbox360 - $16.95 - December 15th, 2009 - Roger's Plus

[quote name='TheHeeyyy']words[/QUOTE]

I wish I could use big words. Keep hoarding, thank the trade lord you told us values for Tamagochi Wii and World series of poker 2008. What would we do without people like you!

On a realistic note, why does fallout 3 and fallout 3 goty have the same value? I thought recently someone was giving 40$ or 35$ in credit at least. The game is old, but when a game of the year comes out I thought it would have a higher trade in value (for the goty)

Tekken 6 (got for 35$ PP'd at rogers last month, - 30%) wasn't going in as 40$ at rogers, had to get an over ride. It was 16.50 or something. They might do another update, but seeing as this months pamphlet only is in effect for ~8 more days, I doubt we will see it on the 40/35 most wanted list.

[quote name='JnJosh']I wish I could use big words. Keep hoarding, thank the trade lord you told us values for Tamagochi Wii and World series of poker 2008. What would we do without people like you![/QUOTE]

pot-kettle-black.jpg

EB Games:
Wall-E (360) - $2.50

Rogers Video as of Today:
All Wii except for EndWar

Mario Party 8 - $17.75
Super Mario Galaxy - $35.00
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - $8.25
Super Paper Mario - $17.75
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $19.75
Trauma Center: New Blood - $3.00
Tom Clancy's EndWar (DS) - $0.50

[quote name='Thelatinsnake']Where is the best Tiv for Dragon age on 360 ??[/QUOTE]
Roger's is $40 and seeing as how the game has been on sale multiple times for $40, that's pretty generous

Best Buy, today December 16, 2009

For PS3

Modern Warfare 2 - $40
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time - $40

EB Games TIVs for December 18, 2009:

Pokemon Diamond (DS) $7.75
Pokemon Ranger 2: Shadows of Almia (DS) $6.00
Soldier Of Fortune: Payback (360) $2.25
Spore Creatures (DS) $2.50

[quote name='Jouvert']EB Games TIVs for December 18, 2009:

Spore Creatures (DS) $2.50[/QUOTE]

That's a rediculous tiv for pokemon :( they'll flip it for full price as well. :|

[quote name='Jouvert']EB Games TIVs for December 18, 2009:

Spore Creatures (DS) $2.50[/QUOTE]
Man, EB slashed their TIVs so much. Looks like I won't be doing trade ins there any time soon. =/

[quote name='ducksoda7']Man, EB slashed their TIVs so much. Looks like I won't be doing trade ins there any time soon. =/[/QUOTE]

yeah, there is absolutely no way to guage the TIV of a game anymore @ EB... not even first party nintendo games are safe. I went to EB today and got quoted a value of less than $8 for SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL... wtf?

EB is essentially sealing their fate with these tankings. The only thing they have is their reputation - once that's gone, I don't see them really standing a chance against the competition. Even if most of the competition disbands their trade programs, EB will be done.

[quote name='neksus']EB is essentially sealing their fate with these tankings. The only thing they have is their reputation - once that's gone, I don't see them really standing a chance against the competition. Even if most of the competition disbands their trade programs, EB will be done.[/QUOTE]

the problem is, its only for us savvy traders who refuse to get such a low dollar for our games. When the new pokemon game comes out, tons of parents will take their kids to EB, and take the $7.50 tiv off the purchase of a new $39.99 game.

EB will stay alive... parents or busy people who dont have time to shop around for the best TIV will still head to EB

[quote name='thelaughingman']the problem is, its only for us savvy traders who refuse to get such a low dollar for our games. When the new pokemon game comes out, tons of parents will take their kids to EB, and take the $7.50 tiv off the purchase of a new $39.99 game.

