[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
If that's NSMB Wii, then these games must have "fallen off of a truck". Hoarders will be all of them, selling them on Kijiji for $60 each.

I would bet hundreds of dollars that it's just NSMB DS, the Wii version would seem way too good to be true.

[quote name='RchrdJ']If that's NSMB Wii, then these games must have "fallen off of a truck". Hoarders will be all of them, selling them on Kijiji for $60 each.

I would bet hundreds of dollars that it's just NSMB DS, the Wii version would seem way too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

welcome to the forum, welcome to the thread.
we discuss trade in values here.
he's saying if you trade in your used copy to FS they only give you $14 for it.
whereas most recent/popular games fetch $30-$40+ as a trade in.

Traded in a bunch of games at EB

Off the top of my head

50 Cent Blood in the sand (PS3) 19$
Star Wars Force Unleashed (360) 11$
Lost Odyssey 14-15$
Ratchet & Clank FTOD 11-12$
Gears of Wars 2 GOTY 14-15$ (me too stupid forgot to snag the voucher, meh)
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) ...cant remember but qualified
Street Fighter 4 (360) 15$

Preordered GOW 3, Bioshock 2 and Red Dead Redemption
Btw, Bioshock 2 is now 69.99$
Street Fighter 4 is 14.99 used at Future Shop.

Oh, & I bought a used collector edition of Lost Planet 1 at 13.49, kinda pricey but happy anyway :)
And Elebits The Adventures of Kai and Zero (DS) can be found for 10$ at Zellers if youre lucky, bought it with a 5$ coupon.

As of Friday January 22:

Blockbuster:
Tom Clancy EndWar (DS) - $3.00
Imagine Fashion Party (Wii) - $3.00
Imagine Party Babiez - $3.00 (Don't worry, the last 2 were picked up for $0.98 at Wal-Mart a while ago ;). I got them back after the family I gave them too got bored of them)
Terminator Salvation (360) - $8.00
Wall-E (360) - $4.00
Gears of War 2 (360) - $6.75

EB:
Gears of War 2 (360) - $17.75
Disney Sing It! (360) - $4.00

[quote name='Corizzle']As of Friday January 22:

Blockbuster:
Tom Clancy EndWar (DS) - $3.00
Imagine Fashion Party (Wii) - $3.00
Imagine Party Babiez - $3.00 (Don't worry, the last 2 were picked up for $0.98 at Wal-Mart a while ago ;). I got them back after the family I gave them too got bored of them)
Terminator Salvation (360) - $8.00
Wall-E (360) - $4.00
Gears of War 2 (360) - $6.75

EB:
Gears of War 2 (360) - $17.75
Disney Sing It! (360) - $4.00[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you trade your Imagine games at BBV, but they have a $6-$9 TIV at Microplay, so if you have this store close to you, these Imagine games do wonders for their trade-in promos.

[quote name='cashinstinct']Don't know if you trade your Imagine games at BBV, but they have a $6-$9 TIV at Microplay, so if you have this store close to you, these Imagine games do wonders for their trade-in promos.[/QUOTE]

I did, no Microplay near me anyway.

[quote name='Corizzle']I did, no Microplay near me anyway.[/QUOTE]
Aren't you in Napanee from what I remember? There is one in Belleville if you are.

[quote name='greywolf501']Aren't you in Napanee from what I remember? There is one in Belleville if you are.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I rarely ever go to Belleville, since I go to Queen's University I'm in Kingston from Monday-Friday.

I did not know there was one in Belleville though, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Found another copy of Section 8 in the Rogers BOGO rack.
Made sure I got the override to get the deal brought down to $19.99 as advertised.
Kid had to call the manager to get it done, but in my defense, it took him 20 minutes
to find the games in their little junk drawer of doom. God I hate Rogers.
Anywho:

BBV

Wolfenstein 360 - $27
Section 8 360 - $26

If anyone has too many Kellogg coupons and won't be able to use them all, I would gladly use 3 more or so. I was only able to find 3 and have used them all.

Thanks
Msg me in private

FS

Dead Rising 360 - $3.50
Uncharted 2 PS3 - $37.00

EB

Armored Core 4 PS3 - $14.50
Dead Rising 360 - $7.00
Tiger Woods 09 360 - $12.00
Top Spin 3 360 - >$8.00
Bourne 360 - $11.50

How can you get banned? I dont get it.

EB:

Cursed Mountain 24$ (EB had it marked down new 60 to 30$ - red sticker)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (360) 11$
Lost Odyssey 14$

Guys, do you think Bayonetta is going to drop fast? Did you trade yours?

Banned with only 4 pre-orders? Does not make sense to me???

Bayonetta PS3 values are on RFD, Rogers $40, and others are sub-$30, so it fell fast!!!

People on RFD are getting banned for have multiple preorders, guess with 4 I fell into that category... I asked to switch one of my SC:C to GOW3 when I picked up ME2. The one CSR was about to do it when another came over, looked at the screen, and said "He's flagged, he can't do anything."

[quote name='method47']Banned from EB from that last batch of games I traded in... I had 4 preorders, 2 for SC, 1 for ME2 and 1 on BS2.[/QUOTE]
do the employers actually recognize you? you must go to ebgames quite often
how do you get banned for 4 preorders? just say its for your friend??? I dont get it, why wouldn't they want your business ?

Damn that sucks. I have 5 pre-orders right now. I haven't done a trade for a few weeks so maybe I'm flagged in their computer also.

Were you trading in multiples of the same game? Where are you located?

