[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Alexisonfire']He was correcting someone who contributed to the thread.

Don't be a dick.[/QUOTE]

Show me the part where's he correcting someone who contributed to the thread.

[quote name='Blk04Turbo']
They also have the "Trade 3, Get 1 Free" for select titles with any trade-in worth $8+, which is worthwhile considering 3 titles @ 8, being $24 is way cheap
[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for my medal Kathos.

Regardless j, you were being a dick. Here on CAG we are usually friendly to others who contribute to a thread a positive manner, or have you not realized that yet?

[quote name='game_fanatic']Regardless j, you were being a dick. Here on CAG we are usually friendly to others who contribute to a thread a positive manner, or have you not realized that yet?[/QUOTE]

This place has changed SO much in the past year.
You guys used to be the meanest, elitist, rudest, condescending bunch out there. You made the Digg crowd look welcoming.

You people used to cut the balls off everyone who profited on a deal and noobs were getting flamed left right and center.

Now it's "Sunshine Smile Super Happy Fun Time" in here and it's not cool.
It's like T-Ball for Retards and everyone wins and no one keeps score.

I actually MISS klepto now.
And that's fu**ed up.

Here's an idea. Let's keep it civil in here.

I know it might be a reach for some people, though I'm sure that you can do it, if you really put your minds to it.

[quote name='chrisryans']Did I miss something? When did it get out of hand in here? haha[/QUOTE]

Didn't miss much.
It was pretty tame but still violating the spirit of the rules.
Thanks Shrike! :D

yeah can we not turn into red flag please, their trade thread revolves around Live Derek "talking... / " and people speculating who is banned and when and how and its just retarded. We are better than that.

EB games
Weight Loss DS - 10.50
Iron man ds 7.00
Star wars force unleashed ds 7
Nascar 09 360 - 11
GTA 4 360 - 15
hawk 360 - 14.75
007 quantom of solace 360 - 8+
FIFA 09 wii - 1.50
My sims kingdom - 7

BBV
White knight chronicles - 42

2/8 at EBGames:

Conflict: Denied Ops (X360) - $4.00
Forza Motorsport 3 (X360) - $40.00
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific (X360) - $10.50
James Cameron's Avatar (X360) - $25.00
Monster Madness (X360) - $6.25

Heroes over europe still $33 at BBV, they are trying to sell it $55 used (new reg price been $40 at eb from before xmas, maybe from release)

[quote name='JnJosh']
EB games
Weight Loss DS - 10.50

[/QUOTE]

You bastard! Did you pick up every copy at the Source Woodlawn? I went there bright and early Monday morning and they were all out of the 4 copies they had there on Sunday....
I suspected it was Live Derek, touche' my friend.

Anywho, called EB again:
Fallout 3 GOTY - $40

[quote name='Grease_Bits']You bastard! Did you pick up every copy at the Source Woodlawn? I went there bright and early Monday morning and they were all out of the 4 copies they had there on Sunday....
I suspected it was Live Derek, touche' my friend.
[/QUOTE]

They have been on sale for quite a while now, no wonder they were all gone by Monday.

February 9, 2010 TIVs for The King of Fighters XII (360):

Best Buy: Not in database
Futureshop: $10
Rogers Plus: $26.50
EBGames: $27.50
Blockbuster: $33

[quote name='chrisryans']Is Bioshock 2 a gaming guarantee? The rep I asked today had no idea.[/QUOTE]

It is indeed. I don't have the ad on my computer but didn't someone post
the image from their flyer already? was it this thread?

Regardless, it is a certifiable GG.
You're satisfied with it or full credit within 7 Business Days of the receipt date.

I've seen the advertisement, but yeah, they always go out of their way to make it "dissapear" after game is released so your forced to kinda pester them about it (at least this is what happened to me once with a new employee).

(Also I'm talking about in-store. They forced me to find proof that they made a mistake, so I had to print out the ad).

[quote name='Grease_Bits']You bastard! Did you pick up every copy at the Source Woodlawn? [/QUOTE]

No mine still had the 39.99 reciept in it from when it came out :bomb:. The clip broke on the pedometer (fail ubisoft!!)

Fffffuuuuu- NBA2k10 is dropping like a stone, just last week or so it was 32.50.

Anyway:

Bayonetta - PS3
Best Buy: $40
EB Games: $27.50

Guess where I went to trade it in.

WHAT, bayonetta is that low already?! jesus. seems like a title that would be on the most wanted list for next month.