EB will stay alive... parents or busy people who dont have time to shop around for the best TIV will still head to EB[/QUOTE]
At Microplay, I saw a mother with her daughter trading in games. They were willing to take, like, $9 for Kingdom Hearts and Zelda PH! Being the good person I am, I offered them $14. ;P

Futureshop TIVs as on December 23, 2009

Edit: All DS games

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon $10.80
Nintendogs: Dalmation and Friends $10.80
Pokemon Ranger 2: Shadows of Almia $10.80
Pokemon Diamond $10.80
Spore Creatures $8.40
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance $13.20

I was in EB today and saw on their store shelves Tekken 6 going for $37 trade value.

Am I daft? Did I read this wrong? I can't get out to the store until Thursday and I'm just wondering.

Much thanks!

Wait, I just looked at the site and it's showing T6 as $39 new, $54 used... what the hell was with the flyer I saw then?

Whoa!

Brutal Legend (360): $42 (!) at BBV

Got it on 2 for 40 from RP, decided that I didn't want it and got a brand new copy of God of War Collection.

Damn I hate EB.

Went in to flip Wet and got $32 frickin' dollars for it. Even though it's on their most wanted flyer, they say because of the sale they're dumping it down in cost.

I didn't feel light fighting, because the people at this EB are dipwads, so I took it... But I'm going to do some research and come back to challenge their "Won't be beat!" BS.

Probably too late now, and I don't know how much headache I'm willing to go through for $8... The guy at the counter was an utter douche though. I swear.

Regardless, I've dumped $200 in and have gotten my ME2 LE, Bayonetta, Darksiders fully paid for and about $80 down against GoW3 and Bioshock 2 LEs. I can't complain too much.

December 31, 2009

Futureshop

NBA 07 (PS3): $3
Bionicle Heroes (360): $3.60
Blitz: The League (360): $2
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3): $40
UEFA Euro 2008 (360): $4
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3): $30
Halo 3: ODST (360): $30
Section 8 (360): $3.50
Assassin's Creed II (360): $20

EBGames
Bionicle Heroes (360): $1.50
Blitz: The League (360): $1.25
NHL 10 (360): $17.50
Halo 3 ODST (360): $40
Section 8 (360): $25
Assassin's Creed II (360): $25
Raven Squad: Operation Hidden Dagger (360): $8

Best Buy
Bionicle Heroes (360): Not in database
Blitz: The League (360): Not in database
Halo 3 ODST (360): $30
Assassin's Creed II (360): $20
UEFA Euro 2008 (360): $8.40
Raven Squad: Operation Hidden Dagger (360): $6
Section 8 (360): $35

Dec 26, 2009

Rogers Plus
DS - Advance Wars: Dual Strike - $2.75
360 - COD4 - $16.75
360 - Gears of War - $13.75
360 - Gears of War 2 - $17.75
360 - Blue Dragon - $3.00
360 - Crackdown - $2.70
PS3 - MSG4 - $6.75
PS3 - Resistance Fall of Man - $6.75

Futureshop (January 2nd, 2010)

(PS3) Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - $40.00
(360) Halo ODST - $30.50

(360) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Not in the System yet the PS3 SKU was for $40.00

[quote name='afterburn999']I wanna Trade in Halo 3: ODST, does anyone know if they will let me put the credit on my gift card ? I wanna make my entire gift card tax free :D[/QUOTE]

edge cards are tax free cards.
gift cards mean you pay the tax.

stupid EB employees.

Thank you for clarifying this.

I am going into EB today and having them transfer all my preorders back onto my edge card, and then I will buy them from there.

They did not put my trades on the edge card first, so I got screwed for the taxes on at least one game. They told me that the edge card still gets taxed... grr.

Stupid EB people!

[quote name='andsoitgoes']stupid EB employees.

Thank you for clarifying this.

I am going into EB today and having them transfer all my preorders back onto my edge card, and then I will buy them from there.

They did not put my trades on the edge card first, so I got screwed for the taxes on at least one game. They told me that the edge card still gets taxed... grr.

