[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='game_fanatic']To me this promo doesn't really make sense. Technically, shouldn't MW2 been the only game to trade in for the extra 50%? Once the game is paid off in full, the other games should ring in as normal, with no 50% addition, unless you are pre-ordering two Power Trade games.[/QUOTE]

Probably but the system automatically bumps up every TIV in the transaction rather then just the games up to the $60 price of WNC. I assume if you got a strict CSR they would do 2 separate transactions but most won't care. It's a flaw in the EB system.

I'm happy, Fable II just had a new version come out that has some of the DLC included and that version is $30 new, there is no way EB can price used copies of Fable II for $45 much longer.

EB Games (all for Xbox 360):
Ace Combat 6 - $15 (up from $8.25 in November)
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. - 8+
FarCry 2 - 8+

The girl scanning them wouldn't tell me what the other two were worth and she can be really difficult so I didn't push it. I glanced at the screen; they were both $11 or $12.

ETA: Aren't store credit purchases supposed to be tax-free? I put my $69.99 toward the BioShock LE and paid off the difference in credit, but I just realized that my total paid is showing as $115.19. Buh?

[quote name='Ninja Robot Pirate']EB Games (all for Xbox 360):
Ace Combat 6 - $15 (up from $8.25 in November)
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. - 8+
FarCry 2 - 8+

The girl scanning them wouldn't tell me what the other two were worth and she can be really difficult so I didn't push it. I glanced at the screen; they were both $11 or $12.

ETA: Aren't store credit purchases supposed to be tax-free? I put my $69.99 toward the BioShock LE and paid off the difference in credit, but I just realized that my total paid is showing as $115.19. Buh?[/QUOTE]

I believe they do not tax you for the amount on the edge card. So if the limited edition was over 69.99, they would tax you on the difference.

[quote name='Corizzle']Probably but the system automatically bumps up every TIV in the transaction rather then just the games up to the $60 price of WNC. I assume if you got a strict CSR they would do 2 separate transactions but most won't care. It's a flaw in the EB system.

I'm happy, Fable II just had a new version come out that has some of the DLC included and that version is $30 new, there is no way EB can price used copies of Fable II for $45 much longer.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like an exploit. Do you think they'd be mad if i used it to get enough credit to buy 2 copies of agarest naughty limited edition?

[quote name='telepathy']Sounds like an exploit. Do you think they'd be mad if i used it to get enough credit to buy 2 copies of agarest naughty limited edition?[/QUOTE]

Agarest doesnt seem to be in there listing yet, its not on gamestop.ca

when i went to eb a couple of days ago, it was in their list of upcoming releases that they keep in that binder thingy. It had the game priced at $64.99

So, if I go up saying I want to trade towards WKC, and trade in a TON of games that go way over the $60 price point, I'll automatically get 50% extra for all the games?

[quote name='Placebo']EB Games
2/2/10
Cursed Mountain Wii $23 (!)
[/QUOTE]

That's weird, there's been multiple reports of $8 for this.. plus a couple of reports @ $20ish as well.

[quote name='Lockescythe']no, the poster clearly states eb gets the overage if it runs over 60. However if you get a incompetent sales clerk then yes it would work.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured as well, but apparently the computer doesn't know the difference (?), so if you just say "I want to trade in these games towards a PT game", they'll all get the bump in TIV.

[quote name='TripleQ']That's weird, there's been multiple reports of $8 for this.. plus a couple of reports @ $20ish as well.[/QUOTE]
Yep, it went down to $8 and today its back up to $23, traded one in today, surprised the crap outta me

[quote name='Azumangaman']So, if I go up saying I want to trade towards WKC, and trade in a TON of games that go way over the $60 price point, I'll automatically get 50% extra for all the games?[/QUOTE]That's what happened to me.:bouncy:

[quote name='rkenshin']Just wondering as I have a few US bought games.. Does EB take those in?[/QUOTE]
Yes. FYI: They usually have both the Canadian and US UPCs in their system. Even if the game doesn't scan they can manually enter it.

[quote name='rkenshin']Just wondering as I have a few US bought games.. Does EB take those in?[/QUOTE]
Yes, 90% of the time it's the same UPC anyways

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']So are all DS and Wii games bumped 5$?[/QUOTE]

The condition for that is that the game has to be minimum $3 TIV (from what i saw of the sign)

Tivs have dropped at EB:

PS3:
50 Cent - $6
Red Faction: G - $6

360:
CoD3 - $7
Afro Samurai - $7
HAWX - $14.75
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 - $11.50

February 3, 2010

Futureshop & Best Buy
Wolfenstein (PS3): $23
WWE Legends of WrestleMania (360): $15
WWE Legends of WrestleMania (PS3): $15.60
Red Faction: Guerrilla (PS3/360): $14
Alone in the Dark (360): $1.25

Rogers Plus
Red Faction: Guerrilla (PS3): $10.75
WWE Legends of WrestleMania (PS3): $8