[quote name='method47']People on RFD are getting banned for have multiple preorders, guess with 4 I fell into that category... I asked to switch one of my SC:C to GOW3 when I picked up ME2. The one CSR was about to do it when another came over, looked at the screen, and said "He's flagged, he can't do anything."[/QUOTE]

Did you at least complain? 4 POs doesn't seem to be unreasonable, like somebody said, did you use trade in duplicates? which EB location was it? the people who've been reported banned on rfd had well over 10 POs for the same game and used many duplicates.

Rexdale EB in Etobicoke. They do recognize me, I'm in there a few times a month, but I haven't traded in games since like November, other than the 9 I traded last week. I don't do duplicates, as they'd say no when I trade anyways. I knew what flagged meant, so I didn't bother asking why, but I should have. When I go in again Ill try again, and ask why.

EDIT: It was probably because I traded in 9 games last week, but none were games I've ever traded in before, and I only did 2 T3's and the other 3 for credit. The only thing I could see they would have a problem with would have been the 2 POPs I traded (1 for each console, PS3 version was sealed...) or just the quantity in general.

[quote name='PapaLau']FS Jan 26th

Modern Warfare 2 (360) - $45
Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena (360) - $8.50[/QUOTE]
ThANKS!
Time to get rid of MW2! :bouncy:
Good riddance!

[quote name='witenite']My Fear2 (ps3) only had a value of 7 bucks, 2 days ago, didnt qualify for t3/1
can anyone confirm its $12[/QUOTE]

They wrote F.E.A.R. not F.E.A.R. 2 :p

Yeah I have 5 preorders and Ive been trading sealed games.... one guy was suspicious, seemed to think it was stolen...but didnt bother much.

Guess Ill be careful.

January 27, 2010

EBGames
Bionicle Heroes: $3.75
Blitz: The League: $3.75

Rogers Plus
Bionicle Heroes: $3.00
Blitz: The League: $3.00

Blockbuster
Bionicle Heroes: $1
Blitz: The League: $1

fable 2 $18, halo wars $24

Watch your edge card. I m pretty sure I left it there last time I traded, i know they've not handed it back before and it was propped up behind the cash after I went nuts checking pockets for what i'd done with it.

they couldn't find it...but they pulled out several stacks of edge cards, drivers licenses and debit cards to look through. I got the balance put on another card no problem

Cursed Mountain (Wii)
Kingdom Hearts (DS)
Uncharted (PS3)
Quantum of Solace (360)
Halo Wars (360)

All Worked for trade 3, went to trade Bayonetta (360) but they told me it was $27 trade in value, too low I expect it to go up so I will check again in February when I pick up some more pre-orders

[quote name='Lockescythe']Ebs got a trade in get 50% towards certain games coming up apparently including WKC.[/QUOTE]

You kidding me? fuck I just traded AC2 and didnt know! Any way to apply this deal afterward?

Damn

[quote name='method47']Banned from EB from that last batch of games I traded in... I had 4 preorders, 2 for SC, 1 for ME2 and 1 on BS2.[/QUOTE]
Probably not the right thread for this, but what exactly does it mean to be "banned"? Like, "absolutely refuse to business with you and call mall security as soon as you try to enter the store" banned, "You can't trade in anymore games" banned, or "We basically just wanted to screw you over, take all of your games, and then give nothing back" banned?

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Probably not the right thread for this, but what exactly does it mean to be "banned"? Like, "absolutely refuse to business with you and call mall security as soon as you try to enter the store" banned, "You can't trade in anymore games" banned, or "We basically just wanted to screw you over, take all of your games, and then give nothing back" banned?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know.
Do they just refund all your preorders, and no longer let you buy or trade anything at any of their stores?

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']I would also like to know.
Do they just refund all your preorders, and no longer let you buy or trade anything at any of their stores?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read on RFD, you can keep your pre-orders and still shop in the store, but you can't trade in games. The system will flag your account and the staff will refuse to let you trade in stuff.

[quote name='Heartless18']From what I've read on RFD, you can keep your pre-orders and still shop in the store, but you can't trade in games. The system will flag your account and the staff will refuse to let you trade in stuff.[/QUOTE]

wow ill really be careful then.

[quote name='Heartless18']From what I've read on RFD, you can keep your pre-orders and still shop in the store, but you can't trade in games. The system will flag your account and the staff will refuse to let you trade in stuff.[/QUOTE]

I can definitely see how they could keep you from pre-ordering anything in the store, but I don't see a way for them to stop you from trading stuff in - unless they know you, of course. But when I trade stuff in they never type my name into their computer... unless it's for a pre-order. I'd assume you can still trade stuff in, just not for pre-orders.

I can still shop there, use credit, and I assume I can still do regular preorders. I just can't trade or do anything with my preorders I've gotten in relation to trading (other than pick them up).

EDIT: Atleast, this what I assume is locked down, once I heard flagged I just figured I was banned and left. I really need to ask next time I go.

EB, today (Jan 28)
Wii
Spyborgs $5
Rock Band AC/DC Track Pack $0
GH Aerosmith $7 (I bought this for $5 used months ago)
Boom Blox Bash Party $19.25 (selling for $30 new at EB, $15 on Boxing Day)

Section 8 $18.50 ($20 used at Rogers)

Best Buy
Wolfenstein PS3 $17.50
NHL 2K10 Wii $22.00
Both are good for Trade-2 for Mass Effect 2 (today might be the last day though).

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']EB, today (Jan 28)

Boom Blox Bash Party $19.25 (selling for $30 new at EB, $15 on Boxing Day)

[/QUOTE]

15$? I should have really went to EB at boxing day....my wife is crazy bout this game.

[quote name='Lockescythe']Ebs got a trade in get 50% towards certain games coming up apparently including WKC.[/QUOTE]

How does that work? Is there a game limit? Credit limit?

bread's done
Back