Stupid EB people![/QUOTE]
As long as the preorder was through a trade, you don't owe any taxes on the amount. They don't put it onto an Edge card as it wasn't a straight trade, and they won't refund you the price of the game if it was a T3, all they can do is transfer it to another T3 title

[quote name='greywolf501']As long as the preorder was through a trade, you don't owe any taxes on the amount. They don't put it onto an Edge card as it wasn't a straight trade, and they won't refund you the price of the game if it was a T3, all they can do is transfer it to another T3 title[/QUOTE]

alot of CSRs will let you take the Gaming Guarantee game back for Edge Card credit.
some say they can't but when you tell them that's what the Gaming Guarantee says in writing:
that you can get store credit when you return the game.
but some are dicks if they suspect you did a T3 to get it and they MAKE you order another game.
YMMV.

EB - January 3rd

Fallout 3 - $17.50
Little King's Story - $17.50
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway - $10
Viva Pinata - $2

Surprised that BIA qualified, but I got my Darksiders pre-order no problem :D

[quote name='Heartless18']EB - January 3rd

Fallout 3 - $17.50
Little King's Story - $17.50
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway - $10
Viva Pinata - $2

Surprised that BIA qualified, but I got my Darksiders pre-order no problem :D[/QUOTE]

what systems?

It seems there has been a wholesale INCREASE in EB tivs, especially older PS3 titles... a lot of games seem to be worth about half of the used price now, so many sub $8 games now qualify for T3G1F. Like Brothers in Arms, Assassin's Creed 1, Mass Effect, Gears 2, and probably many others that have yet to be discovered.

Not too surprising since the shelves have really been decimated after Christmas... the mall store I went to looked practically bare compared to 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='TripleQ']It seems there has been a wholesale INCREASE in EB tivs, especially older PS3 titles... a lot of games seem to be worth about half of the used price now, so many sub $8 games now qualify for T3G1F. Like Brothers in Arms, Assassin's Creed 1, Mass Effect, Gears 2, and probably many others that have yet to be discovered.

Not too surprising since the shelves have really been decimated after Christmas... the mall store I went to looked practically bare compared to 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

It's probably also an effort to stay competitive with other stores offering trade-ins now, since a lot of them have higher TiVs. I don't think I've ever got higher than $37 from EB.

[quote name='TripleQ']It seems there has been a wholesale INCREASE in EB tivs, especially older PS3 titles... a lot of games seem to be worth about half of the used price now, so many sub $8 games now qualify for T3G1F. Like Brothers in Arms, Assassin's Creed 1, Mass Effect, Gears 2, and probably many others that have yet to be discovered.
[/QUOTE]

where are you guys getting these TIVS? no one's updated tivs.ca!

RFD.. they have many more users there and thus way more updates.

If neksus hasn't updated them by tomorrow morning I'll go through the thread and update tivs.ca.. although neksus has to approve them all before they go live I think.

[quote name='TripleQ']RFD.. they have many more users there and thus way more updates.

If neksus hasn't updated them by tomorrow morning I'll go through the thread and update tivs.ca.. although neksus has to approve them all before they go live I think.[/QUOTE]

see i knew something was amiss. i've just been watching here and tivs.ca.
and from that i saw that NOTHING qualified for T3 anymore.
i knew that couldn't be the case. and i don't like wading into the RFD cesspool.
guess i have to when neksus is off.
boooo neksus - making me read RFD! how dare you!

[quote name='greywolf501']As long as the preorder was through a trade, you don't owe any taxes on the amount. They don't put it onto an Edge card as it wasn't a straight trade, and they won't refund you the price of the game if it was a T3, all they can do is transfer it to another T3 title[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I looked through my paperwork and the guy who was doing it was just daft. I don't do enough straight trades at EB and just didn't realize how the system worked for that.

I got another $120 from another RP visit, paid off all of my pre-orders and grabbed Darksiders from EB, going to switch my RP Darksiders to Bayonetta simply because it's $10 less there.

And what's happened in the past with the T3G1F is that they just bump the price up, stick it on the pre-order and don't identify it specifically as a trade, even though it's obvious. YMMV on all of this stuff, though. Guess it depends on how good a mood the rep is that happens to help you, or how clueless the rep that's helping you is ;)

bread's done
Back