Blockbuster
Red Faction: Guerrilla (360): $21
WWE Legends of WrestleMania (360): $18
Alone in the Dark (360): $2

EBGames
Cursed Mountain (Wii): $7 (I have no idea what the hell is going on with this game's TIV)

[quote name='game_fanatic']That's what I figured as well, but apparently the computer doesn't know the difference (?), so if you just say "I want to trade in these games towards a PT game", they'll all get the bump in TIV.[/QUOTE]

The employee I was talking to had the opposite problem, since she didn't even know what games were for power trade (thought that WK deal ends today). Pissed me off since there were some games I wanted to get rid of & I wanted WK. Decided to wait another day till the usual guy is there.

btw, did anyone happen to find any new loose copies floating around any eb's? apparently there were just barely enough copies to cover preorders.

As of today at EB:
FIFA 10 (PS3): $32.25
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3): $7
Tomb Raider Underworld (PS3): $7
Bioshock 1 (PS3): $7
Battlefield Bad Company 1 (360): $4

Not too bad. I got them bumped up for Bioshock 2... these are the values before the bump up though.

EB Games: (as of today)

Xbox 360:

COD WaW - 23.33
NFS Most Wanted - 23.33
NFS Undercover - 23.33
NFS Shift - 40.00
NFS Pro Street - 4.00
NFS Carbon - 7.00
Forza 2 - 3.25
Saints Row - 6.75
Hitman: Blood Money - 4.00
Lost Planet: EC - 4.00
MotoGP 06 - 3.50
Halo 3 - 15.50 (+ 9.50 Promo)
BF Bad Company: Gold Edition - 4.00
C&C 3 Tiberium Wars - 6.50
COD 2 - 6.75
COD 3 - 7.00
COD 4 GOTY - 17.75 (+ 7.25 promo)

Xbox
Forza (xbox) - 0.45
PGR - 0.95
Terminator Dawn/FT - 0.45
GTA 3 - 6.50
GTA: VC - 1.00

They also have the "Trade 3, Get 1 Free" for select titles with any trade-in worth $8+, which is worthwhile considering 3 titles @ 8, being $24 is way cheap

Some titles went up quite a bit recently (NFS MW, NFS Undercover)

[quote name='Blk04Turbo']EB Games: (as of today)

Xbox 360:

COD WaW - 23.33
NFS Most Wanted - 23.33
NFS Undercover - 23.33
NFS Shift - 40.00
NFS Pro Street - 4.00
NFS Carbon - 7.00
Forza 2 - 3.25
Saints Row - 6.75
Hitman: Blood Money - 4.00
Lost Planet: EC - 4.00
MotoGP 06 - 3.50
Halo 3 - 15.50 (+ 9.50 Promo)
BF Bad Company: Gold Edition - 4.00
C&C 3 Tiberium Wars - 6.50
COD 2 - 6.75
COD 3 - 7.00
COD 4 GOTY - 17.75 (+ 7.25 promo)

Xbox
Forza (xbox) - 0.45
PGR - 0.95
Terminator Dawn/FT - 0.45
GTA 3 - 6.50
GTA: VC - 1.00

They also have the "Trade 3, Get 1 Free" for select titles with any trade-in worth $8+, which is worthwhile considering 3 titles @ 8, being $24 is way cheap

Some titles went up quite a bit recently (NFS MW, NFS Undercover)[/QUOTE]

The games listed at "$23.33" are actually a result of the trade-in value bump EB gives titles worth over $8 for the trade-3 promotion. 3 games valued at $23.33 each equals a game for $69.99. Howver, tivs.ca lists both NFS:MW and NFS:U as

[quote name='Blk04Turbo']EB Games: (as of today)

[/QUOTE]

This is HUGE NEWS!
Thanks for this late-breaking development!
That'll certainly generate some posts in this thread!
/s

Today at EBGames:

NHL10 (360) - $40
Far Cry 2 (360) - $11

Not bad on FC2 considering I got it with that Zeller's 2/$30 glitch last year.

EB:

fable 2: 19.25
halo wars: $24
assassin's creed 2 PS3: $40
gears of war 2: $14.25
pokemon ranger: shadow of almia: $16
ninja gaiden sigma 2: $40
chronicles of riddick dark athena 360: $7

[quote name='j940651']This is HUGE NEWS!
/s[/QUOTE]

Wow, the jerk medal goes to you, well played sir.

EB
SW force unleashed 360 - over 8
Hot shots golf ps3 - over 20

Sorry for not using the exact values, didn't even ask, knew they'd be good, but didn't realize hot shots was worth that much. Just did the trade 2 + pay for MAG. had to pay 6.xx for some reason, also got some snazzy bag, reuseable one for trading in more than one game.

Too bad it says tony hawk ride and Guitar hero on it, I don't want to seem like I play crappy games :(

[quote name='j940651']This is HUGE NEWS!
/s[/QUOTE]
He was correcting someone who contributed to the thread.

Don't be a dick.

bread's done
Back