EB games
Nintendo DS
Nintendogs 14.xx
Pokemon pearl 15
Animal Crossing ; wild world 16

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kathos']Fffffuuuuu- NBA2k10 is dropping like a stone, just last week or so it was 32.50.

Anyway:

Bayonetta - PS3
Best Buy: $40
EB Games: $27.50

Guess where I went to trade it in.[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta, MW2, Demon's Souls and NSMBW are all 50$ at FS starting Friday, in the new flyer.

[quote name='method47']Bayonetta, MW2, Demon's Souls and NSMBW are all 50$ at FS starting Friday, in the new flyer.[/QUOTE]

Whoa are those trade-in values? I'll be trading in MW2 as I snagged a Prestige Edition last week.

Here are some games that qualified at 8:00 PM tonight. Got myself pre-orders for Red Dead Redemption and Resonance of Fate with them:

Gears of War (360)
My Weight Loss Coach (I actually bought this to try out but it doesn't work on DSi :( ) (DS)
007: Quantum of Solace (360)
Fight Night Round 4 (360)
Guitar Hero: World Tour (LOL - I couldn't believe this one) (360)

MAG, EB Games, $30.50

Also, can anyone do me a solid and possibly post here or message me the TIV of MAG in the other stores (with date) from tivs? My work internet for some reason blocks tivs.ca, so I can't access it.

Thanks.

Added the dates they were checked, just in case.

MAG Ps3

BBV: $42 1/26/10
FS: $40 1/31/10
BB: $40 1/31/10
RP: $26.50 2/4/10

If you use it towards a Power Trade at EB it'll net you $45, I think.

Thanks alot Apollo. I would use it for a powertrade but nothing interests me as of now. Guess I'll most likely have to go to EB anways...

Hm... BB are apparently not accepting trades of MAG. At least for me anyway. Said they weren't taking it...

Probably just isnt in the system yet, takes a while for FS/BB to update thier trade in lists.

Oddly, sometimes they have TIVs for games that don't come out for months...

[quote name='game_fanatic']FS/BB will not PM clearance items, as stated clearly in their Price Match Policy.[/QUOTE]I've had FS PM Staples clearance -50% off items several times. Same CSR each time though.

[quote name='method47']Probably just isnt in the system yet, takes a while for FS/BB to update thier trade in lists.

Oddly, sometimes they have TIVs for games that don't come out for months...[/QUOTE]

Tivs.ca has been monitoring FS's TIV for Alpha Protocol for over a year. :cool:

[quote name='Go6']I've had FS PM Staples clearance -50% off items several times. Same CSR each time though.[/QUOTE]

Then you, sir, are quite lucky!

Went into EB today, looks like SOCOM, Assassin's Creed and Haze were all $6.50, all for PS3.

Here are today's TIVs for Fairytale Fights (PS3). I didn't bother checking Blockbuster (people have already said it's not in their database) or EBGames (quoted yesterday for $3).

Futureshop: $17
Best Buy: $17
Rogers Plus: $13.75

TIVS Feb 13 2010

PS3 Bioshock 2 - Ebgames 40.00, Bestbuy 40.00
PS3 Dark Sctor - EBgames 4.75, Bestbuy 0.25
PS3 Dirt 2 - EBGames 27.25, Bestbuy 32.00
PS3 F.E.A.R. 2 - EBGames 7.00 , Bestbuy 8.00
PS3 Skate 2 - EBGames 7.00, Bestbuy 7.00

Wii New Super Mario Bros - EBGames 30.00, Bestbuy 45.00

I did update them on tivs.ca, only traded in NSMB at Bestbuy... (got Assassin's Creed 2 for $37.50 while PMing FS 39.99, nice stuff)

EB Games

PSP Secret Agent Clank $15.00
360 Grid $15.00
360 Riddick $15.00
PS3 Motorstorm PR $19.50

Traded the first three for Bioshock 2, I was really surprised to see the values that high.

As of today:

EB
--------
Assassin's Creed (360) - $5
Metroid Prime 3 (Wii)- ~$12
Prince of Persia (360) - $10
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - $7
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (DS) - ~$15
--------

Sorry, can't quite remember the MP3 and VP. I think I got them right, but I may have switched them around.

Brought some games in to EB Games today for Xbox 360:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Ultimate Sith Edition) - $17
Gears of War 2 - $14.25
Halo 3: ODST - $40
Bully: Scholarship Ed. - $4
Burnout Paradise - $4
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise - $15.50
The Orange Box - $4

Most wanted list for Feb 28 - Apr 3
Army of 2: 40th day - PS3 xbox 360
Ass creed 2 - ps3 xbox 360
Ass creed bloodline - psp